Your Most Regretable Knife Purchase

Most regretable knife purchase was the Kershaw Outkast it is the hardest knife to sharpen,and the handle sucks, but I'm getting it profiled and we will see how it goes.

Most regretable knife purchase was the Kershaw Outkast it is the hardest knife to sharpen,and the handle sucks, but I'm getting it profiled and we will see how it goes.

Hard to sharpen is less than an excuse. It's a sign that your tools aren't cut out for the job

Sometimes, people just complain with the wrong idea. No, Busse's INFI will not be indestructible. Don't let the price tag bribe you into thinking you can chop concrete blocks with it for days. Use the right tool for the right job, use a Jackhammer.

Please, everyone, do more research before your purchases. It is no doubt hard to not be able to handle one before you buy. Just read more and post less, you have less knowledge of it than others do. You may ask questions, but there's a high probability that is has been asked a million time

Then you can:

Cancel your order

Complain in the CORRECT forum, DPX gear.

Some how force yourself to understand that Sh** Happens, and live a more fulfilling life not being overly concerned about material things.

I'll gladly edit this all out if asked. My Whine-o-meter might be a bit too sensitive.

I thought this was for everyone to bitch, Not just you.......:jerkit:

A Smith & Wesson M & P assisted open folder. Wish I had my $50 back. The spring assist open didn't last a year, and it wont hold a edge. I guess I was expexting the knife to be as good of quality ad their firearms.........

I thought this was for everyone to *****, Not just you.......

I've no problem with your post. I didn't start this thread to hear people whine. I started it more for people to share their bad knife experiences and the lessons learned from those experiences. Just a semantic clarification here.

God bless,
Adam

A Smith & Wesson M & P assisted open folder. Wish I had my $50 back. The spring assist open didn't last a year, and it wont hold a edge. I guess I was expexting the knife to be as good of quality ad their firearms.........

This. I bought it on impulse thinking the same thing... "I love my K-frame, surely this will be a decent blade!"

Nope. :barf:

I ended up giving it to a friend that had never carried a knife... now he owns a few Benchmade's and a Spydie. Trying to get him to get a fixed blade knife: an ESEE!

My most disappointing knife purchase was the TOPS Tom Brown Tracker. As sold, it made a fine boat anchor. I eventually reground all the edges and made it into a knife, but a cheap machete would do much better. :eek:

Originally Posted by low96hb

This. I bought it on impulse thinking the same thing... "I love my K-frame, surely this will be a decent blade!"

Nope. :barf:

I ended up giving it to a friend that had never carried a knife... now he owns a few Benchmade's and a Spydie. Trying to get him to get a fixed blade knife: an ESEE!

Too late to help you now, but S&W sold the rights to their name to a cheap knife guy years ago, who knows who sells them now, contracted out to unknown factories.

They are not S&W knives, they are S&W branded knives, no connection with the firearms any more. In fact, the people who sold the rights don't even own S&W itself any more, they sold the company too.

My biggest knife regret is the reciprocating saw I bought from Sears. I'd gotten a gift card with reward points from burning up my Sears card. Shortly after buying the saw, I noticed that Sears' web site carries ESEE knives! I could have bought a -6 for about $17 out of pocket! So far, I'm holding strong and keeping the saw because I theoretically need it more than a -6. I tell you what though, if they carried the Junglas, I'd send this saw back in a hot second!

My most regrettable purchase is also a smith and wesson folder. Pretty sure it's one of the CK series, maybe the five...can't recall. It's been sitting in a drawer ever since the day that I found out it can open in your pocket, no matter how much you tighten it. Thank goodness it's not an assist opener or I might have ended up with more than just a slightly nicked pocket.

My biggest knife regret is the reciprocating saw I bought from Sears. I'd gotten a gift card with reward points from burning up my Sears card. Shortly after buying the saw, I noticed that Sears' web site carries ESEE knives! I could have bought a -6 for about $17 out of pocket! So far, I'm holding strong and keeping the saw because I theoretically need it more than a -6. I tell you what though, if they carried the Junglas, I'd send this saw back in a hot second!

I had no idea Sears online carried ESEE, thats amazing! Thanks for sharing that. :thumbup:

One of my most regrettable would have to be my Gerber LHR. I had very high hopes for it concerning the guys (Larsen, Harsey and Reeve) who were involved in it, but it came surprisingly dull and just will not take an edge for me.

However, the ergos on the knife, handle, weight, etc are all outstanding. I just wish they used a higher grade of steel. Also, the sheath does have a learning curve to use correctly. Oh well, I've slowly gotten used over the years not to expect a whole lot from Gerber anyway.

Besides the LHR, it would have to be all the Cold Steel impulse purchases I made early on in my collecting career. But come on, I still love my CS Black Talon, Black Sable and Talwar regardless, lol.

I've read the LHR is made with 420HC steel. True? If so, suck.

Last edited:
The other day, I was talking to a co-worker about knives, survival kit stuff, etc. He says you want to see an awsome knife and low and behold out of his pocket comes the S&W assisted folder. He says "This is the sharpest knife I have ever owned" I restrained myself from slapping him and dropping an Izula in his pocket. I explained any knife can be made super sharp, it is just a matter of how long it will stay that way. I went on to explain to him about ESEE knives and some how we get talking about the TOPS tracker knife, ya know the one they used as a model for the knives in the movie Hunted. He got all excited and says, "That movie is awsome! That is where I learned to throw knives, are ESEE knives good for throwing?" More restraint here... I had a lot more explaining to do. I'll keep working on him, I refered him to Blade Forums and ESEE site. He is actually a smart guy, just lacking some education this department.

ARGH, My most regrettable knive purchase(s) is a SOG Trident satin clip point on folders, and the SOG SEAL Pup on fixed blades. I gave away the SEAL Pup to a friend who needed something to camp with. Still got the Trident as drawer queen. Never knocking my SOG Powerlock though...love it.

case xx changer

terrible its so off balance, using it for only a few minutes causes my hand to ache

This one is on behalf of my little brother, the RTAK-II, I tried to talk him into the junglas but he went for price and it lasted about 2-3 months before he snapped the blade in half chopping wood, now he's planning on a junglas especially after handling mine.

Your little brother broke an RTAK-II chopping wood? Thats incredible... how did he manage that? I mean I agree in your implication that the Junglas is a better quality knife, but the RTAK-II isnt exactly fragile...

worst for me was the scrapyard regulator, blade was too thick and not well balanced. the lack of a sheath or any kind of edge and the ridicules wait after paying in full just pissed me off i'd never buy from them or there brother companies again.

take it easy
cricket

Hmmm........Did you think .333' thick was thin before you bought it? :confused: Sorry, I had to ask! :D

Last edited:
Back