Your Most-used JK?

F fishiker had a sheepsfoot/boat knife that really struck me, so I have that now. I think it's a one-off. We've been discussing some rust-preventative measures he uses at work and I think it's going to make a nice addition to my JK collection. I need to make a kydex sheath for it before getting it out on the water, hopefully this weekend.

TZNrRia.jpg

Looks like red linen micarta? I can’t remember who I made that for, maybe Rob Babcock’s Dad?
F fishiker had a sheepsfoot/boat knife that really struck me, so I have that now. I think it's a one-off. We've been discussing some rust-preventative measures he uses at work and I think it's going to make a nice addition to my JK collection. I need to make a kydex sheath for it before getting it out on the water, hopefully this weekend.

View attachment 1579978

Looks like red linen micarta? I can’t remember who I made that for, maybe Rob Babcock’s Dad?

It is red linen micarta and I don't think I've seen that on any other one of your knives. It's been passed around the JK family a little as I think I spotted it randomly in one of the picture threads when looking up info on the bulldog again. Or the modern bowie I inquired about. So many great one-offs you've done over the years.

The rust preventive bikerector bikerector and I discussed is the Frog Lube Paste. I'm an electrician in a paper mill and my hand tools are regularly in wet locations. It isn't always just water. I've seen good hand tools rust in a matter of hours instead of days. I was searching for a solution and found Frog Lube. It's designed for firearms but I use it on my hand tools and knives. I like the fact that not only does it prevent rust but it's food safe and not petroleum based.

It is red linen micarta and I don't think I've seen that on any other one of your knives. It's been passed around the JK family a little as I think I spotted it randomly in one of the picture threads when looking up info on the bulldog again. Or the modern bowie I inquired about. So many great one-offs you've done over the years.
Oh I gots the red linen micarta on my element clip point hunter. I got a leather slip in xmas exchange and it's that and a machine era brass pen front left pocket every day

Oh I gots the red linen micarta on my element clip point hunter. I got a leather slip in xmas exchange and it's that and a machine era brass pen front left pocket every day

It's beautiful stuff.

I've tried to spread out a few of Dad's JKs to some deserving folks. Lord knows he had more than I can use!😂 But I'm keeping some classics that I'd never be able to part with.
I'm hoping you can take LOTS of pictures of your collection, I'm sure it's really something to see... :)

Back