Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

joeradza, I also have a Queen City/Cozy Glen Canoe. I cannot read the bottom line except for "OH" Ohio? I remember it being 1095 and I want to say I have had mine for about 8 years, but as to when it was actually made I am not sure. I did see one posting that said they only made 100 of these patterns and it was supposedly circa 2005. John
Thanks John. After your post I got out my trusty 10X loupe and saw there was a third line on the tang stamp ".....OH." I found a photo online of a trapper without the large canoe bolsters and it looks like the tang stamp is "Cozy Glen/Classic Knives/Oak Hill OH"

Just received this Case Chestnut Jigged Bone Texas Jack from my good friend Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron .
This knife is a nice handful . Evenly colored on both Mark & Pile sides and well taken care of I might add . Ron also sent along a pretty nice suede slip with it .It has the main clip and a small pen . I extremely happy to get this Texas Jack from Ron. I have a number of Case knives , but not a Texas Jack or one with Chestnut Bone , but this knife will be much more important to me . Thank you so much Ron .

Harry

vaZP7gf.jpg

Thank You Joeradza !! The Elk is going right into the pocket. The 99 going into the safe.

Just received this Case Chestnut Jigged Bone Texas Jack from my good friend Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron .
This knife is a nice handful . Evenly colored on both Mark & Pile sides and well taken care of I might add . Ron also sent along a pretty nice suede slip with it .It has the main clip and a small pen . I extremely happy to get this Texas Jack from Ron. I have a number of Case knives , but not a Texas Jack or one with Chestnut Bone , but this knife will be much more important to me . Thank you so much Ron .

Harry

Harry I am glad it got there safe and sound! I am glad you like it and a big Thank You for purchasing it and to @r8shell for graciously donating it to be sold for Bob’s fund! :D

I was able to go to the annual Bear & Son Factory Sale yesterday, as I live in J'ville, Al., and got a few nice surprises. I picked up theses two in the "seconds" bins and the quality is really good considering. Matter of fact, the "razor jack" is actually better than a lot of the traditionals I own next to my GECs.
4977CAEB-F4BE-4568-B2CF-1D1D831D945C_zpseqbr39y4.jpg

6992E01F-FD1A-4B7B-9F5B-8349DB5AF69E_zpsbfux9igj.jpg

BCC0A19E-B60A-4045-9790-1B68B218858D_zps0kyjkcwx.jpg

FCB3D92F-453A-414E-A781-C889F64A9A32_zps1cmgy6om.jpg

Two new knives yesterday, the second being this Rough Rider RR081 lockback. As I suspected, it is thin and light enough to be barely noticeable in any pocket. I think It will be a good performer although I really haven't cut anything with it yet except my thumb... :rolleyes: Anyway, fit and finish are good and the lockup is tight and solid. Overall length is 3 5/8" closed and the blade length is 2 7/8".

37639025125_6339968e00_b.jpg

Great find at the local knife shop, a Case Small Texas Jack (62032 CV), 2014 model NIB. My first jack and my first CV; I think it's going to be a great one to have in rotation.

24635167488_f699ba0cc0_b.jpg
If you ever have the opportunity to get an early ‘70s Case Small Texas Jack, grab it. Those are even better.

Looking good, Ed, glad it arrived safely!

That shield is great ! And unusual. Is it asymmetrical ? Hard to tell with the angle.

Sorry it took so long to respond, but I left town on Wednesday, and just got back. YES, it is asymmetrical, the clip end is bigger than the spear end.

If you ever have the opportunity to get an early ‘70s Case Small Texas Jack, grab it. Those are even better.

Thanks! That gives me another excuse to drop in to the local knife shop from time to time to look for older Schrades and Cases.

Back