1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    Love the pattern, the pulls are probably too heavy for me.

Signalprick likes this.
  2. navaja

navaja Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Traded into this one at my local knife shop the other day. Beautiful, solid Cattaraugus barlow. Seems like the tang stamps are backwards...large stamp barely fitting on the pen blade and tiny stamp on the clip blade. Backside of clip blade is stamped 22219. Blades appear to be full and there isn't even a hint of play in either one with solid half stops. Obviously, it's been cleaned and polished and only has a few spots on the blades. I'd call it a smooth antique bone? Can anyone shed some light on what exactly I have here and what it might be worth in this condition? Any help would be much appreciated.

-Chris

Attached Files:

Lostball likes this.
  3. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Arrived today! Slim Jack Buffalo Horn - Northwoods: (You gotta love the BF Exchange!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    TFBraden, Cutfinger, Bugdoc and 8 others like this.
  4. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    IMG_2389.PNG IMG_2388.PNG I showed her off in the #81 thread and thought I'd drag her over here too :)

5. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Titan, Cutfinger and 6 others like this.
  6. Vaporstang

Apr 8, 2014
    GEC Stag 89: I got this a couple of weeks ago but never got around to taking decent pictures. For whatever reason, the stag on this knife is hard to capture...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TFBraden, FLymon, zolthar and 5 others like this.
  7. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I don't know why I waited so long. This knife is perfect.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Will Power, zolthar and 6 others like this.
  8. hamsco

hamsco

Oct 30, 2015
    Sometimes you can get a sweet knife for not a lot of money. Before and after a Flitz bath. This was a SFO for Hunting magazine, in the 70s. I still need to work on an edge, but it fits in with some of my other small fixed blades (group photo shown).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Ramrodmb, Titan and 8 others like this.
  9. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I am really not a big fan of the Case Mini Trapper but I saw this in an Antique Shop last Sunday and really liked the covers and the price was less than a new one . It is definitely not an antique . There is some ir-regularity in the bone coloration that is visible in the daylight that was not seen inside .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    TFBraden, hamsco, zolthar and 4 others like this.
  10. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    Thats a nice array of small fixed blades! Your Schrade looks really comfy in hand.

...Looks like I just had a moose walk into the cigar party today.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, hamsco, paulhilborn and 4 others like this.
  11. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Received this Monday from the Legend from North Dakota and it was quite a shock to me . Completely unexpected and for no other reason than Paul Hilborn just being the guy that he is . Some of you know by now that I have a meager collection of Barlows and that my real passion is knives with Stag Covers . This one really checks both boxes . It is the best Popcorn Stag that I now have and I am a happy guy .
    Sorry that I had to wait to get some decent pictures in sunlight but it is what it is .
    It is an Old Cutler that someone has re-covered with some much better covers than the originals . These are some thick Stag covers too .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thank you very much my friend .

Harry

12. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    That's superb stag, Harry. That Legend Hilborn sent you a nice one!

13. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Beautiful stag, and a better friend!

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2017
    8111606C-A886-404E-B637-E6BBDF0FF3B4.jpeg

15. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    I’d say a pretty decent mailcall today...
    This well used/loved beauty is a Camillus made 303 circa 71’-74’ so the 3rd of the 4 versions they produced for Buck.
    0BA7BD2F-A52D-4CCA-9C1F-C9B827A29A5C.jpeg A4275F87-1DE7-45A8-84A1-B0502E65B824.jpeg

Bloefield, zolthar, Half/Stop and 3 others like this.
  16. Vaporstang

Apr 8, 2014
    I got this one last Thursday. (Case) Standard Eisenhower:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TFBraden, Wurrwulf, zolthar and 4 others like this.
  17. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Emspop I really need to just bite the bullet and pick me up one of those older buck stockman. Probably a 301.
    I bought a recent make a few months ago and it just didn’t do it for me, didn’t last long in the pocket. The snap, while adequate, was way lighter than I like and the sheeps foot is in the wrong place.
    Those old (Camillus?) versions look like fantastic users. Keep the pictures coming!

18. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Case jigged red bone canoe.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

TFBraden, Bloefield, pmek5 and 6 others like this.
  19. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    The difference between the modern Buck 303/301 and the Camillus ( my favorite) version is night and day. Don’t get me wrong the new ones are quality work knives but they lack not only a decent ( stronger) pull but they lack any character or soul to the design that I’m sure doesn’t matter to anybody outside of this forum but matter a great deal to me.
    Ive carried a number of both for a number of years and while they both will do all you need a pocket knife to do the cami just does it with a bit of style.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Ramrodmb, Bloefield and jwb01 like this.
  20. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    My mail dude loves me! I’m addicted to these just as badly as the old 303!
    29835E3B-2620-4DE7-8E9D-CE99D651AD8C.jpeg 6EA682BF-6711-4C6D-AEC1-E445FF3262FF.jpeg 4975DCB7-A5C4-4536-BB96-220F38D68DCA.jpeg DB0727E7-0EB9-4DEB-BABF-2E266DAA6812.jpeg