Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I've never had a Canoe pattern knife before. I've wanted one for several years but just never followed through. Decided the other day to change that. I haven't done anything with it yet but I really like the way it carries in my pocket.

"Pocket Friendly" and "Canoe" are synonyms.
Just sayin'

These 2 just arrived in the mailbox today. This rainy/snowy day is a good day to stay in and put some finger prints on'em.
5PlQ6k6.jpg

Look what the mailman brought me today.

201F2F9D-C39B-4763-96F2-F16B71C579F7.jpeg
799EA921-A37D-4B55-B167-9ED1F3AD33D8.jpeg

I figured I’d do the photo shoot in its natural environment, in my garden, by the spinach.

I’m starting a new part time job at the local feed store in a couple days, and I figured I should have the right traditional to take with me. FF isn’t the best I’ve seen - uneven grinding on the handles, some horizontal blade play, and the edge is chipped near the heel where it’s hitting the backspring. But the snap is good, and I specifically bought this knife to do hard work, so I’m not too concerned about it. I’ll probably end up running over it with a forklift, or something dumb like that, anyway. :D

Buck 0371BKSWM-C Barehead Stockman with black and blue G10 covers. :D
(is it properly "G10" or "G-10"?)
2014 date code.
New in hang package, from Knife Center.
My first one was stolen by a daRn truck poltergeist, when I was an OTR truck driver. :(

My interest in traditional slipjoints is fairly new (heavily influenced by you here!!). I have been sifting through the big auction site trying to find patterns that interest me but are users -- I am not (yet?!) a collector. Anyway... I got this Case Tony Bose teardrop a few days ago. The previous owner had dulled it quite a lot so I spent some time bringing the edge back. Some mineral oil in the joint and to clean-up the pocket debris and I carried it for the day. Not too sure I am a fan of the pocket-ability of the pattern just yet.

So, my new year's resolution didn't make it through January. :oops:

Anyway, here's an odd little Art Deco slipjoint (in steel and mother of pearl) from CRKT:
CRKT Daedalus 1.jpg CRKT Daedalus 2.jpg

I've been wanting to get a peanut and I've been wanting to find something with stag covers. A couple of weeks ago the local knife store had several Case knives that a local collector had decided to let go of. I liked this one, but I just wasn't sure about it. But after a decent "cooling off" period I went back today and it was still there, so I brought it home. 1988 Case 5220 SS:

39785424301_24821c27f6_b.jpg

24915061267_c5bc2b78f9_b.jpg

w9uupj3.jpg

Had problems editing...but it's been a FANTASTIC week for new arrivals. Top photo a Swell Centre Pen I bought from Lance on the Exchange.

Next a Chestnut Bone Teardrop in CV followed by a tidy RR 3" lock back.

@Jolipapa also sent me a fine box of goodies including a very clever coin knife but that's out in the country and I can't get a shot of it just now. What a haul!

Thanks, Will

Back