Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Great knives, Ron! Both are awesome and unique. I watched you snag that Norfolk and I knew we would see some pics soon. Congrats on a couple of gems that aren't easy to come by these days.
Thanks Rick! I’m looking forward to getting acquainted with them both!:)

I have to echo Rick, Ron !! Two grails indeed ! Congratulations and looking forward to seeing them more...wow
Thanks my friend! :)

Great looking Norfolk, Ron! It's my favorite of the Case - Bose collaborations that I have.
Thanks Gary! I admired yours when you posted it! :thumbsup:

Half/Stop Half/Stop you will be very pleased with the Norfolk, great blade combination.
Thanks, it’s a great combination for sure. :)

Very nice. I saw that one and thought about it, I refreshed the page and you had snagged it. I will look forward to to seeing it in the “What are your Totin” thread.
Thanks sir! :)

Ron my friend, score of a lifetime there!! That Cuban Pen is wonderful, not too poor that Norfolk either:D:D:cool:
Thanks Will! :) I totally agree my friend! :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s mail run was nothing short of awesome!!! :D I had contacted Duane sitflyer sitflyer about his signature line last Thursday. He had expressed an interest in acquiring a certain knife. Now I just happen to have in my modest collection two examples of this knife that he was looking for. ;) Duane had recently posted one of my favorite patterns. He had acquired a TK Cuban Tidioute Pen knife with the Christmas Lights Acrylic handles. So I was able to talk Duane into a trade. Hopefully he will be as pleased as I am! :D Thank you my friend!
38965145285_55c0a3f533_b_d.jpg

38965144915_b63b5356ef_b_d.jpg
I know you are going to Love that big bright beautiful knife :)

Today's mail was nothing short of amazing. I had been absent from the forum for the better part of a couple years, excepting an occasional swing by, and upon returning, kept seeing these wonderful single blade 440C knives from GEC, my curiosity was piqued, and I did some digging, only to find they were long gone and none to be found, snooze, ya loose lol, but I put up a distress flag, and lo and behold, my call was answered. Thank You Ron, I hope you know how much this means to me, and thank you for the little extra bonus in that beautiful copper liberty coin. It is a really nice proof stamp :) A single blade slip joint, GEC 440C drop point was a kind of grail knife to me, one I kept wishing they had available...now I have one to use and enjoy, and it will get used.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

another knife I had always wanted but never pulled the trigger on, was a Queen Mountain man, maybe because I was torn on whether to get a slip joint, or a lock back...I found this sweet big ole' cutter online and snapped it up. It got held up someplace in TX because of the ice storms, and I was beginning to get nervous, but she showed up today, and I gotta say...when Queen gets it right, they really nail it. This one is a true winner, nice action, pleasant pull, great walk and talk, beautiful covers...I can hardly wait to put this blade to the diamond stones and make it sing. I wanted to post this because I'll be out of touch for a week or so...going Diving in Roatan Honduras...

Thanks Much my friend, I'll take good care of this Mustang :)

Well it’s not in my paws yet lol But I just scored it minutes ago a realistic grail of mine :)
My First
Tony Bose & Case XX Peach Seed jigged dark Molasses Bone Dog leg Jack Knife carbon Rain Drop Damascus 1 of 100 NIB :thumbsup:
I’m really really excited for this one :)
Here’s a pic but not the one I’m getting .
Couldn’t down load the pics from the dealer but looks like this picture I got off another dealer . I believe closed it’s like 4 1/8 and at least from pictures I really like the pattern .
The rain drop Damascus was just the frosting on the cake :thumbsup:
zvcqrcI.jpg

Today's mail was nothing short of amazing. I had been absent from the forum for the better part of a couple years, excepting an occasional swing by, and upon returning, kept seeing these wonderful single blade 440C knives from GEC, my curiosity was piqued, and I did some digging, only to find they were long gone and none to be found, snooze, ya loose lol, but I put up a distress flag, and lo and behold, my call was answered. Thank You Ron, I hope you know how much this means to me, and thank you for the little extra bonus in that beautiful copper liberty coin. It is a really nice proof stamp :) A single blade slip joint, GEC 440C drop point was a kind of grail knife to me, one I kept wishing they had available...now I have one to use and enjoy, and it will get used.

View attachment 835324

another knife I had always wanted but never pulled the trigger on, was a Queen Mountain man, maybe because I was torn on whether to get a slip joint, or a lock back...I found this sweet big ole' cutter online and snapped it up. It got held up someplace in TX because of the ice storms, and I was beginning to get nervous, but she showed up today, and I gotta say...when Queen gets it right, they really nail it. This one is a true winner, nice action, pleasant pull, great walk and talk, beautiful covers...I can hardly wait to put this blade to the diamond stones and make it sing. I wanted to post this because I'll be out of touch for a week or so...going Diving in Roatan Honduras...

Duane you are quite welcome my friend! Thanks for the opportunity to get another TK for my pocket. I hope you enjoy your trip. :)

View attachment 835324

We got matching coins to carry...

28133024899_d14c0332df_c.jpg

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron was gracious enough to sell me two Willamette Whittlers this week. Man oh man are they swell! I was trying to hold off posting them, because I have a couple Grinling Whittlers on the way, too, to show them all at once; but there have been some shipping snafus with them, so I couldn't wait any longer. I'm carrying the Cocobolo, and the coin.

What a nice touch! The Liberty ounce of copper!

39913056931_6568749a77_c.jpg

Wohoo! Glad also to see that Ron has that confetti TK Cuban. It looks like a celebration knife if I've ever seen one!

Well it’s not in my paws yet lol But I just scored it minutes ago a realistic grail of mine :)
My First
Tony Bose & Case XX Peach Seed jigged dark Molasses Bone Dog leg Jack Knife carbon Rain Drop Damascus 1 of 100 NIB :thumbsup:
I’m really really excited for this one :)
Here’s a pic but not the one I’m getting .
Couldn’t down load the pics from the dealer but looks like this picture I got off another dealer . I believe closed it’s like 4 1/8 and at least from pictures I really like the pattern .
The rain drop Damascus was just the frosting on the cake :thumbsup:
zvcqrcI.jpg
Can't wait to see live pics of this one. I love this pattern!

View attachment 835324

Congrats, that 74 is one heck of a knife.:thumbsup: Wish they'd make more with 440. I have a cocobolo 73 that's one of my favorite EDCs.

Mine is plain old 1095 but it's got an honest to goodness patina, nothing forced, that works real nice with the dark wood. Enjoy!
I'm in NC and with the hot summers, mine partina, then rust, nice deep spots and pits of rust. 420HC and 440C are life savers to my knives. I am a big fan of 1095 and other
Carbon steels for a good part of the year...the hot months, not so much. That being said, I have a Powderhorn that has been a year round carry knife
For several years, it's time to re surface both blades.

I love each knife for what it is though, not what I wish it was. It's all good stuff!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I haven't got this one in hand yet I just scored it the other night.This will be my second GEC#16 Canoe. I've owned a few TC Barlows a Northwoods Michigan Jack a GEC #98 Texas Camp Knife S.F.O. and some fairly rare GECs But of all the knives I ever bought and sold This little GEC Canoe was the model I missed the most lol.Something about it just strikes my eye right. :eek::cool::thumbsup: The first one I had was in Jigged brown bone I believe. This one has got the most beautiful Snake Wood CoversI've seen in a long time. I believe this is 1of only 24 ever made with these handles. 15168315707511797882834.jpeg 1516831574564-1639823618.jpeg 1516831573432-596001477.jpeg 15168315723001804840259.jpeg

Back