1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Rick! I’m looking forward to getting acquainted with them both!:)

Thanks my friend! :)

Thanks Gary! I admired yours when you posted it! :thumbsup:

Thanks, it’s a great combination for sure. :)

Thanks sir! :)

Thanks Will! :) I totally agree my friend! :thumbsup:

sitflyer and Travman like this.
  2. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    315 likes this.
  3. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Solider Seal Camp Knife

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I know you are going to Love that big bright beautiful knife :)

Today's mail was nothing short of amazing. I had been absent from the forum for the better part of a couple years, excepting an occasional swing by, and upon returning, kept seeing these wonderful single blade 440C knives from GEC, my curiosity was piqued, and I did some digging, only to find they were long gone and none to be found, snooze, ya loose lol, but I put up a distress flag, and lo and behold, my call was answered. Thank You Ron, I hope you know how much this means to me, and thank you for the little extra bonus in that beautiful copper liberty coin. It is a really nice proof stamp :) A single blade slip joint, GEC 440C drop point was a kind of grail knife to me, one I kept wishing they had available...now I have one to use and enjoy, and it will get used.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

another knife I had always wanted but never pulled the trigger on, was a Queen Mountain man, maybe because I was torn on whether to get a slip joint, or a lock back...I found this sweet big ole' cutter online and snapped it up. It got held up someplace in TX because of the ice storms, and I was beginning to get nervous, but she showed up today, and I gotta say...when Queen gets it right, they really nail it. This one is a true winner, nice action, pleasant pull, great walk and talk, beautiful covers...I can hardly wait to put this blade to the diamond stones and make it sing. I wanted to post this because I'll be out of touch for a week or so...going Diving in Roatan Honduras...

Thanks Much my friend, I'll take good care of this Mustang :)

TPVT, AlwaysTomboy, HWF and 11 others like this.
  5. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Well it’s not in my paws yet lol But I just scored it minutes ago a realistic grail of mine :)
    My First
    Tony Bose & Case XX Peach Seed jigged dark Molasses Bone Dog leg Jack Knife carbon Rain Drop Damascus 1 of 100 NIB :thumbsup:
    I’m really really excited for this one :)
    Here’s a pic but not the one I’m getting .
    Couldn’t down load the pics from the dealer but looks like this picture I got off another dealer . I believe closed it’s like 4 1/8 and at least from pictures I really like the pattern .
    The rain drop Damascus was just the frosting on the cake :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

HWF, Signalprick, GE Jr and 8 others like this.
  6. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Picked up this little fellow at the post office just today. 1975 6208, not sure if red or brown bone though.

[​IMG]

7. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Man, you guys are reeling in some beauties!

sitflyer, TheFactor and Cutfinger like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Duane you are quite welcome my friend! Thanks for the opportunity to get another TK for my pocket. I hope you enjoy your trip. :)

traumkommode, sitflyer and Will Power like this.
  9. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    We got matching coins to carry...

[​IMG]

@Half/Stop Ron was gracious enough to sell me two Willamette Whittlers this week. Man oh man are they swell! I was trying to hold off posting them, because I have a couple Grinling Whittlers on the way, too, to show them all at once; but there have been some shipping snafus with them, so I couldn't wait any longer. I'm carrying the Cocobolo, and the coin.

What a nice touch! The Liberty ounce of copper!

[​IMG]

Wohoo! Glad also to see that Ron has that confetti TK Cuban. It looks like a celebration knife if I've ever seen one!

MJ71, Whetstone39, Travman and 8 others like this.
  10. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Can't wait to see live pics of this one. I love this pattern!

TheFactor likes this.
  11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks !!! Me to and right when I saw it I heard it calling me :D
    Will definitely post some pics :thumbsup:

12. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I
    I know you like the #78 so this'll keep your whistle wet until yours arrives.
    20180126_153224.jpg

20180126_153351.jpg

20180126_153317.jpg

TPVT, Whetstone39, TheFactor and 8 others like this.
  13. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    @traumkommode Glad you like the Willamette Whittlers! I look forward to seeing them with some use and a nice Patina! Enjoy them in good health my friend. :)

HWF and traumkommode like this.
  14. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Congrats, that 74 is one heck of a knife.:thumbsup: Wish they'd make more with 440. I have a cocobolo 73 that's one of my favorite EDCs.

sitflyer and HWF like this.
  15. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Im pretty happy having the ones I own, the reluctance of them to make more of them keeps them precious to me as users...

Bugdoc and HWF like this.
  16. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Mine is plain old 1095 but it's got an honest to goodness patina, nothing forced, that works real nice with the dark wood. Enjoy!

HWF and sitflyer like this.
  17. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I'm in NC and with the hot summers, mine partina, then rust, nice deep spots and pits of rust. 420HC and 440C are life savers to my knives. I am a big fan of 1095 and other
    Carbon steels for a good part of the year...the hot months, not so much. That being said, I have a Powderhorn that has been a year round carry knife
    For several years, it's time to re surface both blades.

I love each knife for what it is though, not what I wish it was. It's all good stuff!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bugdoc, peanutsxx and HWF like this.
  18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
  19. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    I haven't got this one in hand yet I just scored it the other night.This will be my second GEC#16 Canoe. I've owned a few TC Barlows a Northwoods Michigan Jack a GEC #98 Texas Camp Knife S.F.O. and some fairly rare GECs But of all the knives I ever bought and sold This little GEC Canoe was the model I missed the most lol.Something about it just strikes my eye right. :eek::cool::thumbsup: The first one I had was in Jigged brown bone I believe. This one has got the most beautiful Snake Wood CoversI've seen in a long time. I believe this is 1of only 24 ever made with these handles. 15168315707511797882834.jpeg 1516831574564-1639823618.jpeg 1516831573432-596001477.jpeg 15168315723001804840259.jpeg

sitflyer, Ramrodmb, HWF and 3 others like this.
  20. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Went to a local knife show today, picked up a custom and 3 Winchester Black Box knives.

[​IMG]

t.willy, pearl2291, HWF and 10 others like this.