Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Here are my latest acquisitions I have got over the past month or so, all purchased at flea-markets for bargains too! Not the best pictures, the lighting in my dining room is terrible but my workbench where I normally take pictures is nasty due to me being in the process of building a forge.
20180315_175707_zpswrjd09fx.jpg

I bought these first two the same day but different places.
One I have never heard of, a holub electricians knife I got for $6, its the worse of the bunch by far but makes a nice little addition to the collection
20180315_175853_zpsqa1nihob.jpg

20180315_175918_zpssf9f4t4k.jpg

The next one I bought, and my 4th electricians knife, is a camilus tl-29 that I got for $5. Definetely not the prettiest thing but it is still solid! Great snap and very little blade play, Just need to clean it up and it would be perfectly usable.
20180315_175836_zpsezl3kul9.jpg

20180315_180038_001_zpsx8x7uzt7.jpg

This week has been the best one for sure though because I got these next two.
The other day I bought this shrade 8ot for $17. It looks a little rough in the pictures but is not too bad in person. There is for sure some use on it, and suffered from some poor sharpening but it has a bunch of blade left and GREAT walk and talk. I was very impressed at the snap of the blades and how smooth the opening and closing is. I probably wont carry it much but it will look good sitting in my display case after I put a good edge on it!
20180315_180219_zpsjuw7yem0.jpg

20180315_180241_zpszog97ldg.jpg

20180315_180515_zpsoxltok0x.jpg

Today I get the beset deal of all I think, while at a gun shop I saw what I thought was a buck 110 for $30, not something I was super interested in but I took a look anyway. I'm glad I did because it ended up being a 112 that is like new with just some patina on the brass. I know it will clean up great with a little mag polish. I ended up getting it for $15 with the leather sheath, much better than the $45 for a new one. I was pretty happy about this because I lost the 112 I used to have and had been tossing around buying another one. This one is is even smoother and tighter than the brand new one I used to have. Can not wait to clean it up and put a new edge on it. (it has never even been sharpened as far as I can tell) It is definitely going to be a user!
20180315_180420_zpszvzbgvsv.jpg

20180315_180433_zps0vtwskp1.jpg

20180315_180500_zpscuztnadq.jpg

I plan on showing these off some more in a separate thread once I get them cleaned up some, maybe show some before and after pics. I have not cleaned or worked on any of these since I bought them. Should keep me busy while I am waiting on my forge to dry out. ;)
I think all of these will clean up pretty darn good!

Last edited:
These just came in today . I may have gotten lucky ???? What do you think joeradza joeradza
Picture of when they were introduced at GEC : Picture of Serial # 20

Received Serial No's. 20 & 21

One for my Wife and one for a Daughter .
Two knives made in 2011 with consecutive Serial Numbers LNIT with papers and tube and they may be actually new

Harry

buffalo01, I was not familiar with Holub knives, thought it might be a hardware store, but when I googled it, it came up as Holub Industries that was started in 1946, and was around till the 80's. Made a lot of tools and apparently your knife too. Nice find. John

These just came in today . I may have gotten lucky ???? What do you think joeradza joeradza

Two knives made in 2011 with consecutive Serial Numbers LNIT with papers and tube and they may be actually new

Harry

Great score, Harry! I like those.

Here is this week’s haul. I thought I had nice knives.... until this Dr. T showed up. This thing is money in every possible way.

View attachment 869255
That Dr. T is just an incredible display of a knife maker's skill . Congrats in getting that one my friend .
And you do have nice knives . Those 77's are as good as it gets and they cost a substantial amount less than the Dr. T .
How many of the 77's do you have now my friend ???

Harry

Last edited:
buffalo01, I was not familiar with Holub knives, thought it might be a hardware store, but when I googled it, it came up as Holub Industries that was started in 1946, and was around till the 80's. Made a lot of tools and apparently your knife too. Nice find. John
Thank sir! I plan on restoring it some and making a little project out of it. It seems like it has bone handles and I think they would refinish nicely

Picked up this little Schrade this week.

IMG_1997.jpg
Oh my, I come across some nice ones like that sometimes but can't shell out the money people around here want for them! It does remind me that a place up near my retirement home has a camilus stockmen for sale... Its labeled rough cut and I believe was a promo knife back in the day, perfect condition too!. I need to swing by there and see if they still have it after all these months... I regret not buying it every now and then.

Oh my, I come across some nice ones like that sometimes but can't shell out the money people around here want for them! It does remind me that a place up near my retirement home has a camilus stockmen for sale... Its labeled rough cut and I believe was a promo knife back in the day, perfect condition too!. I need to swing by there and see if they still have it after all these months... I regret not buying it every now and then.

Believe it or not, this one wasn't very expensive at all. Doe s that Rough Cut look like this?

IMG_1958.jpg

I think you need to Go For It B buffalo01 .

Harry

Harry
Another nice catch Harry. Your's is the first (and second) that I've taken a close look at. They are not simply made knives for sure, such nice detailing. How do they fit in hand? Are they at all practical, or just for show?

Back