Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

One that I've been looking for, for quite a while now, arrived today. 2004 Pocket Worn series Seahorse Whittler dressed in Caribbean blue jigged bone.

90mK9kY.jpg

These two came in today. I got the Black Jigged Bone Half Hawk because Frank (@knarfeng) seemed to like his so I got one. I got the Smooth Tobacco Bone Sowbelly simply because I wanted one so I got one. The fit and finish on both knives is great and the match strike pulls on both knives along with their ringed bolsters really set them off. Each came very sharp out of their boxes.

B0Rg426.jpg

En62F23.jpg

DF5FQTl.jpg

Ku8tByN.jpg

Last edited:
Modoc ED Modoc ED Like that Coal Miner, the bone and shield! Think I may have to look into getting one....RR can be variable, not surprising with an inexpensive knife, but they are often very good. I find their steel retains an edge far better than any of my carbon knives. Most of which require really very frequent stropping /sharpening.

Modoc ED Modoc ED Like that Coal Miner, the bone and shield! Think I may have to look into getting one....RR can be variable, not surprising with an inexpensive knife, but they are often very good. I find their steel retains an edge far better than any of my carbon knives. Most of which require really very frequent stropping /sharpening.

I haven't used it yet Will but will next weekend when we put our place to bed for the winter - secure the swamp cooler, put the lawn tractor and garden tractor on trickle chargers and cover them, put faucet bibs on the faucets and trim any foilage away from them, etc.. I too have found the steel on my Rough Riders take and hold a keen, grippy, edge.

Thanks Ed, look forward to it my friend:thumbsup: just had the first frosts up here in Scandiland-after a unique long summer/autumn. Had to change the tyres on the car to winter ones, starting to prep the country place for the long dark winter too. Interesting to see how the Half Hawk will be in the hand, the Master blade's certainly useful for a mess of tasks and I think the knife could feel right overall, good heft but hopefully not a house brick in the pocket:eek: Can't stand too much weight on a knife in my pocket.

Might have to check the bay now...getting the NKU (New Knife Urge :D)

Went to a Case knife event last weekend and aside from the special event knife I picked up these three... the two 47’s are harder to find, and I realized I didn’t have a large yellow handled stockman in CV steel.....
All have good f&f and w&t with the exception of the sheepsfoot on the “carbon” 47.
D57D6ABE-EFD2-4086-899E-7BF71447A828.jpeg

This Case 1-Dot (1979 manufacture) CV 61011 Hawkbill Pruner with jigged wood (pakkawood) covers arrived yesterday. It is in excellent condition (almost mint) and the fit and finish is very, very, good. The pull is a very firm 8 but should loosen up with use. It has a thong hole and I think I'll add a bail to it. The jigging is very crisp and detailed and the half stops are positive. All in all a very nice knife.

oMTjVWA.jpg

2qwt6RN.jpg

Uc2H0hJ.jpg

Last edited:
I've recently been carrying a custom sowbelly and have taken to the pattern, so when I found a Case I knew I had to have one. A single blade yellow delrin in CV. Dollar for dollar it's as good as they come. F&F is near flawless with smooth transitions, no gaps, and a centered sharp blade. A nearly complete sunken joint makes it very pocket friendly. The W&T is is right were it needs to be. A 5-6 on the pull with no half stop. Oh, and did I mention not only was it half a Benjamin but they included a t-shirt. Who doesn't like free stuff!?IMG_6292-800x646.JPG

Last edited:
Back