Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Well, it's been a while since I've shared any of my new additions to this thread, and I have added a couple over the last several weeks that I haven't really posted on the forum at all, so here we go.

I'll start with the most recent, a couple Tidioute #85's that seem to be all over the place lately. :D (No rotten banana for me, I just can't get into that shield. :confused:) Both nice knives, although I think I prefer this pattern in the Northfield trim with the EO notch.

HEwHxCY.jpg

lwagNKI.jpg

cZX9itj.jpg

yBSPeHf.jpg

Here's a stainless #99 that I've had a week or so. I love the bone one this one, though I wish it was a spear point, and 1095. :rolleyes: I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do any Farmer Locks along with these.

sBMWFd5.jpg

r52ReYU.jpg

This one just came in the mail today, picked it up off the exchange (thanks @Lostball!). I was bummed about missing out on this knife when it was released. I knew the chain wasn't going to be for me, but I also didn't really like the look of the ones I'd seen with the bail removed and the holes in the scales. My first thought was to remove the chain and just leave the bail, but the unusual-looking bail felt a little goofy on its own. I though this basic fob seemed a decent compromise.

fOJBX6T.jpg

zBzkqjN.jpg

Here's a user #74 that I picked up off the exchange recently. I really like the mossy green color on this one. (I didn't recall the green bone from when these were release -- at the time I only bought one in Ebony -- but it may have been because some of them were more bright green. I'll take this over bright green any day. :thumbsup:)

wlhTy23.jpg

Wn5rHhC.jpg

These are the only #14's I picked up this year's run. I went for quality over quantity. :cool: :D (I did post some pictures of the Dead Skunk elsewhere here on the forum when it arrived; feels like that was ages ago.)

1dtn0F2.jpg

nziiGD9.jpg

And last but certainly not least, a couple gifts I received recently: Duncan's 2012 PPP TC Barlow (from this GAW), and this Burlap Micarta Bull Nose from Paul. Thanks fellas! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rQKTAdH.jpg

7VACBZJ.jpg
I don't know what to say, so many great looking knives. Well done!

I’ve been eyeballing some of the various trappers people have posted. Never owned one before but I can see where they would be a practical outdoor knife so I was able to pick one up at what I thought was a reasonable price. This one won’t just be for looking at, it’ll get used. Hopefully on some critters.

E99-B2658-D2-BB-4-E5-E-9768-FEFBC0-D2-A495.jpg

I like the blade etch on that one. :thumbsup:

14bkfa1.jpg

Colonial scout/hobo, unused,good walk'n'talk
2ugi5ug.jpg

To be quite honest found myself jealous of all the banana knives posted lately, so I bought ME a banana knife;)
2wqz6fo.jpg

Little LB3 pretty bad sharpening rash, but I thing I can clean it up
2envww1.jpg
sl2m48.jpg

But the cherry on today's cupcake is this 6 dot Case 62109X Baby Copperhead in redbone :cool: excellent walk'n'talk & fit'n'finish
Nice pickups, your collection is really growing lately. Love that Case Mini Copperhead.

JohnDF JohnDF
Thanks, yeah sometimes I seem to hit dry spells,then it seems to come in groups. I do all collecting from retail(new stuff) and antique and pawn shops, and local ad sites like Craigslist and Offer up. Those came from the same antique place I got most of my vintage stuff. The owner actually called me over to his counter as soon as I go in and said " Got something you might like" hands me the Case and the little Schrade. :cool::thumbsup:

He has a large wooden bowl with knives in it,quite a few are in really rough shape. This time he actually said "you always pick the best ones" lol so hopefully he will, and his prices are usually very reasonable. I only gave $35 for the copperhead

Some unexpected overtime at work has allowed me to buy a few knives that I've had on the back burner for awhile. I finally got around to getting a Viper EZ Open and it arrived today. I just received it about an hour ago. The knife is fantastic but I'll need some more time to get used to the action.

It's too wet outside to get good pics so these will have to do for today.

IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4467.JPG
IMG_4466.JPG

Bought this #43 off of the Exchange. Just showed up in the mail.
Sold a #43 a while ago and have been kind of missing it ever since.
Cleaned it up a bit, sharpened it nicely, flushed and oiled it, and dropped it in my pocket.
Beavertail has always been my favorite series :thumbsup: They even look great when used, pure and simple. Now if I could only get one with a Lambsfoot blade. :D

I’m hoping to get lucky to score a BF trapper from 2012(?), but I’m not holding my breath. A whim bid and one that expect to get beat.

Some unexpected overtime at work has allowed me to buy a few knives that I've had on the back burner for awhile. I finally got around to getting a Viper EZ Open and it arrived today. I just received it about an hour ago. The knife is fantastic but I'll need some more time to get used to the action.

It's too wet outside to get good pics so these will have to do for today.

View attachment 1030516
View attachment 1030517
View attachment 1030518
If nothing else, I love the carbon fiber.

14bkfa1.jpg

Colonial scout/hobo, unused,good walk'n'talk
2ugi5ug.jpg

To be quite honest found myself jealous of all the banana knives posted lately, so I bought ME a banana knife;)
2wqz6fo.jpg

Little LB3 pretty bad sharpening rash, but I thing I can clean it up
2envww1.jpg
sl2m48.jpg

But the cherry on today's cupcake is this 6 dot Case 62109X Baby Copperhead in redbone :cool: excellent walk'n'talk & fit'n'finish
David, those are an impressive set of new acquisitions!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Where did you find them all?
IMHO, the Hobo knife and the Case baby copperhead are the cream of the crop!!

- GT

I used to be a faithful reader of, and poster in, this thread, but I've been irregular at best for a LONG time. I should make a resolution for 2019 to get back to being an active participant in this thread.

Anyway, last Monday I received a Case Carhartt wharncliffe mini trapper, courtesy of JohnDF JohnDF ; thanks, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I've been carrying it all week as a "free choice" knife, and that may continue for the coming week. ;) Here are a couple of photos of a notable knife. John included a nice note and some sort of Disney token that I know nothing about so far, but I've been doing some internet research. :)
carharttMT.mark.Vopen.onback.jpg

carharttMT.pile.Vopen.disneytoken.jpg

- GT

David, those are an impressive set of new acquisitions!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Where did you find them all?
IMHO, the Hobo knife and the Case baby copperhead are the cream of the crop!!

- GT
Actually in the same antique shop most of my vintage knives have been found. Although this time the owner pulled the Case and Schrade out from behind the counter. He waved me over as soon as I walked in saying " Hey I got something for ya" I'm really pleased with the Colonial hobo as well, I'm 99% sure its never been used. I think I forgot to mention the Dole Bananas knife is a Colonial as well
I wish those carhart knives was sold around here, I like them:cool::thumbsup:

John included ... some sort of Disney token
Nothing much to say about them. They sell them at Disneyland for souvenirs. I usually pick up a handful every time I'm there and then hand them out to people. Disneyland is "The Happiest Place on Earth" and I like to pass on the "Happiness" to others.

Back