Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Got this #73 in the day before yesterday - got it shot on the 'Bay. I have hardly seen this version of the #73 with ebony handles and the Northfield trademark - on the mainblade the Un-X-Ld is not etched but punched.

Interessting knife ;) - used though - but by a guy who seemed to know how to treat a pocket knife

ANDI....I really like that knife ..especially the double nicks,nice swedging and lanyard hole...Beautiful.... FES

Thanks for the kind words - FES :)

The double nicks are nice, indeed. Everything on this knife is just beautiful. FYI: the tang stamp says it´s made in 2011 ;) - I thought it would have been one of their first production runs at 2006/2007 but I was completelly wrong. So this all makes me more curious about this kind of GEC Northfield :)

New to me (thanks to pinkpearl8130) GEC #71 in the green canvas micarta. Put a leather lace on it and it's been in my pocket all day, beautiful knife. Now we're BBQing pork steaks and drinking St. Louis beer.

gec71stl.jpg

I ordered 4 pocket worn orange bone peanut knives (gifts for a special occasion this summer!), and the knife shop called to tell me they arrived.

Of course I browsed around a bit, and asked if he had any Boker stockmen in smooth yellow bone. Nope. Sigh. The shop owner did say that he just got a Boker knife in though and hadn't even opened the package. Disappearing into the stock room he came back with a nice presentation box holding an anniversary edition Boker Camp Knife (celebrating 145 yrs of knife/cutlery manufacturing). He opened it up in front of me, passed it over and after a few minutes of handling the knife I knew it had to be! I have never owned a Boker, and I was very taken by how well it felt in fit in my hand with the smooth Grenadill wood scales, the great fit and finish and smooth as butter opening of the stainless blades and tools each with a nice walk and talk. It was a bit spendy, and an impulse purchase but I figure #0107 of 1869 (the yr Boker started) will be my new lucky number. Also came with a nice leather sheath and chain to attach to the bail.

DSC03466.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

I've had the tidioute magnum for awhile and it really nice I've gone as far as only caring that some days. Then I saw some pics of the Northfield versions and had to try one! So the northfield is my newest addition. I really like how everything is squared off it gives a totally different feel to it. They are two different knives in hand because off that...now I just had to get my first scratch on it so I can carry it without second thought.
10376260_10203232722953043_8867728478594625632_n.jpg

1979724_10203232729073196_8965022789161575908_n.jpg

1964955_10203232722913042_1070175413347120556_n.jpg

As usual, a fine haul of new recruits.

Two particularly catch my eye though: xceptnl's Sheepfoot Charlow in White Bone, really admire that knife and would like one myself! The other is Mr.Bad's 66 Slim, what a blade and overall lines! Very glad I've got a couple of them on the way here.

Keep these pictures and details coming, there's always room for another knife in the house eh?:D:thumbup:

Thanks, Will

I believe these 2 are the only traditional knives I've gotten since this thread started... Unless some Boker daggers count :)

This filled two gaps in my collection. I've been wanting a Case "Purple Haze" and I didn't have a large Stockman. Voila!

Dang, this thing is bigger than I thought! It's a lot of knife.

i-H43QC88-X2.jpg

Also, I'm getting quite fond of Rough Rider knives. For the money they're hard to beat. This is my third. Couldn't resist getting a Battle Axe. This is also my first Congress.

i-pZxjk57-X2.jpg

Back