1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I've been told that assist knob was for use in breaking down your 1911 and M-14.

2. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I looked up Surrey and it is beautiful and the knife selection makes sense !! Great that you were able to procure the knives :D:cool: Welcomeand looking forward to seeing more from you

zoogirl likes this.
  3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Interesting, looks exactly like my Schatt Horticultural Jack, which is Clip/small Sheepfoot from the same end. Must be the same run from the Heritage series, 2007??

Thanks, Will

4. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Baby Backpocket custom order from Charlie Bell.
    20190506_152205.jpg

5. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    How cool is this craftsman whittler? I have always kind of wanted one of these. The craftsman branded schrades are just so neat; I like everything about it!

IMG_4294.JPG IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4296.JPG

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    That's a beauty, Paul, from the Schrade Walden era. Earlier than most all the Uncle Henrys, and carbon steel, too (I think).

TheChunk91 likes this.
  7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    That is too cool! I have never seen a Craftsman whittler, only the stockman. Do you know about what year it was made?

TheChunk91 likes this.
  8. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Paul's Craftsman Whittler almost made me forget why I came in here.
    I score a back up Winchester 3907 for a reasonable price. On top of that when I opened the package there was a Winchester 3964 stockman in there as a free gift. I gave the stockman to my buddy, since I already have the stockman and he just had most of his knives ripped off out of his storage.
    [​IMG]

9. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Thanks to the unexpected generosity of @315 I got a lovely surprise at the mailbox today. 315 knows of my love for scout knives in general, and BSA in particular, and he sent me this lovely stockman example!
    20190506_175302.jpg

Here it is with the Lambsfoot I was carrying today (thanks to @Jack Black for the opportunity to become a Guardian).
    20190506_175325.jpg

But I especially liked how well my new BSA Stockman paired with my regular field work companion :)
    20190506_175424.jpg

Thanks again 315. This was a truly wonderful surprise.

10. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    A small caper that I got from Gary Cunningham (Sylva, NC) this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

TFBraden, Pinemoon, Dschal and 4 others like this.
  11. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    Thanks. I'm not exactly sure when it was made. Schrade discontinued this pattern (804 in their number system) by 1975. To my knowledge the first use of these same kind of imitation stag delrin handles began with the first uncle henry in 1967. My best guess is this craftsman was likely made between 1967-1975.

navaja and flatblackcapo like this.
  12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Beautiful arrival for sure and always pleasing to have a backup or reserve with the BB knives:cool:

A tough worker by the looks of it, yet handsome :thumbsup:

flatblackcapo and Fodderwing like this.
  13. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Yucatecan knife maker JD Ware, custom large lock back with bull horn covers and coin silver (US quarter) shield. The 3.375" blade is O1 with a “French grey” treatment. This big boy (weighing in at a full 8 oz) originally had lignum covers. Unfortunately, they developed nasty splits at several of the pins. Jeff took those off and replaced them with some nice bull horn for me.

[​IMG]

jwb01, Duckdog, TFBraden and 8 others like this.
  14. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Don’t recall if I posted this in the thread, just in case.

[​IMG]

15. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    And here you thought I was sending you a useless hunk of metal....:rolleyes::rolleyes: Enjoy the knife and watch out so the kids don’t snag it!!

16. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    Thank you Jeff. That's my guess as to age. It's definitely carbon. :thumbsup:

17. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Paul, I've seen a list that shows Craftsman stopped using that crown shield in 1973, so most likely made before then.

navaja and TheChunk91 like this.
  18. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    One of the finest and most original makers we have.

d.r.h. likes this.
  19. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    You betcha! When I received it back from JD yesterday, I told him that I think I would like him to make one of his Navajas for me!

20. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The Navajas on his site are absolutely superb. I've posted this several times since I got it from Jeff. The finest coin knife. 20190326_124030-1024x935.jpg

Duckdog, TFBraden, Castnet and 4 others like this.