Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Yard sale fresh today ! Camillus 1969 Military Utility knife.... Stainless Steel.
Main blade, flat head screwdriver / bottle opener (with assist knob) , labelled
"can opener", leather punch , hinged bail. All functional, a slight side wobble
of main blade. I thought it was in good enough trim that I paid $20.00. Seemed
fair. I've wanted a Vietnam Era Milt. knife for a while... but most I've found have
damaged bits. Nice sample of 50 year old U.S. Militaria. :thumbsup:

Charles
https://imgur.com/a/qb62iw0
I've been told that assist knob was for use in breaking down your 1911 and M-14.

I’m way over as far west as you can get in Canada. I’m in Surrey, which is a suburb of Vancouver and officially the Armpit Of Canada!
I don’t work at the zoo anymore but I’ve always got an oddball critter or two. Currently it’s a pair of field mouse brothers. Oh, and most of a cat.
That Ambassador has been trying to come home with me for quite some time but had to wait five bucks. The fiver finally dropped and so did the knife - right into my pocket! ;)
I looked up Surrey and it is beautiful and the knife selection makes sense !! Great that you were able to procure the knives :D:cool: Welcomeand looking forward to seeing more from you

I snagged this little Schatt and Morgan peanut last week. I was attracted to it by the Unusual jigging pattern and the quality of the die job on the handle. After using it for a couple of days I am most impressed by the action, it simply begs to be opened and closed.View attachment 1123617 View attachment 1123618

Interesting, looks exactly like my Schatt Horticultural Jack, which is Clip/small Sheepfoot from the same end. Must be the same run from the Heritage series, 2007??

Thanks, Will

That's a beauty, Paul, from the Schrade Walden era. Earlier than most all the Uncle Henrys, and carbon steel, too (I think).

Paul's Craftsman Whittler almost made me forget why I came in here.
I score a back up Winchester 3907 for a reasonable price. On top of that when I opened the package there was a Winchester 3964 stockman in there as a free gift. I gave the stockman to my buddy, since I already have the stockman and he just had most of his knives ripped off out of his storage.
47722213632_bcbbeb742d_h.jpg

Thanks to the unexpected generosity of 315 315 I got a lovely surprise at the mailbox today. 315 knows of my love for scout knives in general, and BSA in particular, and he sent me this lovely stockman example!
20190506_175302.jpg

Here it is with the Lambsfoot I was carrying today (thanks to @Jack Black for the opportunity to become a Guardian).
20190506_175325.jpg

But I especially liked how well my new BSA Stockman paired with my regular field work companion :)
20190506_175424.jpg

Thanks again 315. This was a truly wonderful surprise.

That is too cool! I have never seen a Craftsman whittler, only the stockman. Do you know about what year it was made?

Thanks. I'm not exactly sure when it was made. Schrade discontinued this pattern (804 in their number system) by 1975. To my knowledge the first use of these same kind of imitation stag delrin handles began with the first uncle henry in 1967. My best guess is this craftsman was likely made between 1967-1975.

Paul's Craftsman Whittler almost made me forget why I came in here.
I score a back up Winchester 3907 for a reasonable price. On top of that when I opened the package there was a Winchester 3964 stockman in there as a free gift. I gave the stockman to my buddy, since I already have the stockman and he just had most of his knives ripped off out of his storage.
47722213632_bcbbeb742d_h.jpg

Beautiful arrival for sure and always pleasing to have a backup or reserve with the BB knives:cool:

A tough worker by the looks of it, yet handsome :thumbsup:

Yucatecan knife maker JD Ware, custom large lock back with bull horn covers and coin silver (US quarter) shield. The 3.375" blade is O1 with a “French grey” treatment. This big boy (weighing in at a full 8 oz) originally had lignum covers. Unfortunately, they developed nasty splits at several of the pins. Jeff took those off and replaced them with some nice bull horn for me.

HyUYeu7.jpg

Thanks to the unexpected generosity of 315 315 I got a lovely surprise at the mailbox today. 315 knows of my love for scout knives in general, and BSA in particular, and he sent me this lovely stockman example!
View attachment 1124114

Here it is with the Lambsfoot I was carrying today (thanks to @Jack Black for the opportunity to become a Guardian).
View attachment 1124117

But I especially liked how well my new BSA Stockman paired with my regular field work companion :)
View attachment 1124118

Thanks again 315. This was a truly wonderful surprise.

And here you thought I was sending you a useless hunk of metal....:rolleyes::rolleyes: Enjoy the knife and watch out so the kids don’t snag it!!

Yucatecan knife maker JD Ware, custom large lock back with bull horn covers and coin silver (US quarter) shield. The 3.375" blade is O1 with a “French grey” treatment. This big boy (weighing in at a full 8 oz) originally had lignum covers. Unfortunately, they developed nasty splits at several of the pins. Jeff took those off and replaced them with some nice bull horn for me.

HyUYeu7.jpg
One of the finest and most original makers we have.

Back