Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

SEwvbGk.jpg

I found this 1977 6232 Case jack a few days ago. It appears to never have been sharpened or carried. The brown bone is absolutely gorgeous, the shield is pinned, and the steel is CV. Now I understand what people mean when they gripe about the newer blades not being very well pointed -- this thing has a needle point! The pen blade was somewhat proud but a few minutes with a small diamond file on the kick fixed that. Overall a real beauty that just screams "classic, traditional pocket knife."

48441143111_091ef4922f_b.jpg

Last edited:
I found this 1978 6232 Case jack a few days ago. It appears to never have been sharpened or carried. The brown bone is absolutely gorgeous, the shield is pinned, and the steel is CV. Now I understand what people mean when they gripe about the newer blades not being very well pointed -- this thing has a needle point! The pen blade was somewhat proud but a few minutes with a small diamond file on the kick fixed that. Overall a real beauty that just screams "classic, traditional pocket knife."

48441143111_091ef4922f_b.jpg
She's a beauty for sure; that bone has a pleasing color and jigging.
I wish Case didnt round off the tips of the newer knives, but I suppose that's a result of rapid production and trying to get them out in numbers. Otherwise they are fine knives

I found this 1978 6232 Case jack a few days ago. It appears to never have been sharpened or carried. The brown bone is absolutely gorgeous, the shield is pinned, and the steel is CV. Now I understand what people mean when they gripe about the newer blades not being very well pointed -- this thing has a needle point! The pen blade was somewhat proud but a few minutes with a small diamond file on the kick fixed that. Overall a real beauty that just screams "classic, traditional pocket knife."

Man, that's the kind of find I dream of :). Congratulations. Absolutely beautiful.

Following up your cigar with one of my own... no, not the knife.. the PROP for the knife...:rolleyes:

Just arrived, a little Queen! I have just recently been introduced to Winterbottom scales... still sounds like something from Game of Thrones, but I digress... John Snow mooning the nightwalkers, or something...
I found this one on thebay... looks brand new. It's a Queen, Dan Burke #46, wharncliffe/pen. It's a small knife, not quite peanut size, but small... about like a Case copperhead.

It's a beautifully made knife, and the scales are very, very nice... IMHO, of course. The pen blade looks to be very close to rubbing, but it's likely just that it's such a small knife, there's not a lot of extra room there. There are no signs of rubbing at all on the blade.
I'm tickled...

Queen%20in%20hand_zpsrb9zworn.jpg
Queen%20front%20side_zpswuhvg1qo.jpg

Queen%20pile%20side_zpstwmbpaq7.jpg
Queen%20pen%20blade_zpsov8ujmwc.jpg

Following up your cigar with one of my own... no, not the knife.. the PROP for the knife...:rolleyes:

Just arrived, a little Queen! I have just recently been introduced to Winterbottom scales... still sounds like something from Game of Thrones, but I digress... John Snow mooning the nightwalkers, or something...
I found this one on thebay... looks brand new. It's a Queen, Dan Burke #46, wharncliffe/pen. It's a small knife, not quite peanut size, but small... about like a Case copperhead.

It's a beautifully made knife, and the scales are very, very nice... IMHO, of course. The pen blade looks to be very close to rubbing, but it's likely just that it's such a small knife, there's not a lot of extra room there. There are no signs of rubbing at all on the blade.
I'm tickled...

Queen%20in%20hand_zpsrb9zworn.jpg
Queen%20front%20side_zpswuhvg1qo.jpg

Queen%20pile%20side_zpstwmbpaq7.jpg
Queen%20pen%20blade_zpsov8ujmwc.jpg

Very nice. I got the #26 Small Stockman a few weeks ago and feel the same way. Love the Wharnie on yours.

Just in ... and it more than satisfies (for now!) my never ending fondness for 3-blade whittlers. Bill Ruple serpentine whittler with eye popping mother of pearl covers. Blades are ATS-34 and the main Wharncliffe measures in at 2.375”, while the two pens are 1.75”. Much more beautiful in person than any photograph I could take.

OVjPUlf.jpg

8pYR35q.jpg

Z60aML5.jpg

Back