Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

So I decided to take advantage of the nice day here. Put my spinning rod in the car and headed out to Nine Mile Creek. The section I fish is between Marcellus and Camillus, NY. I was headed up stream towards Camillus when it dawned on me I hadn't stopped by the Cutlery Shop across from the old Camillus Cutlery factory in awhile. Well I decided to do that before I got my line wet.
Son of a gun if I didn't see a nice proper yellow knife to purchase! I'll be ready for the next Y day in the ABC thread. Picks cause it did happen:
Took these streamside. Caught no fish but came home happy with a pretty vintage
3 1/8"Stockman, a shadow to boot! Perfect watch pocket knife. The 1878-2008 150th anniversary pin was a freebie.
UJrCMWf.jpg

23P5Pvx.jpg

Just arrived fresh out of the tube.
Gec #29 Burnt Sienna jigged Bone.
Main blade and secondary flush on the back strap when closed and at half stop.Centered blades topped with nice walk and talk with first class fit and finish:thumbsup:
What a great example and a Big Thanks to Gec and DLT !
9k6hAkp.jpg

Jsraf4p.jpg

I had been looking for a TL-29 Electrician's knife that that had it stamped on it for some time and finally found one made by Camillus in an Antique store last week . Fine old knife .

Harry

That is a handsome knife Harry. :thumbsup:
I'm on the lookout for a wooden handled one with a stamp in the wood, preferably a Camillus.
I know I'll find a nice one if I am patient.
I'm impressed with the edge holding of the Camillus knives I have.

Michael

Just arrived. Great Eastern Cutlery #82 Possum Skinner in canvas micarta. The micarta covers were scrubbed with dish soap and hot water to remove the dark marks left from the factory. I flushed the blade joints with mineral oil, working each blade open and almost closed repeatedly, wiping away the resulting gunk. Then I wiped down the micarta with rubbing alcohol to remove most of the mineral oil that had gotten in them.

img_7633.jpg

img_7634.jpg

img_7632.jpg

Last edited:
Back