Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Yesterday's mail call. Definately a balancing Yin to my M. May knife's Yang. :D

DSC-3056.jpg

I almost hesitate to post something on this devilish page number, but these are too sweet to ignore. Just arrived last night, a mid 1970s Boker 7588 medium stockman, and a Schrade Walden 8OT with match strike long pull. Schrade experts, does the match strike pull indicate a narrower date range than 1965-'73? Thanks in advance!

Pk3YLT9.jpg

JwkinO3.jpg

Dealer Exclusive Buck 055.

The "Exclusive" features are the nickel silver bolsters instead of the standard brass, a drop point blade instead of the standard clip blade, and Indigo Blue slabs instead of the standard Walnut slabs. I'm unclear how many were or will be made but the first 100 knives are numbered.

IMG_5168.JPG
IMG_5173.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5170.JPG

I almost hesitate to post something on this devilish page number, but these are too sweet to ignore. Just arrived last night, a mid 1970s Boker 7588 medium stockman, and a Schrade Walden 8OT with match strike long pull. Schrade experts, does the match strike pull indicate a narrower date range than 1965-'73? Thanks in advance!

Pk3YLT9.jpg

JwkinO3.jpg
Both very nice Jeff. No expert here Jeff (I just play one on TV):p but I recall that from a thread in the Schrade form and if I guessed as to who clued me in, I think it was Codger or thawk. I had questions when it came to Schrade NY and the Schrade Walden time stamps and the matchstrike did narrow down dates in that 65-73 era.

Been searching for a bone Camillus 69 for a while now. Definitely the crown jewel in my Camillus collection.

Long line tang stamp so according to my research sometime between 1960 - 1964, although Camillus can be inconsistent.

No cracks or chips in the bone. Milled liners and fancy backspring spacer, good snap on all three blades and no wobble. Definitely used but very well cared for. And it only took a few passes on a ceramic hone to get all the blades near shaving sharp.

Zo1mFqih.jpg

OY39HxRh.jpg

Back