1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Yesterday's mail call. Definately a balancing Yin to my M. May knife's Yang. :D

[​IMG]

2. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    I found this in the mail today:

upload_2019-11-8_16-0-2.png

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I almost hesitate to post something on this devilish page number, but these are too sweet to ignore. Just arrived last night, a mid 1970s Boker 7588 medium stockman, and a Schrade Walden 8OT with match strike long pull. Schrade experts, does the match strike pull indicate a narrower date range than 1965-'73? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I needed another Pioneer like a hole in the head, but it was too inexpensive (and too purple) to *not* buy this.

17692C6A-D318-4F58-B281-AC73557969F6.jpeg

5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Came home to a pile of mail and a pristine Schrade 895.

[​IMG]

6. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Dealer Exclusive Buck 055.

The "Exclusive" features are the nickel silver bolsters instead of the standard brass, a drop point blade instead of the standard clip blade, and Indigo Blue slabs instead of the standard Walnut slabs. I'm unclear how many were or will be made but the first 100 knives are numbered.

IMG_5168.JPG
    IMG_5173.JPG
    IMG_5171.JPG
    IMG_5170.JPG

7. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Beautiful, Rick, and the serial number matches your age, too! :eek: ;) :D

TheChunk91 and Railsplitter like this.
  8. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    rotfl.gif

9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Both very nice Jeff. No expert here Jeff (I just play one on TV):p but I recall that from a thread in the Schrade form and if I guessed as to who clued me in, I think it was Codger or thawk. I had questions when it came to Schrade NY and the Schrade Walden time stamps and the matchstrike did narrow down dates in that 65-73 era.

10. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
  11. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Just unboxed and going straight in the pocket...
    [​IMG]

12. Tx308

Tx308

Dec 30, 2014
    Been searching for a bone Camillus 69 for a while now. Definitely the crown jewel in my Camillus collection.

Long line tang stamp so according to my research sometime between 1960 - 1964, although Camillus can be inconsistent.

No cracks or chips in the bone. Milled liners and fancy backspring spacer, good snap on all three blades and no wobble. Definitely used but very well cared for. And it only took a few passes on a ceramic hone to get all the blades near shaving sharp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Beauty! :cool::thumbsup:

Tx308 likes this.
  14. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice one :thumbsup:
    I like mine a lot. Built like a tank. The innovative split lockbar means the blade has to be centered on every one produced.
    They may be Chinese made, but AG has wonderful designs, fantastic users, and reasonable prices.

[​IMG]AG Sunfish by D P, on Flickr

15. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I took a hit in the pocketbook, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to buy these as a group. Fantastic knives! Apologies for my poor photo skills...

[​IMG]

16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @BenjaminRush Worth the hit I'd say;) That's a formidable arsenal of Big Guns :cool:

blademan 13 and BenjaminRush like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Those make a quality GEC collection all on their own. :cool::thumbsup:

Jolipapa and BenjaminRush like this.
  18. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Just picked up a nice Schrade Walden 4" yella stockman, with long swedge and match strike pull.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    You landed a nice one Jeff.

I picked up a Master Mechanic today, AKA 89OT. There are some spots due to storage but I don’t think it’s ever been used....I’ll have to rectify thato_O

[​IMG]

20. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    3299 1/2 Case jumbo jack. Brand new never used.Another good pawnshop find :thumbsup: More pics to come in other relevant threads ;)