Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

4Pop4TZ.jpg

Don't know how traditional it is, but the ups man just dropped this off. An unexpected gift from my best friend.

Picked up this Puma Werk pruner off the bay.
It's got a lot of character. The wood is wonderful and it still has a great snap and action. No blade play.
I sharpened it up a bit and it's ready for work.

Anybody have any idea on the age of this one?

Edit: Found some info on the knife, apparently it's the "Gardener Stick No. 44 about 1930". That's pretty cool. Might be my oldest slipjoint. Amazing how well it still works after that much time.

https://www.pumahunter.de/taschenmesser/#gartnermesser-01-jpg
https://www.pumahunter.de/taschenmesser/#gartnermesser-02-jpg

Last edited:
n6DfB3i.jpg
wDlGTHF.jpg

This one isn't destined to be mine long, its going to be a Christmas gift to my Dad. These are really nice,I really like the satin treatment on all the metal components. I had mentioned in a thread on the exchange I would take seconds on an Oil sucker 86 if the deal fell through. To which @Shawn Best graciously messaged me saying he had one he'd sell me. I'm very thankful as I did want to get one before Christmas obviously. Shawn was very nice to do business with,and I received the knife promptly. It came with the tube,wax paper, and button. My Dad was a mechanic by trade,a woodworker by heart so I think this is something he would like very much.

Not here yet but I’m expecting a 66 tortoise shell Northfield and, thanks to a porch brother, a Tidioute 66 Calf Roper in Gabon ebony, probably my absolute favorite GEC carry knife. Woo hoo! Photos later.

A couple day ago the postal brought me a Mora No 1, (new made) Old Timer 290OT Barlow and a (new made) Uncle Henry 885 Stockman.
The 885 was a wee bit smaller than expected. :(
Oh well. Maybe postal will bring me a (new made) Old Timer 858OT next month. :)
(or a set of RR 'Stroke of Luck' Stockman, Trapper, and canoe. Either will work.)

n6DfB3i.jpg
wDlGTHF.jpg

This one isn't destined to be mine long, its going to be a Christmas gift to my Dad. These are really nice,I really like the satin treatment on all the metal components. I had mentioned in a thread on the exchange I would take seconds on an Oil sucker 86 if the deal fell through. To which @Shawn Best graciously messaged me saying he had one he'd sell me. I'm very thankful as I did want to get one before Christmas obviously. Shawn was very nice to do business with,and I received the knife promptly. It came with the tube,wax paper, and button. My Dad was a mechanic by trade,a woodworker by heart so I think this is something he would like very much.
Great shot !!
Beautiful knife and wood grain :thumbsup:

Well....I thought this Master Mechanic had a smooth edge on the sheepsfoot blade and thought it’d make a nice pairing to the one I picked up with a serrated blade.

1232-C3-FC-494-B-4-A23-AFFD-E72-B67-B0-D7-BF.jpg

Apparently I need stronger reading glasses because the blade is not smooth:confused::confused:

0-E5-B23-F3-6-E76-4-A74-8-A9-D-27255-D28-B14-F.jpg

Oh well....

I guess you could always sharpen the serrations smooth if you wanted to. Not a fan of them myself.

Got my Case belt buckle that I ordered, I like it but upon stripping the clear coating off of it so the " solid brass " could age naturally I discovered it is in fact brass plated something.

I also received the GEC H20 Wurrwulf sent me.
For some reason I assumed it would come with a factory sheath If at all and I'd have to make myself one, surprisingly it came with a nice CK clip sheath that'll hold the knife either way so I'm all set.

All it needed was a touch up and a good stropping, now it's ready to make a great EDC.

A big thank you to Wurrwulf for the nice knife, even if I had gotten one of those last few that GEC had left I wouldn't have gotten this nice sheath with it.

Last edited:
Back