Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I picked up a couple made by Schrade...againo_O The first is pretty much new in the box, not a speck on it. A 34OT made for LL Bean. Always liked LL Bean so I bought it.

4409-FF57-30-D6-4570-8168-72-E9-F548-FAA1.jpg

The second, another Parker Frost Bison. If I keep finding these I’ll need a bigger pasture:confused: It’s also essentially new in the box.

08-C813-C0-24-B7-42-EC-80-DF-FAD40-B0781-F9.jpg

I just picked these two up from the Exchange... Large/Small combo...

Nice! I think the Coyote in osage wood was my "knife of the year" a few years back. It's a perfect backup in case your other knife is lacking a straight edge. :):thumbsup:

I just picked these two up from the Exchange... Large/Small combo...

This pair of pictures is funny, since the "large" and the "small" look "small" and "large" because of how you've photographed them.

6Hjfddi.jpg

Ambassador baseball bat advertising knife (with no advertising!). I have seen a couple of other knives like this with advertising on the handle. The handle cover looks like some kind of synthetic mother of pearl, although I think it's hard to tell from the photo. $5.00 at a gun show today.

I was right. It is awesome.
This is the small Blakiston's. At 3 3/8" closed length, it is sized just right for a secure three finger hold.
With the naked eye, the joint between the blade and spring is almost invisible.

A Moki Blakiston's Fish Owl has been shipped to my house from Collector Knives.
I know from past experience with Moki knives that it will be awesome.

Who names a knife model, "Blakiston's Fish Owl"? I looked up the derivation of that name.
The species is considered to be the world's largest owl, and it is a native species in Japan.
Like the knife, it has black plumage. Hence, the link to the knife.
Additionally, my understanding is that originally this model was only intended to be sold in Japan, ie "native species". So that's another link between them.
For comparison purposes, I borrowed one of Mike's pics and I borrowed a pic from a site devoted to owls.
(@knifeswapper hope you don't mind.)
https://www.owlpages.com/owls/species.php?i=356

View attachment 1249220

blakistons_fish_owl_aa-1.jpg

V3ruXBV.jpg

GxBPjfI.jpg

I also picked up a Moki Blackiston Fish Owl recently (the larger version). I was expecting high quality because of the testimony I had heard about it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how light it is!

I was that impressed with the A. Wright and Son Lambsfoot that arrived yesterday that I ordered this within a couple of hours of unwrapping it.
I remember being given one identical, but branded Rogers and very well used
, to sharpen for someone when I was about 16, I liked it and always had it in mind to get one someday, so...

2nBNGyo.jpg

zWloNUA.jpg

Just as pleased with it as I am with the Lambsfoot even though they are both a fraction of the cost of some of my collection.
Hand crafted in Sheffield and proof they can do it well when they want to.

Just received this A. Wright lambfoot from across the pond. I’m excited to put it to use. I’ve been very interested to try this blade shape and decided it was time to pull the trigger. The fit and finish are pretty nice and the blade came decently sharp. VERY strong pulls, I’d put it at about a 9!! My one complaint is the centering is pretty poor. Other than that it’s lookin good in my book.
3C052B5B-273A-497D-AF26-B1CB70E7F40E.jpeg 532B0FA2-B2CE-45D1-9CC6-E764E1950895.jpeg

Back