Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I stopped by Cabelas this afternoon just to browse around a bit... I was looking for a Buck 303 Cadet, which they did not have. While looking through the drawer full of knives not out on display, the sales guy mentioned "this one is a whittler". I didn't know buck made a whittler.... it ended up following me home. It's not a bad looking little knife... a 310, black sawcut delrin, made in USA. Main is a clip, with a pen and coping for secondaries. It is a 3 full spring knife. All in all it is a very nice, tidy little whittler.
It also came with a cute little wooden box with a sliding lid to keep it in...

iwxeoq.jpg
iwxSBD.jpg

iwxv8A.jpg
That's a very cool little knife. :cool::thumbsup:

That's a very cool little knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks... I think I'm going to enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it's the 420HC steel that Buck uses, which is probably every bit as good as the Case TruSharp, which works very well for me.
I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with a Buck knife... and I really like their mission statement/policy.

I just ordered their Buck Solitaire. I'm excited to try their larger single blade pattern.
I had to goober it... that is a nicely large knife... perhaps not quite as large as the Case full size trapper. I find that knife just teetering on the edge of "too big", even though it feels good... substantial.. in hand. I bet the Buck will be a winner. Keep us posted on your impressions of it..

I'm picking up a Ramsfoot micarta and will be trying my hand at reprofiling it into a large lambsfoot. I have a couple of cheap china-made rope knives on the way to practice before hand. I may end up buying a round file and a smaller file in case I need to make an EO notch.

I never had a Swiss Army or Scout knife growing up in the 70’s and early 80’s. I think my dad thought they were too gimmicky. We had Case knives, Old Timers, Imperial jack knives, Queen Barlows, Buck stockman knives, and probably some others I don’t remember.

Anyway this Antonini electrician’s knife I just bought is the closest I have come to owning a cigar-shaped multipurpose type of thing. Under 15 bucks including shipping, new in its blister pack.
GKhuHRQ.jpg

K50rGcO.jpg

Bnaemeb.jpg

nkBz7em.jpg

8DeTmJF.jpg

MyrixU1.jpg

Boss and her husband has been out of town over the weekend, they came home earlier and she gave me this. Apparently stopped at a pawn shop just to try to find one I'd like. Well I'm dang happy with it! My first mini trapper.

Hillbilly, that is a standard Case pattern that was from a selection Case made up for the Tractor Supply Co chain. Used to see them in a display case at TSC, all had the same exclusive shield and handles - I think that special run is over as they were discounting them for clearance a couple of years ago. Very similar to what Case did with Lowes about twenty years ago - the jigged blue bone with block shield was a Lowes exclusive for a few years.

Thanks... I think I'm going to enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it's the 420HC steel that Buck uses, which is probably every bit as good as the Case TruSharp, which works very well for me.
I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with a Buck knife... and I really like their mission statement/policy.
The Buck Knives 310 Whittler has been a special run for Bass Pro Shop for several years, I think Buck has dropped them out of their regular dealer catalog. Now that BPS owns Cabela’s I guess you can buy them there too (I wonder if they are still being made or if this is NOS?).

Nice special run knives gents! OH

I never had a Swiss Army or Scout knife growing up in the 70’s and early 80’s. I think my dad thought they were too gimmicky. We had Case knives, Old Timers, Imperial jack knives, Queen Barlows, Buck stockman knives, and probably some others I don’t remember.

Anyway this Antonini electrician’s knife I just bought is the closest I have come to owning a cigar-shaped multipurpose type of thing. Under 15 bucks including shipping, new in its blister pack.
GKhuHRQ.jpg

K50rGcO.jpg

Bnaemeb.jpg

nkBz7em.jpg
Very cool knife.... a little pricey, though....:rolleyes: :D

GKhuHRQ.jpg

K50rGcO.jpg

Bnaemeb.jpg

nkBz7em.jpg
I just ordered one of these. I'm so suggestible :rolleyes: :oops: o_O :p

I like stockman knives with punches. I have a small collection of various brands started. I aquired all three of these this week. Two (count 'em two) Buck 319's and one Schrade H889. All of them are in decent shape with little to no blade play, decent snap and no real wear on the blades. They could use a good cleaning. They're all decent knives.
BuckSchradePunch-1.JPG BuckSchradePunch-3.JPG

Back