Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Today I received this dark red rogers bone camillus 69 slender 4'' stockman. Cost 20 bucks. I think it was worth buying. These are very similar to a schrade 861/61OT.

IMG_6615.JPG IMG_6616.JPG

My favorite coined liners are the ones like this that camillus did. A noticeable classy touch without having too much going on. Perfect.

IMG_6617.JPG
IMG_6618.JPG

Today I received this dark red rogers bone camillus 69 slender 4'' stockman. Cost 20 bucks. I think it was worth buying. These are very similar to a schrade 861/61OT.

View attachment 1267141 View attachment 1267142

My favorite coined liners are the ones like this that camillus did. A noticeable classy touch without having too much going on. Perfect.

View attachment 1267143
View attachment 1267144

Paul, I haven’t seen the pattern they used on the liner to separate the back of the springs before. Interesting.

I know these aren't highly collectible (except by me) but there's something about the minimalism of the wire jacks that appeals to me. This Boy Scout chow kit originally sold for $1. Considering it's intended purpose they hold up well. I found this one on the auction site for about the price of lunch. A good scrubbing with soap and water and a little vaseline to soften up the leather brought it back to life. The leather is in excellent shape with a good snap and stitching. As you can see the knife, fork, and spoon are in excellent shape. Of course the fork has the mixed patent date of 1-72-42, as most due.IMG_2113-897x674.JPG

I never had a Swiss Army or Scout knife growing up in the 70’s and early 80’s. I think my dad thought they were too gimmicky. We had Case knives, Old Timers, Imperial jack knives, Queen Barlows, Buck stockman knives, and probably some others I don’t remember.

Anyway this Antonini electrician’s knife I just bought is the closest I have come to owning a cigar-shaped multipurpose type of thing. Under 15 bucks including shipping, new in its blister pack.
GKhuHRQ.jpg

K50rGcO.jpg

Bnaemeb.jpg

nkBz7em.jpg

That is a cool purpose built work knife, cheap, tough, and well designed.
What makes it inexpensive to produce: the shadow construction with birdseye pivot pins, and wood handles, also makes the knife look so attractive to me. The spear, punch, and screwdiver/wire stripper, together make for a versatile and very useful combination for a pocket knife.
And I like the size at three and fifteen sixteenths. I`m going to have to find a couple. Has this model been discontinued?

P.S. the dye job you did, looks great!

edited to add: perhaps not as cheap as I had hoped.

Last edited:
My newest addition? The red jigged bone 62 Easy Pocket Congress... How does it look? I DON'T KNOW! It was delivered today, and I'm 340 miles away....:(

Pics on Sunday....

I know these aren't highly collectible (except by me) but there's something about the minimalism of the wire jacks that appeals to me. This Boy Scout chow kit originally sold for $1. Considering it's intended purpose they hold up well. I found this one on the auction site for about the price of lunch. A good scrubbing with soap and water and a little vaseline to soften up the leather brought it back to life. The leather is in excellent shape with a good snap and stitching. As you can see the knife, fork, and spoon are in excellent shape. Of course the fork has the mixed patent date of 1-72-42, as most due.View attachment 1267231
That's really unique :thumbsup:

That is a cool purpose built work knife, cheap, tough, and well designed.
What makes it inexpensive to produce: the shadow construction with birdseye pivot pins, and wood handles, also makes the knife look so attractive to me. The spear, punch, and screwdiver/wire stripper, together make for a versatile and very useful combination for a pocket knife.
And I like the size at three and fifteen sixteenths. I`m going to have to find a couple. Has this model been discontinued?

P.S. the dye job you did, looks great!

edited to add: perhaps not as cheap as I had hoped.
The seller on the big shopping site also has his own website specializing in Italian knives and tools. He still has it listed there but out of stock. The official Antonini website still shows it as being available, but you have to be a dealer to order from them. The price is still under ten bucks, the problem will be finding it. Maybe if the online reseller thinks he will be able to sell them he will order more.

View attachment 1267141 View attachment 1267142

View attachment 1267143
View attachment 1267144
Paul, that knife is a gem !!! I have a Keen Kutter that is quite beat up, just like it. I have looked for another for years. (Not fishing, don't offer, just excited for you ) Found a few but always out bid. What a find !!! Congrats :eek::p:D

6385596135_ed0f806a14_b.jpg

Paul, I haven’t seen the pattern they used on the liner to separate the back of the springs before. Interesting.

Nice Paul:cool:

Paul, that knife is a gem !!! I have a Keen Kutter that is quite beat up, just like it. I have looked for another for years. (Not fishing, don't offer, just excited for you ) Found a few but always out bid. What a find !!! Congrats :eek::p:D

6385596135_ed0f806a14_b.jpg

Thanks guys!

Gev that's a nice high character keen kutter. :)

This is one of the two Case baby Butterbeans I recently acquired... plain white bone, no shield. The other (no pic) is a hunter green jigged bone.
These are cute little knives. Both are very nicely made, no noticeable flaws, but both needed to be flushed out a little bit to smooth them up.

iyBN5x.jpg
iyBDvk.jpg

iyBfEH.jpg

I'm totally blaming Gary for this, due to him and his Coffin Jack :p

I've been resisting this one for a few years. Case's wharncliffe Mini Trappers scratched that itch for a while, but never quite all the way... Had a convergence of available money and available stock, so finally pulled the trigger and it arrived today!

52KCBHN.jpg

Oh my! This is gorgeous, and almost worth the indecision and waiting.

I haven't had a Case/Bose in the collection since moving on a Cattle Knife and Norfolk, and it's nice to have one again.

I'm totally blaming Gary for this, due to him and his Coffin Jack :p

I've been resisting this one for a few years. Case's wharncliffe Mini Trappers scratched that itch for a while, but never quite all the way... Had a convergence of available money and available stock, so finally pulled the trigger and it arrived today!

52KCBHN.jpg

Oh my! This is gorgeous, and almost worth the indecision and waiting.

I haven't had a Case/Bose in the collection since moving on a Cattle Knife and Norfolk, and it's nice to have one again.
Oh boy that's nice, Mike! I think that particular jigged bone is my favorite. Congrats!

And my first Buck 303. It’s seen some use, but looks like it did more sitting than being used.
That's a nice one, Camillus made, I believe. :thumbsup:

This odd little one came in the mail yesterday.
7RU8043.jpg

k0uaOul.jpg

A few years ago, CRKT put out some little art deco styled slipjoints designed by Ken Steigerwalt. I bought the 'Daedalus' model, with pinned MOP inlay, but waited on the 'Art Deco'. I finally gave in and ordered one, even though I'm not sure how useful that blade shape would be.
eExVI1j.jpg

Back