Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I didn't take any pics. Forgot my camera and my phone is a, um, flip phone :eek:
This pic is from the Cripple Creek thread here on BF. The one at the show looked just like this. I don't think Cargill made more than a handful of these, so it might be the same knife. Definitely not a pocket knife (unless one has really big pockets).
View attachment 1272872
Yep, that's the one I saw!:thumbsup:

I made it to St. Louis today for the Gateway show. The highlight for me was seeing one of Bob Cargill's barrel knives. What a beautiful work of art. The craftsmanship is stunning in person. It was worth the drive just for that. I had only ever seen pics on the internet. Really a treat :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

The gentleman that had it also had several very nice Cripple Creeks. He was playing out of my weight class price wise, but I liked seeing them. He had one that wasn't a Cripple Creek, but that Bob had made for him in 2016. Good to know Bob is still making a knife here and there.

I was very surprised that I didn't see a single GEC. I'm sure I missed a couple, but considering how many traditionals were there I would have thought there would be at least a few GEC's.

I didn't buy anything fancy. Did sell a knife though. Here's what I bought. It was a Schrade kind of day:
View attachment 1272803
Old Timer 33OT new in the box, 1984 Schrade Heritage 8341 stockman with bone handles, Schrade Heritage H834 with maroon Delrin and brass bolsters and a Buck 302.
It was my first knife show. Won't be my last.

Glad you made it Mike, looks like you found some beauties!

F. Hartkopf, arrived this morning.

Zdar00t.jpg

CBETml5.jpg

I went to the St. Louis show as well (actually went both days :rolleyes: ). My biggest purchase was a modern knife (Sebenza) but, I did manage to come across a couple of SAK's that I brought home as well. A good condition Old Cross Pioneer (box and all) and a Lefty Wenger (a good fit for all of us that are in our right mind :)):
fuH3Aw3.jpg

My monthly National Geographic volume arrived today, accompanied by a nice little knife I had been wanting to try.
Case 2019 spearpoint single blade Barlow.
ITp1rGi.jpg

Some small gaps here and there, and the blade rubs the liner a bit. The bone meets the bolsters very nicely though, and there's no play whatsoever. Loving the color too.

I am as excited about this new acquisition as I have been about any knife for a long, long time. I found this on the secondary market, without tube, so I had to do a little research to figure out what it is. And undoubtedly, it is a 1 of only 6 made #421113LB in copperhead jig bone.

7rjsizz.jpg

WKHQ7yt.jpg

It does have a few very light handling marks, but has a beautiful action, solid lockup with no play, and the blade is perfectly centered. And as a further plus, I really like the Orleans shield. Yeah, baby . . . :D

I am as excited about this new acquisition as I have been about any knife for a long, long time. I found this on the secondary market, without tube, so I had to do a little research to figure out what it is. And undoubtedly, it is a 1 of only 6 made #421113LB in copperhead jig bone.

7rjsizz.jpg

WKHQ7yt.jpg

It does have a few very light handling marks, but has a beautiful action, solid lockup with no play, and the blade is perfectly centered. And as a further plus, I really like the Orleans shield. Yeah, baby . . . :D
Very special!

7rjsizz.jpg

WKHQ7yt.jpg

Awesome knife Jeff.

I have that model in blood red bone with the un-x-ld shield. One of my favorite gec's and my favorite lockback. They just flat look good.

Thanks, Paul, it is a great design, and just enough bigger than the #72 to make a real difference, without going up to the jumbo #23.

7rjsizz.jpg

WKHQ7yt.jpg

Very pretty knife, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup:

Back