Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I had a couple more 34OT's come in today. :rolleyes:

The older NY stamped one is the better of the two and has better snap, in addition to the very cool safety stamp in the handle. The newer one is a good example as well, with the snap just a tad on the light side. I think 34OT's are the most common schrade pattern to find in great shape for really cheap; these ones cost fairly well under $20 a piece. There's no reason to not have one if you are a knife knut.

IMG_6895.JPG IMG_6896.JPG

The older NY stamped one is the better of the two and has better snap, in addition to the very cool safety stamp in the handle. The newer one is a good example as well, with the snap just a tad on the light side. I think 34OT's are the most common schrade pattern to find in great shape for really cheap; these ones cost fairly well under $20 a piece. There's no reason to not have one if you are a knife knut.

View attachment 1277496 View attachment 1277497

Paul, to me the 34OT was always a great compromise if you always needed a knife for work but didn’t want, or like something bigger. Until I lost mine in the Marines, it traveled everywhere with me from either 14 or 15 to 20 years of age. I used the heck out of it on anything that needed cutting, scraping, gouging, and even tightening a few flathead screws with the sheepsfoot.

img_6895-jpg.1277496
img_6896-jpg.1277497
Sweet! Same as my 340T! Mine user is more than 40 years old. Mine has a NORPAC log on the other side - North Pacific Paper Company.

XtYcvF8.jpg

I got this Case Sowbelly in stag, CV steel. I believe it's a 2012... used, but in very good condition. I changed the profile of the sheepfoot just a little bit, and lowered the kick. Now it is a much more comfortable knife to hold. I think I'm going to like it just fine....

j24ZyM.jpg
j241Ue.jpg

j24t7a.jpg
j24rTQ.jpg

My latest... a pristine Schrade Walden 293 trapper with delrin handles. This thing looks and feels brand new. I'm not any kind of expert on Schrades, but brief research leads me to think it's from the mid 70's? The shield is blank, and the tang stamp is the "large" type. In any event, it's a very nicely made knife... no gaps, etc... thanks to colubrid on the exchange...

j2vjx3.jpg
j2viSF.jpg

j2vWJr.jpg

My latest... a pristine Schrade Walden 293 trapper with delrin handles. This thing looks and feels brand new. I'm not any kind of expert on Schrades, but brief research leads me to think it's from the mid 70's? The shield is blank, and the tang stamp is the "large" type. In any event, it's a very nicely made knife... no gaps, etc... thanks to colubrid on the exchange...

j2vjx3.jpg
j2viSF.jpg

j2vWJr.jpg

It's in the range of 1961-1973, '73 being when they changed the name from schrade walden to imperial schrade (the knives were just stamped schrade after that).

Back