Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

It's in the range of 1961-1973, '73 being when they changed the name from schrade walden to imperial schrade (the knives were just stamped schrade after that).
oh, wow.... thanks for that. A little older than I thought. I'm amazed at how "new" it looks. I know they made a boat-load of these, but to find one this nice is a pleasant surprise for me.

iH6P8V8.jpg

I received a new Old Hickory boning knife today. Weighs 116g, but I am dissapointed that the blade thickness is less than advertised at 2.1mm. I bought it as a poor man's Svord Pig Sticker. Not sure how the flex in the 6" blade would detract from it's Mountain Lion stabbing capabilities, as I've never stabbed anything.

Went to a gun show today. Picked up a Colonel Coon. My first. Its obviously not an original Tennessee Knife Works, but rather after the name had been bought. I know very little about CC's, I think it was made by Queen. I don't think its a Bear. If anybody had any other info or a better idea of who made it, I'd appreciate the input.

Excellent fit, finish, and snap. Blades tight. Feels well made. The curly maple is very sharp. It was the handles that first caught my attention.
3.5" closed.
Coon1.JPG
Also picked up a Cripple Creek trapper. Looks unused. Made in 1986.
CCTrapper1.JPG
CCTrapper2.JPG

Mike, the CC is definitely Queen built, I think in the early 2000s, so when Bill Howard was still at Queen. Looks like a beauty!

Here's my newest Alan Davis that I will be toting for a long time. The dark jigged bone covers sport antiqued copper bolsters and shield, along with copper pins. Alan made the 2.675" blade from some of Del Ealy's random pattern Damascus.

dlaZ4Nr.jpg

Here's my newest Alan Davis that I will be toting for a long time. The dark jigged bone covers sport antiqued copper bolsters and shield, along with copper pins. Alan made the 2.675" blade from some of Del Ealy's random pattern Damascus.

dlaZ4Nr.jpg
That opened my eyes on this Sunday morning.

That opened my eyes on this Sunday morning.

Thanks Alan .... truth be told .... I can't keep my eyes off it!!! This is the first he's made with antiqued copper bolsters and shield like this. His previous one (though was a bit too large for me) had antiqued bronze bolsters and shield. That was also a first.

Back