Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I've been steering away from carbon steel lately. The Pemberton was an impulse buy as I couldn't resist the blue color but I've been wanting a blue Alox Solo for more than year.
IMG_5299.JPG
I was hesitant to buy the Solo because I didn't know what the LCSAS logo meant. A friend advised me that it means: "les couteaux du soldat de l'armee Suisse," which means "the knives of soldiers in the Swiss army." I'm okay with that so I bought it.
IMG_5301.JPG

Small Colonial:
IObKETMl.jpg

Ipaya:
T9OOFpQl.jpg

Wow, some real stunners on this thread lately!

Couple arrivals this week from across the pond :)

Large Lambsfoot in ebony yesterday, and 9cm Forge de Laguiole in pistachio this afternoon.

2xhvsVk.jpg

ZomlyQO.jpg
Beautiful :thumbsup:

A couple of weeks ago I got a message from Mike @Crazy Canuck asking for my address. Said he had something to send me, and not to ask questions. I didn't argue with that. Today I got the package from up north and wow! He sent me a case sowbelly stockman in cv and chestnut bone, a knife I've been looking for and had in my signature line for quite a while (but no longer!). He also sent a very cool canadian coin. Mike, you are awesome and this is deeply appreciated.

This knife won't be living in a roll. I put it right in my pocket after dropping the kick on the sheepsfoot a little. It's a dandy of an example and I think it will be a regular from now on. Quite a looker too. :)

View attachment 1288223 View attachment 1288224
Wow, a fantastic surprise, I'm sure. Beautiful bone.
Canadians are good folk :)

Nice mail call today...

View media item 8124

Those are stunning. Congrats :thumbsup:

Winchester 1927 large lockback trapper 5 3/8" (1978 by Queen):
The shape of that blade is almost the same as one I have coming in the mail today.

SI43lxw.jpg

gte96GF.jpg

Edited to note that the splotches on the blade and bolsters are reflections of overhead trees. Luckily, the knife is clean and unscratched.
- Stuart
Click to see the blade I compared it to.

Would like to post some pix of DLT's 62 in DI that I ordered some time ago. However, the Customs here has had it since 17th Feb and despite me paying the tax online they still haven't released it to the PO for delivery, rage!:mad: 10 years ago before all this digitalisation, knives took 3-6 days from the US and if they were stopped at Customs you could go to your local branch and pay the ransom, a vanished age, now it's all centralised in Helsinki, 450 kms away:eek:

Reactions: 315
Back