Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

This early Buck Creek 3 3/4" Stag Copperhead fell out of my mail box about and hour ago. Both the Mark Side and Pile Side Stag covers are very nice - well figured with a nice amount of popcorn. The bolsters are nickel silver and are ringed. The shield is pinned. The fit and finish is first rate with no gaps, chips, cracks, drips, runs, or errors.

2nOoaR8.jpg

50AtUHV.jpg

3XsI47D.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the small Texas Jack, but wished it was a bit larger. Went hunting, and found a 1973 Texas Jack which arrived today. Photos with little brother for size reference.

eAjsZRQ.jpg

AKiXswG.jpg

Excited to get this one in the pocket!

My newest addition is a GEC CC SFO Black Jack. Bought on the Exchange from Snodgrass...Thanks Chris! I have owned 2 of these fine pieces and regrettably sold them. Don't ask me why. Glad to have had a chance at another. Photo was taken by Snodgrass as I am awaiting arrival of the knife.

Harry, not sure of the exact dates but I think 89-93 would cover it, I don't think the boxes have any dotcom internet age stuff on them so that can be a clue. Böker Germany, I suspect made them as they're similar but better finished than their usual line. Blades are nice and thin, very snappy and tight backs-springs on my one anyway.

Regards, Will

I received this Schatt & Morgan Ebony Heritage Jack from @matt2silver last week and I've been very impressed with the quality. 1095 steel, Ebony, and Norway steel bolsters. Pretty great little knife.

fxF058t.jpg

GdkBwQC.jpg

And this beauty just came in today! It's a Hess Knifeworks Tiburon. It features a 1095 blade from Great Eastern Cutlery, an aluminum and brass pommel, and a stabilized redwood burl handle. Gorgeous!

BOS2JxE.jpg

vFUQRYi.jpg

VqzWPsk.jpg

Fixall Fixall The Heritage series are nice looking but the F&F can be rather hit & miss, I've the one you show, Coco Spear , Woodsman 3 blade and 2 blade Jack (which is very good but quite thick & bulky for a smaller knife) An interesting series though :thumbsup:

Hess knives always seem to hit the mark:cool: Not too costly but very good finish, very pleased with the small Caper in burl I have. Hope a small concern like theirs are going to weather this eternal shutdown:confused:

Thanks, Will

Fixall Fixall The Heritage series are nice looking but the F&F can be rather hit & miss, I've the one you show, Coco Spear , Woodsman 3 blade and 2 blade Jack (which is very good but quite thick & bulky for a smaller knife) An interesting series though :thumbsup:

Hess knives always seem to hit the mark:cool: Not too costly but very good finish, very pleased with the small Caper in burl I have. Hope a small concern like theirs are going to weather this eternal shutdown:confused:

Thanks, Will

That unfortunately seems to be the case with a lot of S&M knives. This is only the third I've owned, but it's going to be the first that sticks around. I wasn't too excited about the fit and finish of the previous S&Ms I've owned. They did a pretty great job on this particular specimen though. :D

You know, I am a little shocked that Hess Knives aren't much more popular. I wasn't expecting such a well done handle for the price. I mean heck, just a decent looking stabilized redwood burl block can easily cost $30... Add some awesome 1095 from GEC and it's just an all around winner!

Last edited:
I bet you're gonna like that one... I have one in snakewood, and it's a winner. Interesting, very usable blade shape, in a great steel. I like the red...
I think so too. It came super sharp. As sharp as any knife I've bought new. F&F is perfect. I've had a Benchmade 940 for a long time and the blade shape is very close. I'm sure there are others, but the Bolus and the 940 are the only ones I can think of with an otnat blade shape.

I went back and forth between snakewood, red micarta and rams horn. Read all the posts and looked at all the pictures, including yours :thumbsup:

I first eliminated rams horn, because of its variability and because I was afraid it would be, "too pretty to carry". I've done that before :rolleyes:

Then I waffled between the snake and the red. Finally decided on the red since it was cheaper and I couldn't make up my mind. This was one case where it would have been helpful to be able to see them in person. Suffice to say, I'm very satisfied.

I haven't used it for anything yet, but I really like this knife. Its my first Lionsteel. I'm impressed. CK provided fast service as always. Hope they survive the current situation.

Here's another pic, just because I'm so tickled by it :D
DSCN1134.JPG

I received this Schatt & Morgan Ebony Heritage Jack from @matt2silver last week and I've been very impressed with the quality. 1095 steel, Ebony, and Norway steel bolsters. Pretty great little knife.

fxF058t.jpg

GdkBwQC.jpg

And this beauty just came in today! It's a Hess Knifeworks Tiburon. It features a 1095 blade from Great Eastern Cutlery, an aluminum and brass pommel, and a stabilized redwood burl handle. Gorgeous!

BOS2JxE.jpg

vFUQRYi.jpg

VqzWPsk.jpg

Both of those knives are simply outstanding! That fixed blade is really something else. Just wow.

Arrived today. Bolus otnat from Collector Knives.
View attachment 1312485

Gorgeous with those red covers, not to mention every Lionsteel slippy I've handled has been without issue as far as I can tell. The pulls are a tad light, but that's really the only thing I could say against any of them. I like the bladeshape of yours.

This just came in from an Aussy modder. Started life as a Compact. Now dressed out in titanium liners and scales. Inlaid copper cross is stunning. Two layers; nice feel in the pocket and in the hand. The quality is remarkable. I may remove the clip (came with everything to do that) but so far I think that I like it.). Definitely not as bulky (or heavy duty) as the PioneerX but very utilitarian none the less. I have plans for the parcel hook (more on that later).
IMG_2252.JPG IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2255.JPG

Back