Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

This Schrade 162 Wolverine came in yesterday's mail. It was manufactured in the 1982 - 1985 time frame, has Staglong Handles, and 440A blade steel. It was in pretty rough shape when it arrived. Heavy verdigris and the Staglon Handles were faded. I cleaned it up - not a detail cleaning but just enough to make it presentable and cleaned the sheath too.

As it arrived.
saBF5uV.jpg

Cleaned up and presentable.
rd6OMHY.jpg

KgcWkNI.jpg

9qQPUNH.jpg

This Schrade 162 Wolverine came in yesterday's mail. It was manufactured in the 1982 - 1985 time frame, has Staglong Handles, and 440A blade steel. It was in pretty rough shape when it arrived. Heavy verdigris and the Staglon Handles were faded. I cleaned it up - not a detail cleaning but just enough to make it presentable and cleaned the sheath too.

As it arrived.
saBF5uV.jpg

Cleaned up and presentable.
rd6OMHY.jpg

KgcWkNI.jpg

9qQPUNH.jpg
Very nice!

Just got this. Still had the greasy plastic sleeve. I like these H-15's.
Sorry for indoor picture. Raining out.
A9v7Pxa.jpg

Very nice.

My Wolvrine had been squirreled away in it's sheath for over 30-years.

black mamba black mamba - There are still very good bargains to be had out there for Schrade knives - even for knives that are mint or close to it.

I can blame Mike @Crazy Canuck for this one.
He told me where to purchase one after I kept drooling all over the pics he posted of his.
Really good F&F, centered blades, wonderful action, and it just looks way cool with the jigged wood handles.
Those are really good looking :cool: I have liked seeing Mike's, too.
Being bare-headed works well with that material (what kinda wood?)
Makes me wanna try jigging some wood :)

Those are really good looking :cool: I have liked seeing Mike's, too.
Being bare-headed works well with that material (what kinda wood?)
Makes me wanna try jigging some wood :)
Barehead Wood... It just reminds me of a "real" trapper. ;)
It is jigged Rosewood. I really like the darker finish with the lighter jigging.

Barehead Wood... It just reminds me of a "real" trapper. ;)
It is jigged Rosewood. I really like the darker finish with the lighter jigging.
Thanks, really beautiful.
Makes me wanna get my Dremel out and try my hand with some scrap wood. I've realized that texture is something I really like in a knife handle.

Back