Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just got home and found this in the mail. 1989 Winchester yellowboy sowbelly stockman with fantastic bone covers, Queen Cutlery made I believe.
Extremely pleased with this one, smooth pulls and blade action with no half stops. Very nice fit and finish and the bone just glows. Transitions from scales to bolsters, plus shield can't even be felt while running fingers over them. Happy buyer!:)View attachment 1336057View attachment 1336058

Just got home and found this in the mail. 1989 Winchester yellowboy sowbelly stockman with fantastic bone covers, Queen Cutlery made I believe.
Extremely pleased with this one, smooth pulls and blade action with no half stops. Very nice fit and finish and the bone just glows. Transitions from scales to bolsters, plus shield can't even be felt while running fingers over them. Happy buyer!:)View attachment 1336057View attachment 1336058

The shape of that clip blade is fantastic, if not to say sexy!

:thumbsup:
2Emuw9m.jpg

It just arrived today, so it is my newest ... until Monday or so anyway, when the two (BTI) Old Timers are scheduled to arrive ...
It is a "traditional" knife, though I'll admit few here would pick it as their first choice for EDC ... except maybe for work.

Stanley 10-499. This one is high vis. yellow (unexpected) rather than the standard "Where the heck did I set it down?" silver/gray.

This one arrived on Saturday, while we were out of town....
I really enjoy the Case 06247pen knives that I grabbed off the bay, other than the very strong pulls... they are single spring, opposite end blades, slim and very handy. I did not know that Case made a little brother to it.... enter the 06244.... this one is in brown delrin, not bone, but it is a 1974 in unused condition. It's odd that the spring on this one would almost be considered "light", compared to its big brother. This one is probably a 5 on the main, and maybe a 6 on the secondary. I expect they will loosen a little, with use. I included a couple of pics with the two sizes together for comparison.

jmIxLA.jpg
jmIw9q.jpg

jmIyGM.jpg
jmIGkQ.jpg

1971 Camillus 301 ( I know I know ) doesn’t look like much to someone that isn’t freaking obsessed with them...View attachment 1339255

But when you specialize ( I call it specialize my wife calls it obsessed) in a model/ pattern you learn where to look for wear and tear because you know how they age. This one was listed as good used condition but I had a feeling...and it paid off again. Blades unused, bolsters scratch free just tarnish, Well spotless and joints still sporting the factory oil. View attachment 1339258 View attachment 1339257View attachment 1339256View attachment 1339259

Last edited:
Wow, this thing is a tank!!! Got a smoking hot deal on this due to minor blade play.... expected with some lock backs...love the jigging on this knife. It's definitely not a basketball short or pajama pants knife :D:D:D....gonna be an amazing user!:cool::cool::cool:
View attachment 1331775
Looking for some info on the blade steel? I'm guessing a stainless. On the shield it says 925 SS.
I could be wrong, but the 925SS probably stands for .925 Sterling Silver, which, I'm guessing the shield is.
I think this is the same knife as my Queen... and it is in D2 steel. It would be interesting to know if they were the same knife, just labeled differently.

jR0wOe.jpg

Hornetguy, Taylor's S&M is the same knife as yours, a #3L, but from series XIII of the Keystone series, made in 2003. Blade steel is 420HC stainless. Only the Queen branded knives had D2 tool steel before the DFC buyout; after that just about anything is possible. @tmd_87
Ok... that makes sense. I bet the S&M version would be easier to sharpen.... that D2 is HARD... I don't know what Queen hardened it to, but it was really tough to put an edge on it. And that was on a diamond stone.

Well ... the (no blade lock) MAM sheepsfoot friction folder arrived today. :D

If the blade stamp is correct, they sent the wrong one. :( The one I ordered should not say "INOX"

Other than that minor detail, it seems O.K....
Nice and sharp, feels a wee bit better in hand than my Opinel Number 8, for example. (The Opinel is the only other friction folder (lock ring be daRned; it is still a friction folder, especially if you don't use the lock ring) that I have.

I think it'll work for what I need ... even if the (shorter) sheepsfoot blade on one of my stockmans could do the job.

Last edited:
Back