Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I got this one in the mail this weekend. G. Butler & Co Sheffield, Lamb Foot Knife :)

49984810847_a01c8c2a13_o.jpg

49984810787_ccdb59e7a2_o.jpg

49984810752_63399b96a8_o.jpg

49984552541_76874ef23f_o.jpg

First of all I'm glad to be posting on page #714. Baseball fans will understand. This knife was supposed to be a surprise Father's Day present but my stepson spilled the beans. It's a 4" black micarta slipjoint from Nicholl Knives. It's got a turquoise inlay. It's linerless which makes it nice and light. The AEBL steel blade is stone washed and very sharp. It came in a nice hard plastic case. The same as a pistol case. Overall, Tony did an excellent job on this.IMG_3465_copy_1024x800.jpg

Last edited:
First of all I'm glad to be posting on page #714. Baseball fans will understand. This knife was supposed to be a surprise Father's Day present but my stepson spilled the beans. It's a 4" black micarta slipjoint from Nicholl Knives. It's got a turquoise inlay. It's linerless which makes it nice and light. The AEBL steel blade is stone washed and very sharp. It came in a nice hard plastic case. The same as a pistol case. Overall, Tony did an excellent job on this.View attachment 1355076
Ruth is still the Greatest in my book.
Awesome knife! :cool::thumbsup:

This purple teardrop came in the mail today.

teardrop2.jpg teardrop3.jpg teardrop4.jpg

This is a Bose-Case collaboration. With a certain humility and precision, Tony Bose describes it as originally an old English knife design for sharpening quill pens. The handles on this model are a synthetic purple material.

Last edited:
I hope this is not too modern.
I never heard much about Joker company and thought they only make cheap balisongs and Counter Strike replicas. It was a surprise find.
I recently went to check if my local store got a new shipment after reopening and this one quickly got my attention with micarta for inexpensive price. Very nice knife overall, no blade play, centered, good factory edge. No gap between micarta and G10. And the pins can't be felt at all. Better than any Case or RR that I have.

i got this one in the mail yesterday. I'm still rubbing on it with mineral oil but I figured I would go ahead and show it here! It's a Humphreys Radiant from Sheffield. I believe it is what they called a Pit Belt Knife. Still doing research. It is an advertising knife for a company called Hayden Nilos which made conveyor belts for mining operations. I bought it because I have a Lambsfoot made by Humphreys Radiant and you really don't see that many knives made by the company. This one is a very tight and solid old knife. The blade is rough, but it still has a lot of life left in it. I think the handles are very nice and will rub up to display even more character after I have removed some of the dirt. :) :thumbsup:

49991638277_fd3f8eba2d_c.jpg

49990873093_e2e679e90a_c.jpg

49991638377_dd889ded8c_c.jpg

49991638337_8e3de45575_c.jpg

i got this one in the mail yesterday. I'm still rubbing on it with mineral oil but I figured I would go ahead and show it here! It's a Humphreys Radiant from Sheffield. I believe it is what they called a Pit Belt Knife. Still doing research. It is an advertising knife for a company called Hayden Nilos which made conveyor belts for mining operations. I bought it because I have a Lambsfoot made by Humphreys Radiant and you really don't see that many knives made by the company. This one is a very tight and solid old knife. The blade is rough, but it still has a lot of life left in it. I think the handles are very nice and will rub up to display even more character after I have removed some of the dirt. :) :thumbsup:

49991638277_fd3f8eba2d_c.jpg

49990873093_e2e679e90a_c.jpg

49991638377_dd889ded8c_c.jpg

49991638337_8e3de45575_c.jpg
Very Fine looking old knife my friend . Does it say Sheffield on the Tang ? The Blade has a Unique sharpening pattern to it I think . This makes another fine one that you could carry and use every day . What number does this one make ??? 57 or 58 ????

Harry

Very Fine looking old knife my friend . Does it say Sheffield on the Tang ? The Blade has a Unique sharpening pattern to it I think . This makes another fine one that you could carry and use every day . What number does this one make ??? 57 or 58 ????

Harry
Thanks Harry! It’s a solid old knife. I thought it was cool because of the bail. Like my Humphreys Radiant Lambsfoot I think this is a very well made knife. It does say Sheffield on the tang. It’s partially hidden by the bolster but I can clearly make out the ELD below the Radiant. The tang stamp is actually in great shape. The blade does have a different grind to the edge on the front side. I don’t know if it was made that way to cut the tough belts easier or if it was a poorly attempted sharpening job by a previous owner. I’m leaning towards the latter. Either way I’m going to make it sharp and use it. What number you ask!!!! Who’s counting???? ;) :D

Back