Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

No jigged bone handles to share, merely Nylon scales on a Victorinox Camper. Pristine with factory oil still on it...

77632-B1-D-B79-D-447-E-9521-66-B3208328-AB.jpg

Decided I got that one for such a great price I’d look for another, instead I found two for a very, very good price. Both like new. What I’ll do with 3, I haven’t a clue but that hasn’t stopped me yet:confused:

5-F9-A453-A-99-E6-482-B-AF3-D-A07-ACB004-EBC.jpg

No jigged bone handles to share, merely Nylon scales on a Victorinox Camper. Pristine with factory oil still on it...

77632-B1-D-B79-D-447-E-9521-66-B3208328-AB.jpg

Decided I got that one for such a great price I’d look for another, instead I found two for a very, very good price. Both like new. What I’ll do with 3, I haven’t a clue but that hasn’t stopped me yet:confused:

5-F9-A453-A-99-E6-482-B-AF3-D-A07-ACB004-EBC.jpg
That's my favorite SAK. If you open enough bottles of wine that corkscrew will bend in such a way its impossible to get it to seat correctly, so the backups come in handy. You can prob tell in this pic my corkscrew is twisted and doesn't seat.
OfrwL5l.jpg

That's my favorite SAK. If you open enough bottles of wine that corkscrew will bend in such a way its impossible to get it to seat correctly, so the backups come in handy. You can prob tell in this pic my corkscrew is twisted and doesn't seat.
OfrwL5l.jpg

Im not much of a wine drinker so I doubt I’ll see that happen, unless they start putting corks on Leinenkugel bottles:confused::confused: It was always a toss up between a corkscrew and a Phillips. After 30 years of carrying a small Tinker I saw someone say you can use the can opener on Phillips head screws. It tried it, and it seemed to work better! Now I see the advantage to the corkscrew as being another tool that could have different uses, specifically the small eye glasses little screw driver that screws into it. As far as liking it, I think this 3 layer is going to see a lot of pocket time. I like having a saw and love the Farmer, but the back tools add some versatility to it and the tweezers come in handy. I’ve replaced the toothpick with one of the little firesteels. I think it’ll make a great outdoor companion.

I’ve replaced the toothpick with one of the little firesteels.
You can get little firesteels? I hadn't heard of that before, neat! I always throw away the toothpick when I buy used SAKs.

I've been a fan of lionSTEEL's M390 for about a year now, and several members said that Viper's M390 was just as good, if not better. So I jumped in this week with a modern traditional (slipjoint) from Viper called the Key. Beautifully executed, came tight but smooth, with a 6+ pull, a nice leather slip and a worked backspring. Very knice! 4.1 inches closed.

iEOCqip.jpg

rWm0f52.jpg

Got my first MAM this past week. Less flimsy than I had imagined, and the locking mechanism is attached to the pivot pin, so it is very secure. It came with a bad wire edge, which I managed to get rid of without too much trouble. I like the blade shape better than the Opinel, but Opinel has a better grind, more comfortable handle, and of course carbon steel. Still, the MAM has plenty of useable blade in a light, slim package. Seems like it would be good in a tackle box, mess kit, or for situations where you are concerned about loss or confiscation but still want a decent knife with you.
wnQWr9E.jpg

And yet more Porchenburg generosity today! This time thanks to screened porch screened porch ! This is actually my first ever Bird and Trout knife. I am looking forward to trying it out. I love getting my hands on a classic USA made knife, especially one in such perfect condition.
full

(Actually, the Indianhead from the last post will be my first actual full sized stockman too. Thanks to 315 315 I have gotten to use a full size stockman before, so I have wanted one for a while now. Glad to have one of my own :) )

Actually, the Indianhead from the last post will be my first actual full sized stockman too. Thanks to 315 315 I have gotten to use a full size stockman before, so I have wanted one for a while now. Glad to have one of my own :) )

Be very careful, they multiply like Gremlins!!!

8TQ90PE.jpg

This Moore Maker arrived today. Nice and tight, good walk & talk, and gorgeous ironwood covers. This one is a keeper. :)
Nice looking knife. Just wondering if you left any instructions or notes in your order that directed Moore Maker to select a particularly nice specimen? You got a good one!

Thanks to the amazing generosity of Onebigbill Onebigbill , I had a very welcome surprise arrive today. What a beautiful knife. I am just in love. I tell you, when you hang around in Porchenburg you just never know what might come your way. The generosity never fails to amaze me.
full
Thanks Jon. I have a small stockman that was gifted to me by my deceased dad. A Buck 303. Over 40 years old now and still like new. I like the larger "full sized" stockman knives based on my briefly owning the Indianhead.

Back