Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

My cat like reflexes failed me :eek: and I missed both drops of GEC's 33 :oops: It's a pattern that appeals to me. I found a factory second stag by accident and snapped it up :thumbsup: While I was at it, I ordered a 15 :thumbsup::thumbsup: I had been considering a 15 for a while and finally pulled the trigger ;)
Todays mail:
15-33opening1.JPG
15-33opening2.JPG
15-33opening4.JPG

F&F is excellent. Blade centered. Good snap. No wobble. Ebony has a couple of lighter streaks in it which is fine with me. Chain is shiny. Nice and slim. Sharp out of the tube. Cool tube art.
I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks! Sounds like a good one

This came. No country of origin anywhere, but it looks like Pakistan to me. Remember it was $15.
C1FZ1oF.jpg

Quite a gaffe leaving that string of solder across the brass, and there's some black on the heel that might be burned flux. There's an obstruction in the lanyard tube, maybe some brass that got pushed the wrong way.
Is it custom? Not in the sense of being made to my specifications, obviously.
Is it a hand made one of a kind? Quite possibly. If someone in Pakistan is still paying individual smiths for piecework, you wouldn't get quite the same knife twice even from the same smith.
Is it D2? I wouldn't know, but have no reason to doubt it. The knife came heavily greased, which I haven't seen with 440A.
I'm not sure the sheath is of extra heavy leather, but it's quite adequate.

[No offense intended to Pakistan. I've had some quite nice knives from there. And I don't know that it's from Pakistan anyway.]

Am I happy $15's worth? Yes. It's a neat little knife. We'll see how it sharpens.

[It was a lot of effort to sharpen it. I don't know if it's Rockwell 60, but it's unusually hard.]

Last edited:
Hesitate to post this but warts and all, my latest example from GEC. Showing that not all their Stag is wonderful stuff....not very keen on this blackened beam look, ugly characterless. Until now, I've always had very good Stag from them but this is bottom of the barrel, at least the pile side is less ghastly :D:eek:

Xs2KFqN.jpg

Hesitate to post this but warts and all, my latest example from GEC. Showing that not all their Stag is wonderful stuff....not very keen on this blackened beam look, ugly characterless. Until now, I've always had very good Stag from them but this is bottom of the barrel, at least the pile side is less ghastly :D:eek:

Xs2KFqN.jpg
Looks almost like those lightning wood covers Trestle Pine ran for a bit.

Xs2KFqN.jpg
It doesn't look terrible to me, but I can see that some people would have culled it.

Thanks Jer, but it's badly mismatched and the shown mark side has some kind of varnish filth all over it adding to the burnt effect :poop: Just not what I like at all plus it feels unpleasant in the hand.

Regards, Will

My 'bay Peanut arrived... yellow delrin, CV... here's the good and the "bad"....
Overall, it's a very nicely finished knife. No gaps at springs, blades very nicely centered, both blades acceptably sharp. It LOOKS really nice.
There were a couple of not so good things.... the blade grind on the pen blade was pretty lopsided. One side really nice, the other side bevel was way shallower than the good side.
The other is that the main blade doesn't open all the way parallel to the spine, which leaves the spring a little proud. I think I can fix that... we'll see.
Overall, though, I'm very pleased with it. Especially for a $35 knife.

0tnGsF.jpg
0tn5gr.jpg

0tnwOb.jpg
0tnxc7.jpg

MGZHUlt.jpg

A2zxxtY.jpg

The flea market was good to me today, 20 bucks for this little haul. Imperial combo, blue pen knife is Imperial as well,the gold is a hammer brand, and another Queen electrician. The combo set needs a bit of cleaning up,some gunk and active rust. The sheath is in good shape, leather is a bit dry and needs conditioning. That combo set sure woulda been the bees knees back in the day for a boy scout I bet.

<snips>
The flea market was good to me today, 20 bucks for this little haul. Imperial combo, blue pen knife is Imperial as well,the gold is a hammer brand, and another Queen electrician. The combo set needs a bit of cleaning up,some gunk and active rust. The sheath is in good shape, leather is a bit dry and needs conditioning. That combo set sure woulda been the bees knees back in the day for a boy scout I bet.

That combo set is a pretty cool find. :thumbsup:

MGZHUlt.jpg

A2zxxtY.jpg

Nice finds, David. :thumbsup: I actually found that same fixed blade, with the sheath, in my great grandmother's tackle box years ago. It was pretty rough when I found it. I wouldn't say that it cleaned up well (to be honest, I really didn't put that much effort into it, just some oil and elbow grease to stop it from rusting any more), but I'll tell ya what, it sure sharpened up nicely... that thing is a thin little slicer! :D

Although I'm sure she had the folder at some point, it wasn't with the knife when I found it. I ended up picking one up at a shop in Arizona a few years back to complete the set.

Tj7fCxt.jpg

UJdQolz.jpg

Here's something I found online back when I was looking for the folder, might be of interest to you.

MfP0kQd.jpg

I'm sure I've picked up a few things since I last posted in this thread, but here's the most recent.

WqVJdUK.jpg

eKqB8Ta.jpg

Jer, those S.C.C. stamped Uncle Henrys were only made from 1979-'82, and by Camillus for Schrade, so you don't see too many of them. The blades differ slightly, and they only have the one spring pin instead of Schrade's usual 3 pins.

Jer, those S.C.C. stamped Uncle Henrys were only made from 1979-'82, and by Camillus for Schrade, so you don't see too many of them. The blades differ slightly, and they only have the one spring pin instead of Schrade's usual 3 pins.
Hey, you're right! (Of course.) But I'm pleased to see it has pivot pins through the bolsters. Thanks for the intel on age. I thought it was an odd stamp. I was 22 to 25.

Here four days early! Bless you, USPS.
My Utica:
vF8oWTD.jpg

EA17K69.jpg

78RmT8F.jpg

edIcYQN.jpg

I have one that shows more of the knife, but I forgot to try to suck in my gut for that one.
[edited to add, "No, I mistyped. This is the picture where I forgot to try to suck in my gut."]
The only complaint I've heard about these is the sheath rattles, but this one doesn't.

Last edited:
Back