Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Nice finds, David. :thumbsup: I actually found that same fixed blade, with the sheath, in my great grandmother's tackle box years ago. It was pretty rough when I found it. I wouldn't say that it cleaned up well (to be honest, I really didn't put that much effort into it, just some oil and elbow grease to stop it from rusting any more), but I'll tell ya what, it sure sharpened up nicely... that thing is a thin little slicer! :D

Although I'm sure she had the folder at some point, it wasn't with the knife when I found it. I ended up picking one up at a shop in Arizona a few years back to complete the set.

Tj7fCxt.jpg

UJdQolz.jpg

Here's something I found online back when I was looking for the folder, might be of interest to you.

MfP0kQd.jpg

I'm sure I've picked up a few things since I last posted in this thread, but here's the most recent.

WqVJdUK.jpg

eKqB8Ta.jpg
That wood is simply divine.

Yesterday I received a package in the mail from Yorkshire, courtesy of (you guessed it) @Jack Black.

A while back, I commented on a Joker folder that Jack had posted in the Totin’ thread. Jack reached out and told me he had another that he’d like to send me. Along with the knife, Jack included a postcard, a Yorkshire-English dictionary and a skull-and-crossbones bandana/scarf for my daughter, Eleanor (which she thought was great!).

zJiXTdq.jpg

This little knife has really surprised me. The fit and finish are excellent! The grain on the Olive(?) wood scales is beautiful, and the wood's smooth, rounded edges feel fantastic in hand. The blade is thinly ground and has good walk and talk. The knife feels heavier than you'd expect (in a good way), and it's thick enough to feel substantial in hand but not bulky in your pocket. It's a nice size, too, at about 3.5" closed. I have a feeling this knife is going to see a lot of pocket time! Thanks again, Jack! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Received my 3rd GEC 62 Pocket Carver the other day. However, is no ordinary 62. It was customized (Joshua Kidd, Wild Horse Customs) with crosscut mammoth ivory covers and embellishments to the bolsters, blade spines, liners and back springs. I have a number of customized knives by Josh and they all are top notch.

yTPhvAr.jpg

DTq5azd.jpg

Allow me to present, on the far opposite ends of the price and picture-quality spectra as the above, this Fraraccio knife which arrived with the mailman just as I was returning from my morning bike ride. Made in the town in Italy whence emigrated the founders of Imperial and Colonial, I believe.
dy6aVCK.jpg

Recently rediscovered how much I like the RR small stockman. I’m liking it so much I picked up a spare for my spare.
RSxQs5c.jpg

:thumbsup:

Years ago, after an item I really liked wore out and had to be replaced, and I could not find an agreeable replacement, I started buying spares of things I use and really like/ enjoy.

When I die, someone is going to get some unused new old stuff.

I received my R&R copperhead cinnamon bone stag with Damascus blades this morning . I was really impressed with the pattern on the blades . And the cinnamon bone stag is gorgeous . There was a problem though the clip point blade had no edge ground on it and the tip had been rounded . The other blade was perfectly fine . I'm going to put an edge on it tomorrow and post some pics☺️

Last edited:
Back