Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Boker Solingen Expedition Barlow. Canvas Micarta, brass bolster, and 440c steel. After seeing OldHercDude OldHercDude 's, I just could resist!

6AsKKzn.jpg

Last edited:
And another one! USPS had to make a second trip to my house today because they forgot a package. Score! I wasn't expecting this bad boy for a couple more days.

I've been meaning to check out the Case Sodbuster Jr. and Collector Knives had a price that was just too good to pass up. CV steel and jigged chestnut bone. Thanks @knifeswapper!

ZHAeeum.jpg

How's your copy?

IIRC, the bolsters are bead-blasted brass, not bronze.

Good call, not sure why I put bronze, lol. Fixed! My example is phenomenal! There is the tiniest bit of Micarta thread poking out from the shield that I'm going to take care of, but other than that it's basically flawless. :D

Good call, not sure why I put bronze, lol. Fixed! My example is phenomenal! There is the tiniest bit of Micarta thread poking out from the shield that I'm going to take care of, but other than that it's basically flawless. :D

I've seen a couple of places where people have called it bronze, I had to go back and check the first time I saw that.

Fit and finish on mine is good. Action was initially kinda gritty and the full open had no snap. Some working back and forth and some oil, and it feels good now, with a solid snap into the open position. I did bang it against something and put a very small divot/ nick in the pile side bolster. Oops. Good thing it's a user.

And another one! USPS had to make a second trip to my house today because they forgot a package. Score! I wasn't expecting this bad boy for a couple more days.

I've been meaning to check out the Case Sodbuster Jr. and Collector Knives had a price that was just too good to pass up. CV steel and jigged chestnut bone. Thanks @knifeswapper!

ZHAeeum.jpg

That is a very nice looking Sodbuster Jr. I really like the jigged chestnut bone in CV, are the covers pretty thin?

That is a very nice looking Sodbuster Jr. I really like the jigged chestnut bone in CV, are the covers pretty thin?

Thanks! Mike sent me a good one. :) I guess I'd call them medium thickness? I have knives both thinner and thicker jigged bone scales. I'd say they are roughly about an 1/8" thick. The covers are also flat and uniform which makes it feel smaller in the pocket than it looks.

VdAOrJ3.jpg

Fixall Fixall

Thanks! I prefer thinner covers, those look good.
G,day, if i may, i have 2 Case sodbuster juniors, one is a pocket worn whiskey bone, similar to Fixalls but just different bone color. I also have one in yellow delrin, the bone is just so much thinner than the delrin. I have measured them for you with an electric measuring caliper. The bone is .396 inches and the delrin is .530 inches, so you can see there is a big difference, and i call the bone thin. I hope this helps you make any decisions.

Fixall Fixall I was thinking of giving my Chestnut Bone cv Sodbuster away a few months ago, then I came to my senses :D After a couple of years neglect-twilight zone in some drawer- I fetched it out, cleaned it up and really delighted with it. F&F superb, very easy in the pocket, looks good and it was not expensive either. The ingredient of a good pocket-knife. Motto here: re-appraise your knives from time to time, there are hidden stars.

Fm13Eug.jpg

G,day, if i may, i have 2 Case sodbuster juniors, one is a pocket worn whiskey bone, similar to Fixalls but just different bone color. I also have one in yellow delrin, the bone is just so much thinner than the delrin. I have measured them for you with an electric measuring caliper. The bone is .396 inches and the delrin is .530 inches, so you can see there is a big difference, and i call the bone thin. I hope this helps you make any decisions.

Yes, it does :thumbsup:

I recall the older delrin Sodbuster covers were much thinner and more rounded, the current ones are blocky in comparison.

My three newest additions. If asked, I would would generally state a preference for multi-blade patterns. However, the 74 has been in my pocket every day for a week, and I might have to start doubling up so these other two can get some carry time.

2D6FC8D1-E69F-4716-8E5E-AC4B70E15653.jpeg

Last edited:
Back