Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

5568-F7-EC-BE8-F-49-A8-8390-C619-B409-F71-D.jpg

Picked up a sowbelly to go with the swayback
NICE!

Picked this up the other day. I just don’t understand why these are still available. They are a very solid user, more so than the current run. If, after removing the B&C, which is VERY easy with two pliers, the hole is an issue, keep this in mind, it is a user, and a darn nice one. Besides, with a little practice one can learn how to keep one’s thumb over the hole while examining this beautiful knife. :D The hole isn’t even visible when you are looking at the perfectly centered blades, nor are they visible when examining the gap less back spring or fidgeting with the impeccable W&T. So the next time you are thinking about how you missed out on the seconds-long drop of the latest run, just remember there are still some REALLY nice knives on dealer’s shelves. For now anyway!;)
View attachment 1463012
I’m just as surprised as you are! These should have sold out long ago, they really are a perfect choice for everyday carry. A solid and snappy knife and super easy in the pocket.
I’ve always liked spear points more for aesthetic reasons than practical ones, but these 15s have nice sharp tips that perform well.

These should have sold out long ago, they really are a perfect choice for everyday carry.
And there lies the problem...
I don't think the vast majority of GEC buyers are looking for everyday user knives...
I think they are buying them as collectibles, for resale, or just buying into the "image".
The Bail and Chain knives are not popular and the hole they leave is undesirable for resale.

I don't think the vast majority of GEC buyers are looking for everyday user knives...
I think they are buying them as collectibles, for resale, or just buying into the "image".
The Bail and Chain knives are not popular and the hole they leave is undesirable for resale.
I’m glad collecting isn’t my thing, sitting by and waiting for those drops and trying to beat the rush stresses me out. I don’t mind waiting for the leftovers to snag myself a good user knife :D
That is, until they decide to do another run of Barlows. I will go through great lengths to get one of those :rolleyes:

You’re probably right. As for me, I can’t wait for my new one to start looking like it’s filthy, well-loved cousin! :D
View attachment 1463561

I found this one brand new in a hardware store, when out of town for Thanksgiving. Priced under $70. Chestnut bone CV steel swayback jack. I seem to have difficulty passing these up. I could have bought the display one, as well, but I held strong for just the one. :D If it's still there when we go back for Christmas, I'll probably give in...

YKw64ra.jpg
ci98Ems.jpg

rtGaOqE.jpg

Back