Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

72F90870-989F-4CC0-81F8-D25D95EEE04F.jpeg

Arrived today from France. It’s got a non traditional handle material (though they have some great woods... this looked so unique I couldn’t resist), and screws, it doesn’t have a clip. I think it counts as a traditional. Going to use it for dinner prep tonight

Camillus 8.
VZ59fKE.jpg

And a sailboat. I think it's a sloop and the aft hole is for a tiller.
K3TavWn.jpg

I haven’t removed it yet but I’d like to hear your reasoning.
For me the worn paint adds to the history (nostalgia as M mcc850 says) and "feel" of it. Sort of like a patina if you will. On the other hand the OCD part of me would say "scrub it and make it consistent!". :D But the "this adds character" part of me would win, I think. :cool: Love your knives and photography skills so your "taste" and opinion are well established. :thumbsup:

Afishhunter, I like my jigged bone rr Barlow but would prefer one in carbon. What's it like? Has it half stops?
Has half stops. Mine is F/F/F on the spear point, and F/P/F on the pen secondary. I consider that a "cosmetic defect", since I don't use a knife blade half open. (F= "Flush"; "P" = "Proud"; "S" = "Sunk")

The blades are T10 carbon steel. They seem to take and hold an edge as well as 1095.
Too soon to tell on the Barlow, but the blades on my RR1740 Carbon Classic large stockman were a bit more reluctant to patina than 10xx.
I did manage to get a patina started on all three blades though.

I do recommend them. If there is a pattern or patterns you like, and the budget can withstand the hit, get it/them before they sell out. Who knows if there will be a second run? I sure don't..
I won't be getting any additional ones, as I have the two patterns currently available that I like and will carry.
I missed out on the canoe, and sowbelly stockman. If there is a second run on those, I might get one.

Has half stops. Mine is F/F/F on the spear point, and F/P/F on the pen secondary. I consider that a "cosmetic defect", since I don't use a knife blade half open. (F= "Flush"; "P" = "Proud"; "S" = "Sunk")

The blades are T10 carbon steel. They seem to take and hold an edge as well as 1095.
Too soon to tell on the Barlow, but the blades on my RR1740 Carbon Classic large stockman were a bit more reluctant to patina than 10xx.
I did manage to get a patina started on all three blades though.

I do recommend them. If there is a pattern or patterns you like, and the budget can withstand the hit, get it/them before they sell out. Who knows if there will be a second run? I sure don't..
I won't be getting any additional ones, as I have the two patterns currently available that I like and will carry.
I missed out on the canoe, and sowbelly stockman. If there is a second run on those, I might get one.
I can appreciate the efforts put in to make it flush on all three, but like yourself I largely give this a pass if it misses a touch on closed or half.
I think I'd like to try one in carbon, I have the canoe in carbon and its not to my liking but the steel is aok by me!
Do you know do they do the Barlow as a single blade in carbon too?
Thanks for the feedback btw:)

ed_is_dead ed_is_dead
I've No idea if they do a single blade not Daddy/Grand Daddy 5 inch, or tiny/mini peanut size Barlow at all.
I like the two blade versions.

What don't you like about your Carbon Classic canoe? That's one of a pattern I like that I missed out on.
I have a "few" RR canoes, (all 440A blades). Worst one I got was a "Twisted Bone". The shield stayed in the box when I took the knife out. :(
A couple drop of super glue "fixed" it though. :)

Meerkat arrived a day earlier than originally stated by the Post Office. Photos do not do justice to the beauty of these Warthog Tusk handles. I tried to capture as best possible. I really wish I had known about the other various models when they were released.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
What a gorgeous knife!

Meerkat arrived a day earlier than originally stated by the Post Office. Photos do not do justice to the beauty of these Warthog Tusk handles. I tried to capture as best possible. I really wish I had known about the other various models when they were released.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
Thank you for the photos my friend . They may seem to be high priced , but where can you get a knife with real Ivory for that price ???? It is not Elephant Ivory , but it is the same material as . I am sure that you agree that Arno Bernard does some very nice work . I do not see anything wrong with your photos . They still make 2 other models . I hope that you go after them too .

Harry

What a gorgeous knife!

That, it is! Thank you!

Thank you for the photos my friend . They may seem to be high priced , but where can you get a knife with real Ivory for that price ???? It is not Elephant Ivory , but it is the same material as . I am sure that you agree that Arno Bernard does some very nice work . I do not see anything wrong with your photos . They still make 2 other models . I hope that you go after them too .

Harry

Thank you for your postings - certainly got my attention. Had heard of AB before, and seen some of their knives, but didn't sit up and take notice until seeing the warthog tusk handle models posted here. Nice work indeed, even though the Meerkat is a very small knife it feels nice in my hamfists. And after handling it and viewing with my own eyes, I can see why some people prized ivory.

From what I see, the Bush Baby series with the Warthog were the Meerkat, Squirrel and Gecko. There are a couple slightly larger models that interest me as well. As for picking up any of them, I may have to watch the secondary market. The listed dealers I've checked so far do not have any left in stock, and I think I bought the last Meerkat at the dealer I purchased through.

That, it is! Thank you!

Thank you for your postings - certainly got my attention. Had heard of AB before, and seen some of their knives, but didn't sit up and take notice until seeing the warthog tusk handle models posted here. Nice work indeed, even though the Meerkat is a very small knife it feels nice in my hamfists. And after handling it and viewing with my own eyes, I can see why some people prized ivory.

From what I see, the Bush Baby series with the Warthog were the Meerkat, Squirrel and Gecko. There are a couple slightly larger models that interest me as well. As for picking up any of them, I may have to watch the secondary market. The listed dealers I've checked so far do not have any left in stock, and I think I bought the last Meerkat at the dealer I purchased through.
There also were the Porcupine and Galago . I have all but the Porcupine and I have not tried to find it yet .

Harry

Back