Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

First knife of 2021

77-DF8-F9-E-A585-4-B1-D-8-E85-AAA3-ED82-FE77.jpg

ed_is_dead ed_is_dead
I've No idea if they do a single blade not Daddy/Grand Daddy 5 inch, or tiny/mini peanut size Barlow at all.
I like the two blade versions.

What don't you like about your Carbon Classic canoe? That's one of a pattern I like that I missed out on.
I have a "few" RR canoes, (all 440A blades). Worst one I got was a "Twisted Bone". The shield stayed in the box when I took the knife out. :(
A couple drop of super glue "fixed" it though. :)
Ah it's grand just pretty industrial, sharp edges and chunky where you don't want it, gapped springs and a harder pull than I prefer.
In saying that it's performed well as my go to hard use knife for cutting carpet, cardboard or knotty wood. Steel has done well without chipping and sharpens easily.

Fresh from the mailbox...
F&F and Build Quality about as it gets for a Case... some very minor gaps but everything else spot-on.
The wood handles are ridiculously cool, especially the pile side with its little bit of character.
Went straight into my pocket. :cool::thumbsup:

F&F and Build Quality about as it gets for a Case... some very minor gaps but everything else spot-on.
The wood handles are ridiculously cool, especially the pile side with its little bit of character.

Wow, that looks fantastic! Some really nice stuff showing up today.:thumbsup:

0hdCuVD.jpg

Marbles on top Rough Rider on bottom. Both Chinese made but seem well made,only fault is on both the tang is proud of the grip scales a tiny bit. Just enough to feel it really, I have a USA made buck Mesa thats the same way so I ain't calling it a huge issue.
MCjOaKo.jpg

Marbles has nice micarta and mosaic pins,very robust feeling knife overall, full flat grind, odd teeth on the swedge. However I plan to test them on making notches and such for woodscraft skills. The RR boot knife is very sharp with even fairly grinds,its exactly what this type of knife needs to be and nothing more.
lyKhqSM.jpg

Marbles has a odd double bevel at the tip presumably to keep the cutting edge thin, which is nice because this is a beefy blade. Its 3/16th thick and 6 inches in length 10-3/4 overall. So far I'm liking these :cool::thumbsup:

That wood is fantastic, especially the pile side as you mentioned. Probably no consolation but, you may have missed out on a TC, but you have a knife that is a one off with those scales.

Here's my most recent pair. The 78 came via a trade and I bought the 85 off the secondary. Consolation for missing all the TCs. I like both these frames quite a bit. I'll probably try for a two blade 85 in the upcoming run. If I miss out, at least I got this one.

gvxps6N.jpg

0hdCuVD.jpg

Marbles on top Rough Rider on bottom. Both Chinese made but seem well made,only fault is on both the tang is proud of the grip scales a tiny bit. Just enough to feel it really, I have a USA made buck Mesa thats the same way so I ain't calling it a huge issue.
MCjOaKo.jpg

Marbles has nice micarta and mosaic pins,very robust feeling knife overall, full flat grind, odd teeth on the swedge. However I plan to test them on making notches and such for woodscraft skills. The RR boot knife is very sharp with even fairly grinds,its exactly what this type of knife needs to be and nothing more.
lyKhqSM.jpg

Marbles has a odd double bevel at the tip presumably to keep the cutting edge thin, which is nice because this is a beefy blade. Its 3/16th thick and 6 inches in length 10-3/4 overall. So far I'm liking these :cool::thumbsup:

That RR boot knife looks a lot (not exactly) like my old Western W77, except the handle material. Will be interesting to read your thoughts after you put them through their paces.

That RR boot knife looks a lot (not exactly) like my old Western W77, except the handle material. Will be interesting to read your thoughts after you put them through their paces.
I had to Google the Western and your right, it is definitely where the inspiration comes from.Rough Rider offers 2 sizes of these I would say they correlate to the W77 and W75 after I learned of those. This one has wood handle scales however they're either a really dark wood or stained dark.

just came in today
vrLa3xZ.jpg
You’re going to love that knife. If you are planning to remove the B&C, use two pliers and hold it over a cushion or have someone hold the knife as you separate the two sides of the bail. You can pull it apart easily and the bail will spring back once it has been removed from the knife. I’ve done two with no problems. Good luck with it!
View attachment 1497856

Back