Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I had to Google the Western and your right, it is definitely where the inspiration comes from.Rough Rider offers 2 sizes of these I would say they correlate to the W77 and W75 after I learned of those. This one has wood handle scales however they're either a really dark wood or stained dark.

There are some slight differences, mainly in the grinds near the guard. Even the sheath is quite similar, but angled better to fit the guards on the W77 and the basket weave pattern is different.

Are you going to be updating the fixed blade thread with your thoughts on these after you get a chance to spend time with them?

Just took possession of these two today. Pretty exciting day:)

OnqqT5g.jpg

U29tQOe.jpg

wFYHNRf.jpg

I may have done some jazz hands when seeing them for the first time.

OldHercDude OldHercDude
I'll give an update and better opinion after a bit of use for sure. The sheath fitment was a one of the only things I don't like about the RR. I already trimed the leather down a tad because the guard hits before the knife is fully sheathed. Otherwise everything is well done but they sure dropped the ball on getting the knife to fit the sheath properly.

OldHercDude OldHercDude
I'll give an update and better opinion after a bit of use for sure. The sheath fitment was a one of the only things I don't like about the RR. I already trimed the leather down a tad because the guard hits before the knife is fully sheathed. Otherwise everything is well done but they sure dropped the ball on getting the knife to fit the sheath properly.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

Just took possession of these two today. Pretty exciting day:)

OnqqT5g.jpg

U29tQOe.jpg

wFYHNRf.jpg

I may have done some jazz hands when seeing them for the first time.

Nice knives!! What's your thoughts on the sawed Osage orange handles?
I like the looks of them in certain pics.

Nice knives!! What's your thoughts on the sawed Osage orange handles?
I like the looks of them in certain pics.

The Osage exceeded my expectations once I had it in hand. Probably like you, some of the pictures made the scales actually look rough to me - like it wouldn’t be pleasant in hand. Just a visual effect I can assure you. I wouldn’t call it smooth, but it’s no more rough than my 77 saw cut Copperhead from the CK 2016 run. I’m really taken with it - going to age beautifully. I would love to have been able to pick up all variants from this run, but I was only able to score 1 and I’m glad it was the Osage.

That Copperhead is really nice!

Both are really super nice. :cool::thumbsup:
And both probably cost (together) less than 50% of a TC. ;):thumbsup:
Thanks guys :)
I only have one other new grind, a 1983, that looks as nice, but has a wobbly primary. Which shouldn't matter on a non-user, but still...:( ;)
This one is solid. Now I just need to find a 1984 and I'll have one each of the new grind years.

Maybe not as exciting as a new TC, but ya know... its close :)

It happens, but at least you’re picking up some nice ones:thumbsup:
Thanks! Got lucky on the Sepia TC in Mike’s drawing, and lucked out again in his second drawing and have a Glitter Gold TC on the way! I’ve been eyeballing the Otter for some time and finally pulled the trigger.

Reactions: 315
Back