Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Jackpot!!! Two beauties for sure, Taylor. The bloodwood 48's always catch my eye, so sleek and elegant looking. The conductor is a great pattern and the bone is also quite attractive. Congrats on two wise picks. :thumbsup:
Thanks!! Gave up a pretty sought after knife. But I'm happy to have two new patterns I haven't had before. I like em both!

I was gifted this Bladeforums Knife as a result of a GAW from @Fixall:thumbsup:. It's a very well made knife and came to me very sharp:thumbsup:. Interesting way that the back spring was finished off - slight proud of the covers and rounded.o_O Looks different from what I'm used to but never the less nice. Good feel in the hand.:D
IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2916.JPG

I ordered a hand-forged Viking-style eating picker/fork type thing from Sweden, so I thought I'd add a forged Krumkniv to the order. Arrived today. Better than the ones I'm used to seeing, and it didn't take long to put a reasonable edge on it :)

NzIKj5W.jpg

ZrBn6jh.jpg

I was gifted this Bladeforums Knife as a result of a GAW from @Fixall:thumbsup:. It's a very well made knife and came to me very sharp:thumbsup:. Interesting way that the back spring was finished off - slight proud of the covers and rounded.o_O Looks different from what I'm used to but never the less nice. Good feel in the hand.:D
View attachment 1508058 View attachment 1508059

Don't think I'd describe it as 'proud' it's a tubular backspring to give an effective contrast to the flat titanium liner/bolster. Lot of credit to them in construction quality and cutting the backspring off cleanly & square. A feature sometimes depressingly absent on some more 'traditional' brands ;) Lionsteel also opts for a tubular backspring, must be an Italian aspect. But as you say, the Forum Knife 20 is great in the hand, made for it.:cool:

Don't think I'd describe it as 'proud' it's a tubular backspring to give an effective contrast to the flat titanium liner/bolster. Lot of credit to them in construction quality and cutting the backspring off cleanly & square. A feature sometimes depressingly absent on some more 'traditional' brands ;) Lionsteel also opts for a tubular backspring, must be an Italian aspect. But as you say, the Forum Knife 20 is great in the hand, made for it.:cool:
I didn't realize the the backspacing is tubular. Lionsteel knives look very similar and have similar stamps on the tang. Wonder if Viper Knives and Lionsteel are connected in any way?

You can see the spring shape from the pivot end. Maniago is a small Italian town and is the home of Fox, lionSteel, Viper, Maserin, Mercury, and probably a couple more. So there will be some common thought I presume.
When you radius the outside of the spring to sit in between two flat liners you need to choose whether to drop the spring such that the high point is flush with the liner (knife sits flat on a table), or leave the spring proud to where the end of the radius is even with the liners such that the spring is very proud. The lionSteel and Viper models were designed with the former and the Fox model was designed with the latter.

Tubular would imply that it was hollow.
I think it's a regular back spring that has a radius (rounded) side.
It's a pretty smart design, really. You don't have to finish the back spring so everything is smooth and flush with the liners and handles, it hides small gaps really well, and it adds to the comfort in-hand.

Edit: Looks like Mike beat me to it.

After re-examining my Viper I can see what Mike was describing. The spine of the blade has a nice radius too so that when the knife blade is open the spine and backspring mate up for a perfect transition. I have to say that I'm liking this knife more and more. Nice proportions and I love the M390 blade steel. Slips in and out of my pocket nicely and is comfortable to carry. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Picked up these two little guys. Camillus and Robeson. Nice little knives that melt into your pockets.
A81696B4-0159-4474-B49E-88498C089DDB.jpeg

1D7148B5-B029-459A-8485-8EDFA1AB3F08.jpeg

Decided to pull the trigger on a single blade Barlow before they were all gone from the shelves.
I have that Robeson, and that Barlow looks like the one I got.

I bought these yesterday at an antique mall for a little under $12. They're worth more than that wherever they're made.
Hoffritz/ Top of the Line // Solingen/Germany/ Molybdenum/ Stainless
BVstco4.jpg

I'd say you are correct ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Everytime we've had an autumn bone in the last 20ish years I've swore to get one, and missed it each time... This new run I've hemmed and hawed that it'll be too spolotchy of a dye job, even for me (I tend to prefer the less than "perfect" case scales with color variations).

All that said to say this; yours is gorgeous! Sometimes it just takes seeing a Real photo, not the stock or sales images...

Next bit of play money should see me getting one!

Well... that didn't take long. :D
Just came tonight!

wp-1613542274884.jpg

Back