Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Fresh out of the mail box...
I'm really excited to finally have my favorite Stockman knife, in my favorite bone color, at a bargain price to boot.
This Case CV Medium Stockman, with Chestnut jigged bone, looks practically new. The color and jigging are absolutely fabulous!

Wonderful color. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm really excited to finally have my favorite Stockman knife, in my favorite bone color, at a bargain price to boot.
This Case CV Medium Stockman, with Chestnut jigged bone, looks practically new. The color and jigging are absolutely fabulous!
Love the bone on that one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Queen #37 HJ
D1A30F1C-D21F-4AFB-99ED-8DF74AA6A5AF.jpeg

John, I will say I think that’s the best color and jigging combination Case did. I finally pulled the trigger on a red bone 6318 the other day with the standard clip blade. I hope I’m as pleased with mine as you are with yours.

Camillus and Nieto.
gZH15FA.jpg

5YHUpUV.jpg

g5RryPZ.jpg

RNqFJmj.jpg

The gaucho knife is rather beefy for a gaucho knife. I think the handle is glue-lam rather than plain wood, and I suspect the ferule is fitted closely to the tang and butted against the handle. The tang end is peened over a washer.
[No sheath, strangely (seller said this is how he bought it). It fits my Mark II Navy sheath, so I ordered a Kabar one of those.]

Nice Camillus, but I came here looking for more pics of your Nieto Jer! :cool: Nice lines :) I think the handle is Staminawood. They seem to be sold as barbecue cutlery, and don't appear to have sheaths :thumbsup:

Nice Camillus, but I came here looking for more pics of your Nieto Jer! :cool: Nice lines :) I think the handle is Staminawood. They seem to be sold as barbecue cutlery, and don't appear to have sheaths :thumbsup:
Thanks.
That makes sense. Even the metal sheathed ones on Aucland are sometimes described as barbecue knives, and sometimes they're paired with a big fork.

Thanks.
That makes sense. Even the metal sheathed ones on Aucland are sometimes described as barbecue knives, and sometimes they're paired with a big fork.

Yeah, I was just checking them out. Nieto do about 10 different knives, and a few forks. I don't know why they don't make sheaths for them :thumbsup:

That is a really beautiful knife John and a bargain always helps, congrats buddy!:thumbsup:

Had my own stroke of luck yesterday. Stopped in my relatively local (almost an hour from home) knife shop while my wife and I were on our brewery hunt. I was looking for a peanut in the limited edition XX in autumn bone. They had a couple with very nice covers but the blades rubbed the liners on both, the third one had perfect centering but the covers didn’t have much contrast. Then I spotted this this little beauty, and the rest is history!:D
98718E0E-EAA5-44E8-9A49-57B42172E78A.jpeg F10C49FE-44C1-4828-9DE7-55C2842DF8CC.jpeg

Red Stag? That's wonderful! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks! Yep, red stag. Both sides are nice but I couldn’t get past how nice the mark side looks. It does have a small amount of blade play, but I figured how hard are you going to use a peanut? I did mention it and asked if they would work with me, and they knocked off 20%. Ended up getting it for $5 more than the autumn bone would have been.

Back