Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

To quote Neil Young "It's old, but it's good." A Schrade Cut Co knife. 4 inches closed
EvBNyKH.jpg

gGqeuQj.jpg
7PobmU5.jpg
ts4aiBt.jpg

$20 ea from the pawn shop
All late 70s
We’re pretty grungy
Flitz, Renaissance and some elbow grease fixed them right up

Unreal find, congrats! My local antique shop was selling $30 rusted shut traditionals with broken blades and cracked covers, and the pawn shop was selling used SAKs for greater than retail price...

My newest arrived in time for cherry blossom season. Sadly no Japanese style hanami picnics with friends/family due to COVID restrictions, but the good spring weather is still a joy. GEC Northfield 12 Toothpick in Copperhead Pony Cut bone.

8Jxeoll.jpg

Just received my new Case Medium Jack with CV blades and Red Jigged Bone.
It's not a stellar example of craftsmanship, but it's plenty good for a "user" knife.
Flaws... if I'm being picky, there is slight gaps in the liners/springs and the edge needs work.
If I'm being a little less picky, and the thing that's more bothersome, is the main blade is way off center.
Everything else is well done and I'm happy to finally have something a little fancier than as-ground stainless and synthetic ebony.

Good looking knife, and surprisingly well-dyed red bone from Case! It’s a bit hard to tell from the picture, how’s the tip on that blade? One complaint I’ve had with some recent Case knives is that they seem to round the tip off, particularly on clip point blades.

USPS sending it to Chicago, then back to Fort Worth, then to Tokyo :eek: then b) Once Finnish Posti got its incompetent Digipaws on it they took 18 days to send it from Helsinki to here 420 kms away:rolleyes:

Now that’s efficient! o_O :D

To quote Neil Young "It's old, but it's good." A Schrade Cut Co knife. 4 inches closed
EvBNyKH.jpg

gGqeuQj.jpg
7PobmU5.jpg
ts4aiBt.jpg

That’s awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back