Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

0QNn8VO.jpg

thank you The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck
Love the worked bolsters Jon. It's well done. Was that a mod?

Old Engineer Old Engineer Beautiful example Harry, if that arrived at my door I might not leave the house for a day or two :D
and M mcc850
I like it a lot my friends . I have admired the skill level to design and make 3 bladed whittlers for a while . After I looked this one over for a while , I had the distinct feeling that my dealer hand picked me a very nice one .

Harry

Thanks Mike! Before the photo I polished the bolsters because they came in a darker brown color. This knife is light and feels like a high precision instrument.

Just curious about yours being so dark. The two I have showed up quite bright, and only darkened with being handled & used over a space of months.

Still, nice knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I really like mine, as of now pretty much my favorite and most-carried traditional.

Looks like yours has a pretty flush liner, congrats on the knife and an excellent example of one.
Thank you very much my friend . I assume you are talking about the Wedge in the middle being flush to the springs . It actually is not quite flush . It was brought to my attention by a few of the others being posted . I am not bothered about it at all . The Wedge does not have the Middle Pin running through it , therefore it is somewhat free to rotate about the small blades pivot end to some degree unless it hits the bottom of the middle pin . I highly doubt that any parts are out of print specification . The only way that I see them to be able to make sure that it is always flush or below is to Grind or Sand that complete surface after assembly .

Harry

Thank you very much my friend . I assume you are talking about the Wedge in the middle being flush to the springs . It actually is not quite flush . It was brought to my attention by a few of the others being posted . I am not bothered about it at all . The Wedge does not have the Middle Pin running through it , therefore it is somewhat free to rotate about the small blades pivot end to some degree unless it hits the bottom of the middle pin . I highly doubt that any parts are out of print specification . The only way that I see them to be able to make sure that it is always flush or below is to Grind or Sand that complete surface after assembly .

Harry
I’ve handled a few of the bloodwoods and bone. All of them vary in how proud the liner, or wedge, is. One of the bloodwoods was completely flush. My bone is just a hair proud. There was one that was actually a bit of a hot spot. I think yours looks great. Anyone who has one of these is pretty lucky.

What do you mean "there is no spring contact on the half stop" ??o_O

The 23 and 73 are square end construction, is this what you are referring to?

Fine knife you got hold of, to break it in a bit, hot soapy water and work it with a cloth under water, rinse, dry with hairdryer or comp air, WD40 and then oil and more openings using a cloth over the blade, works well. :thumbsup:

Back