Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Good grief, that Tribal looks pretty bad, unless the angle of the pic makes it look worse than it is. I've got one just like it, and mine is borderline perfect.
The slimline doesn't look quite as bad... I'd probably just live with it... but I think I'd be talking to the vendor about the Tribal. Case normally does really well with those, so you should be able to get one that's more closely centered than that.
The offset of the slimline trapper is indeed minimal. On the other hand, the Tribal Lock has a large offset, with the blade touching the right side of the plate. I find it unworthy of a brand to let this kind of knife leave the factory and to deliver it to a dealer who sells it at public price to the buyer. But that's the way it is.
Thanks for your advice, but I'm going to keep it as it is because I'm in France and I don't want to pay shipping costs to and from the factory for it. I will just refrain in the future from buying Case knives especially from a distance.

After that it's not dramatic, it's not a showcase knife, it's going to be used and its cosmetics will inevitably suffer. But I think that in principle Case and its distributor are not correct.

I really like that sheepsfoot mod. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Could you post a shot with the blade open?
Here's one I just took of it. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It looks more useful, or something.... just better, to my eye. It's the one that gets used most of all, so far. I still need to tweak the shape of the spey, though.

IGTqvq.jpg

Here's one I just took of it. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It looks more useful, or something.... just better, to my eye. It's the one that gets used most of all, so far. I still need to tweak the shape of the spey, though.

IGTqvq.jpg
Thanks for the photo. The shape looks really nice to me. (Wharnfoot?) As John said, it looks much more comfortable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why the sheepfoot blade in a stockman typically rides high? I read once that it is intended to be easy for a gloved hand to open the sheepfoot blade.

I have lowered that blade in several of my stockman knives. Much better!
Good job. I suppose the gloved idea could be plausible, although I think only really large Stockman would be up for this. Anyway, not all Stockman have high-riders, some designs are low such as

Queen No.26 Small Stockman

281Ca4Y.jpg

And the Winchester Black Box a Medium Stockman

noYG6AP.jpg

I wasn't going to buy another knife for a while, but here I am. This my third Boker this year, a Stockman in what they call Buckskin bone.

A couple weeks ago, I posted pics of a Boker skeleton Trapper that I'm going put my own covers on. I did the initial rough cuts of the wood, but it needs to dry out more before going further. When that happens, I'll post some pics of the process (probably not on this thread, I'll have to figure out where). Pics of wood drying are not very interesting...

dnfrru4l.jpg

cDtwCQsl.jpg

ybNo0DFl.jpg

I wasn't going to buy another knife for a while, but here I am. This my third Boker this year, a Stockman in what they call Buckskin bone.

A couple weeks ago, I posted pics of a Boker skeleton Trapper that I'm going put my own covers on. I did the initial rough cuts of the wood, but it needs to dry out more before going further. When that happens, I'll post some pics of the process (probably not on this thread, I'll have to figure out where). Pics of wood drying are not very interesting...

dnfrru4l.jpg

cDtwCQsl.jpg

ybNo0DFl.jpg
I just ordered several Boker stockmans a few days ago, this was one of them. What do you think of it?
Nice pickup Jon! Love the hotdog shield!😎👍

Just arrived... Snagged it off the Exchange.
It was just sitting there, at a ridiculously low price... I guess people only wanna buy GEC's stuff. ;) That's okay, more for me.
Case #47 Stockman with Barn Shield and Green Jigged Bone... Fit n Finish is great, slight blade rub on Sheepsfoot, very good 'snap' on all blades.

I just ordered several Boker stockmans a few days ago, this was one of them. What do you think of it?
I like it. Only a couple of nits - the secondary blades are kind of 'soft' when opening, I'm not sure how to describe it, they don't snap firmly open. The pull is about a 4. The main blade is perfect. The other nit is the shield is a little crooked.

Again, these are nits. The overall quality is as good as the last couple of GEC'S I got.

I really like the coloration of the bone and the reverse blade etch.

Thanks. Too bad it’s not for me. The 48 is for a friend. Did you see the DLT exclusive Case that went on sale today?
Yes, and I have one on the way, did you pick one up?
I like it. Only a couple of nits - the secondary blades are kind of 'soft' when opening, I'm not sure how to describe it, they don't snap firmly open. The pull is about a 4. The main blade is perfect. The other nit is the shield is a little crooked.

Again, these are nits. The overall quality is as good as the last couple of GEC'S I got.

I really like the coloration of the bone and the reverse blade etch.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I have a couple of Boker stockmans already, one is a “plus” tortoise, and the other is a Solingen made stag, and they both have the same deal with the sheep and Spey. Sluggish opening but snap closed just fine. I love Boker knives, but to be honest, I don’t think I have one that has a straight shield!😄

Last Tuesday I posted a picture of a SchradeTRT96 Tennessee River Trapper that I had just received. I liked it so much that I ordered another one. Here is the first one (top knife) with the second one (bottom knife). Without a shield, the jigged covers really stand out. These knives were made in 2003 just on the cusp of Schrade closing it's doors in 2004 showing that Schrade was producing top-notch knives to the very end.

1621098002563.png

Back