Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Recently snagged off the exchange.

7XkBNYh.jpg

This came today from across the pond. Joseph Rodgers sheep foot. Fit and finish is good but not GEC level. A little gapping on the springs and the blade favors the mark side but doesn’t rub. The handles are very nice wood and evenly matched. pull is in the 4-5 range and the blade is snappy. It also comes VERY sharp and has that classic sheep foot shape. For $72 bucks shipped I’m not disappointed.
View attachment 1628650View attachment 1628651View attachment 1628652View attachment 1628653

This just arrived... a wonderful gift from Jeremy sbh06 sbh06
He thought it would make a good knife for a teacher to carry at work and I think he's right.
It wasn't something I thought about buying, but now that I have one, it's going to make a great watch pocket knife.... Thanks, Jeremy.

He thought it would make a good knife for a teacher to carry at work and I think he's right.
It wasn't something I thought about buying, but now that I have one, it's going to make a great watch pocket knife.... Thanks, Jeremy.
Happy to help. Hope you enjoy it.

They are great little knives and they fit in the hand very nicely . I think you are going to enjoy John . That is a very nice gift from Jeremy sbh06 sbh06

Harry

Came across somebody who had a mint in box 1990 Camillus-made Remington Tracker in "440 stainless". I already had one in 0170-6C, but wanted the 440A version. Well heat-treated 440A is a great knife steel for everyday knives, and it's hard to find anymore. I really like this pattern. Very comfortable in the hand and with a blade shape to die for. Too big for what I like to carry in my pocket, but for the moment I'm using a sheath from another knife and it's on my hip.
Edited to add:
As with most other things, there's somebody on the internet who tracks Remington reproduction knives. He has this description:
990 Remington Bullet Pattern R1306
Type: Tracker -
Blades: 1 -Type: Clip 3-1/2 Lockback.
Handle: Shaped, single nickel silver bolster.
Material: Delrin, stag textured surface.
Markings: Remington circle - Where: Shank end of blade.
Pattern: R1306 - Where: Shank end of blade, dated 1990.
Etching: Remington trademark - Where: Side of blade.
Length Closed: 4-3/8" - Overall Length: 7-7/8"
Comments: This is the tenth issue in the new issue Bullets. It, as usual, is a close copy of the original R1306. The Delrin is attractive and it is much more durable than the natural Stag. Except for R1128, all of the new issues have had Delrin and all of them have had stainless steel blades. It's hard to make a more durable knife than that. Manufactured by Camillus

Pur5XOz.jpg

Last edited:
Back