Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I have never seen one of these, what is the name or model number please.
These Schrade Fire & Ice lever autos were made by Great Eastern for a few years around 2008-13 in various covers for Taylor Brands. A few of the covers included stag, smooth white bone, honey brown bone, light and dark red, abalone, acrylic, ebony…and a couple others I can’t recall. Production ranged from around 30-80 in the various covers. They are made on the GEC #73 frame. Super smooth, perfect action on the two that I have...and fairly difficult to find nowadays. Here’s my other one…
2C5E1B9F-93BC-4F1C-A891-CA6F8EBFF583.jpeg

image-67129857.jpg

Just received this one

I've never been a fan of the trapper pattern, but there is nothing to dislike about this Black Box Winchester. Found it at a junk store. Nice stiff pulls, tight construction, and beautiful jigging. In it's heyday Queen could put out a knife at least on par with the best traditional manufacturers today.
1091175221_o.jpg

Won on Thursday. It arrived a few days early. I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday.
It has gone from the tube to my pocket, where it is going to stay for at last the rest of the month.
View attachment 1633857
View attachment 1633859
You won't regret it. I have one in micarta. The quintessential pocket knife. Probably my most carried in the last 3 years.

This 1991 Remington R1178 Mini Trapper with brown jigged bone covers came in yesterday's mail. Ran across it while cruising the net and thought it'd make a nice addition to my Bullet Knives. Very nice jigged bone on this one and I like the Muskrat Clip blade.

1630857539589.png
1630857775966.png
1630857865257.png

Last edited:
Fortunate to find another of these marvels of engineering.
View attachment 1633283

These Schrade Fire & Ice lever autos were made by Great Eastern for a few years around 2008-13 in various covers for Taylor Brands. A few of the covers included stag, smooth white bone, honey brown bone, light and dark red, abalone, acrylic, ebony…and a couple others I can’t recall. Production ranged from around 30-80 in the various covers. They are made on the GEC #73 frame. Super smooth, perfect action on the two that I have...and fairly difficult to find nowadays. Here’s my other one…
View attachment 1633352

Can we request an 'action' video pleaese? They look amazing!

That is really cool! I haven’t even seen one of those before and you are on your second lol. I have so much to learn!! 🤣

I got three in while out of town, and have only had time to get pics of two of them... first is a Case half whittler in buff horn, TruSharp... the horn has a lot more character than I've seen in most of Case horn knives.... I really like it....

ZwHH2k.jpg

ZwHlCx.jpg

ZwHzSH.jpg

and the second one... I finally got a Crown lifter... a sheepfoot in ebony. The ebony is very nice, with dark brown "highlights" through both sides... another winner, in my book!

ZwHpqa.jpg

ZwH7Ye.jpg

Back