Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Finally had a moment to take a break from house renovations to snap a pic of my newbys in the past two weeks, the S&M heritage was a really awesome addition!
giBEVF6l.jpg
Looks Good

View attachment 1639562
Here’s some more of last weeks mail that I just had a chance to take a photo of. The 38 is technically the first piece in my daughters collection. She was born a month ago on the 15th. I was really happy to grab that as her first.
The pocket carver I had been hunting for a while but looking for a good price so happy I was able to land that. The Remington was easy to grab so I had to get one in to check out. It’s a tank! Great looking knife overall that will be a workhorse for sure.
Very Nice

Drew, it looks good on you! Technically, it's a fancy cattle knife, but I think of it as a Eureka frame, though slightly altered.
Yes! I'm very pleased with it.... meant to send you a msg, but got tied up in the Forum Knife whirlwind... it's a great knife, and is getting smoother every time I "cycle" it.... I touched the edges just a bit on a hard Arkansas stone, and it's good to go.... personally, I think I may have stolen it from you.... :D
I'll try to get it broken in.... it may spend several days in the pocket before it gets cycled around....
I see what you mean about the Eureka frame... I like those, and had not made the connection on this one....

New dress for the Queen!
[..]
Thanks to Âchillepattada, she made a trip to Sardinia to receive new covers in micarta. And some tweaks to make her at long least a decent knife. A new life!

Before
A tiny flaw... 😡

...And back from this year's holidays. ️😅
A trip to Roma area , not Sardinia. Just to give back to Jules what belongs to Cesar 😂😂😂

Â

So, a little while back I was reading some thread somewhere around here and Modoc Ed shared pictures of the Remington Lumberjack he was toting that day. Well, I took a liking to that knife and without much trouble, found myself a NOS example.
This is one on the things I like so much about the porch. All kinds of knife information is freely shared - even when it wasn’t asked for. The honest spirit of willingness to abet a fellow traveler with his/her knife addiction is pretty OK too. I’ve learned a lot here.
So now I’ve got a lumberjack, made by Camillus I’m told, and it’s nice. No slovenly assembly or workmanship is noticeable to me. The paperwork says the covers are imitation cocobola. Maybe so, but it looks much more realistic that the Altamont Dymond wood stuff I’m accustomed to with revolver grips and Buck fixed blades. This stuff looks like wood, maybe it’s been dyed to look right?
440a steel is OK with me. The clip is sharp but the spey could use a touch up - that, I can handle. Almost feels like one of my #86s in the hand.
Kinda makes me want to veer off on another accumulation tangent…

Thanks Ed for showing your knife & thanks to the porch too! Y’all have helped to take some of the edge off all the crazy going on in the world in 2020/21 for me and I’m grateful.

GP79737F6D-B017-4660-BBEE-6CB941C1D322.jpeg8ACC1DDD-0553-41C8-A858-7217D42733AB.jpeg96D00FEE-C2F6-4023-BC5E-BF6C4338261E.jpeg

So, a little while back I was reading some thread somewhere around here and Modoc Ed shared pictures of the Remington Lumberjack he was toting that day. Well, I took a liking to that knife and without much trouble, found myself a NOS example.
This is one on the things I like so much about the porch. All kinds of knife information is freely shared - even when it wasn’t asked for. The honest spirit of willingness to abet a fellow traveler with his/her knife addiction is pretty OK too. I’ve learned a lot here.
So now I’ve got a lumberjack, made by Camillus I’m told, and it’s nice. No slovenly assembly or workmanship is noticeable to me. The paperwork says the covers are imitation cocobola. Maybe so, but it looks much more realistic that the Altamont Dymond wood stuff I’m accustomed to with revolver grips and Buck fixed blades. This stuff looks like wood, maybe it’s been dyed to look right?
440a steel is OK with me. The clip is sharp but the spey could use a touch up - that, I can handle. Almost feels like one of my #86s in the hand.
Kinda makes me want to veer off on another accumulation tangent…

Thanks Ed for showing your knife & thanks to the porch too! Y’all have helped to take some of the edge off all the crazy going on in the world in 2020/21 for me and I’m grateful.

GPView attachment 1646061View attachment 1646062View attachment 1646063
Well said....

..... and, nice knife! :)

Back