Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A nice little twist on the Buck 500 Duke.

This one features a barehead construction with Desert Ironwood covers, S30V steel, swedge, long pull, and stainless steel bolster. :)

w7CfZw0.jpg

DrhaSXm.jpg

m6eBL8e.jpg

Jer

Love those Imperial metal Boy's knives. Have about a dozen of them. Use to stop by a 5 and 10 cent store on my way home from elementary school and buy about one a month or so. Maybe cost a quarter or fifty cents then. (Yes, I spent a lot of years in elementary school 🤓 )

Jer

Love those Imperial metal Boy's knives. Have about a dozen of them. Use to stop by a 5 and 10 cent store on my way home from elementary school and buy about one a month or so. Maybe cost a quarter or fifty cents then. (Yes, I spent a lot of years in elementary school 🤓 )

They are great. So cheap and so good. I never saw them as a kid. I have probably around a half dozen, a couple being two-bladed.

A nice mail call yesterday from our very own JohnDF JohnDF . I reached out to John as I was keen to acquire one of his slips and we agreed a trade for the slip and this wonderful case from 1975. Great craftmanship on the slip John, I am delighted with it. It is the ideal size for a host of my knives but it seems to be perfect for my GEC mustang.

The knife is great as well. It is the oldest case knife I have handled and it is in fantastic condition for its age. They sure don't make them like they used to;)

On a side note by the time the package reached me in the UK it had split open but amazingly the contents were still intact. Good to see there are still some honest folks out there.

Many thanks for the trade, John 🤝👍

FJIMG-20211024-140934.jpg

FJIMG-20211024-141130.jpg

A nice mail call yesterday from our very own JohnDF JohnDF . I reached out to John as I was keen to acquire one of his slips and we agreed a trade for the slip and this wonderful case from 1975. Great craftmanship on the slip John, I am delighted with it. It is the ideal size for a host of my knives but it seems to be perfect for my GEC mustang.

The knife is great as well. It is the oldest case knife I have handled and it is in fantastic condition for its age. They sure don't make them like they used to;)

On a side note by the time the package reached me in the UK it had split open but amazingly the contents were still intact. Good to see there are still some honest folks out there.

Those old Case copperheads are wonderful knives 😍

Congrats on the Trade , the Slip , and the Case . You are now officially a Member of the JohnDF JohnDF Slip Club my friend .

Harry

So happy it arrived safely, I'm very nervous about shipping internationally these days.
I'm also happy you like the slip and the knife, Hope you enjoy them for years to come, my friend. 🤠 :thumbsup:
I will indeed John 🙏
Those old Case copperheads are wonderful knives 😍
They sure are:thumbsup:
Congrats on the Trade , the Slip , and the Case . You are now officially a Member of the JohnDF JohnDF Slip Club my friend .

Harry
😀 Thanks for the welcome Harry!

"The stars at niiiiiight, are big and briiiiighhht, deep in the heart of...."

BYz1zAY.jpg

Here she is next to some common #86 for scale comparison:

MMl8d4O.jpg

Wow! 😲😲😲

(Did you have to sell a kidney?) 😉😁

I'm glad you scooped up that 62 - if I didn't already have one in pretty nice stag, I would have been envious, for sure.

Many moons ago, I had a nice 66 in Stag. Since I had not quite developed an affinity for the material, I foolishly let it go to fund a different knife at the time. I have regretted that ever since and have been seeking one to replace it for a long time. Seeing that one on the Exchange the other day was like getting an early birthday present - being quick enough to nab was just the bow on top. It should get in tomorrow I think and then I am looking forward to getting acquainted with it.

In the spirit of this thread - I just got this in today. My first 14 TC (thanks again, Mark! @Ramrodmb). It's nice to add to my Barlow lineup. I think I just need to find a Tidioute #25 Barlow to round out the assortment, an example of every type of Barlow bolster GEC has used.

eNASNnH.jpg

That’s a great addition, Dylan! :thumbsup: That one might be my favorite #14 TC.

I got this one in the mail the other day, a gift from Jolipapa Jolipapa . Traditional Hungarian pattern (Fejesgörbe), made by László Papp.

r0sgir6.jpg

TB1qB7n.jpg

I'm very nervous about shipping internationally these days.
And so you should be my friend, so you should be. It is a genuine lottery and crab shoot at the moment, so much so USPS have stopped parcel delivery to here. I just had a very nervous experience and wait on a knife i have been chasing for ages, don't want to go through that again. I would be very dubious about posting anything overseas from now on, on top of everything else you will run into the Christmas rush.

I've been too busy with work and house projects to post any pics for a while now, so I'll catch up today. Haven't been too busy to grab a couple of new knives ;)

First is a Case Eisenhower. I seem to be gravitating to small knives lately.
xBgJZ9fl.jpg

edgl4XSl.jpg

Next is an older Queen Canoe
nldFzTMl.jpg

Yet another small Robeson. I'm a sucker for Pearl handles.
H2SP5lul.jpg

A Schlechten Lobster with horn handles. I haven't found much info about this company, but I like the knife.
oa3YETwl.jpg

Finally, a Boker TL-29.
6ztdpuml.jpg

This one arrived today and I’m grateful to keep the annual sets going from AAPK as well as this fine Forum. Still need to get a good pic of the BF 86, but the opportunity was there for this pic today, so here’s the latest acquisition.
24339114-920E-474C-8CE1-BC7A734769C8.jpeg

Back