Your opinion about Nesmuk Knives?

Hello everybody!

I am passionate fan of the knife manufactory Nesmuk from Germany. They are forging - in my opinion - real masterpieces; completely handcrafted, out of high-performance steels. They use especially developed coatings for their blades (DLC - diamond-like Carbon and also the new DIAMOR) which allow new dimensions of sharpness and cutting peformance.

But my question (and the reason why I applied to your great BladeForums) is:
What do YOU think of Nesmuk? Have you even heard about the "young" german manufactory and their special chef's knives?

Opinions differ in the question if Nesmuk is just a "good marketing" (luxury brand, well-known chefs as ambassodors) or if it is really different to most of the other forges...

I really would appreciate if you as experienced experts have a look and will tell me your opinion?

Last edited:
@EricV: Yes, you are right - it's definetly a strange thing with the brand name...no idea!

@marcinek: I' m sorry, I have to disappoint you...no representative, only fan from the very beginning on - and REALLY interested in your opinions! The link is just for information for those who don't know Nesmuk knives yet and to get the discussion started... Hope you understand!

Never heard of them. The knives look interesting. Are they distributed in the US? Do you have one and if so, how does it perform?

The blade shapes sure look like they are based upon the Nessmuk style, just modern updates, thus not as ugly or with the severe scandi grind that the "wilderness adventure" crowd enjoy.

I don't get it, none of the knives seem Nessmuk inspired to me? :confused: :confused:

BhWaNsd.jpg

Nessmuk

Is Nesmuk a German name or word?

Big Mike

Back