Your other hobbies

Starting to get back into gym climbing now that I have access to a gym again. can't be stuffed doing any actual fitness stuff, but my job keeps me moving, and this job involves less stupid heavy lifting so surprise surprise, no more bad back!

Other than that any chance to get a line in the water I'm a happy guy. Gotta get a skid plate put under my Grand Vitara so I can run up the beach to the good spots. Gotta love a place that just puts out the speed limit signs, calls it a road, if you can make it, good. If not... better luck next time! I learned this week that its 250$ for the auto-club to send out a recovery truck to you off-road. 500$ if your tire pressure is still at highway level when they get to you!

I live out here in the sticks, and the acreage keeps me pretty busy. I farm part time as well, so being on the business end of a wrench or a welder, or behind the controls of a tractor or atv, all keep me pretty busy.

Guns, motorcycles, and playing bass guitar (or learning to). Skateboards for a while, but they seem to be taking a break.

My job has me going to school as a full-time student for the next three years, so right now my hobbies are very limited due to time constraints.
Other than researching, accumulating, and sharpening knives, I like to lift at the gym for exercise and to zone out: mostly just bench, deadlift, and squat, over and over.

I read…..a lot. Politics, philosophy, spirituality, economics, history, etc., etc..

I've had various hobbies since I was a kid...

I started out racing Moto-X when I was very young. Then got into Team Roping, which was natural because I grew up with horses.

Then it progressed into cars in the mid 70's. Muscle cars and early Corvettes, which led to SCCA Road Racing. Then it was building and racing Stock Cars, and Winged Sprint cars.

For about 10 years or so, I was very heavily into collecting vintage Winchesters and Colts. From about 2000-2005 I was involved in competitive pistol
shooting. Mostly Glock sanctioned events.

Now my life has become rather boring. The only thing I really do now is archery hunt for deer and elk, go camping, and do a little fishing...

This...keeps me in shape.

JELIUhN.jpg

Unfortunately....this keeps me in shape.................

H_USPS_Logo.jpg

I hike and bike with the family when we can. :thumbup: Archery is probably my next biggest hobby.

This...keeps me in shape.

JELIUhN.jpg

YES...

Same here. Mountain Biking is my #1 hobby/passion. I love everything about mountain bikes.

For many years I was an editor for a popular online MTB site. With my day job just couldn't find the time to do that anymore since going to media camps would require me to take many days off work. Now I just ride and do some occasional testing for local bike companies.

Bikes are cool and yes they keep you in shape - as long as you stay ON your bike. I've suffered my wort injuries biking (that's after playing high level competitive hockey for 15 years)

YES...

Same here. Mountain Biking is my #1 hobby/passion. I love everything about mountain bikes.

For many years I was an editor for a popular online MTB site. With my day job just couldn't find the time to do that anymore since going to media camps would require me to take many days off work. Now I just ride and do some occasional testing for local bike companies.

Bikes are cool and yes they keep you in shape - as long as you stay ON your bike. I've suffered my wort injuries biking (that's after playing high level competitive hockey for 15 years)

It's funny you mention that.
I did my first ride today after a faceplant on rock last Saturday. 8 Stitches under my eye, a concussion, and my neck was pushed back so far I thought I broke it. Still sore.
Today's ride was low and slow just to test the water. Not too bad but a screaming headache by the end of it. Guess I should listen to my doctor??

It's funny you mention that.
I did my first ride today after a faceplant on rock last Saturday. 8 Stitches under my eye, a concussion, and my neck was pushed back so far I thought I broke it. Still sore.
Today's ride was low and slow just to test the water. Not too bad but a screaming headache by the end of it. Guess I should listen to my doctor??

Glad you are back on your bike. Any injuries to the head/neck shouldn't be taken lightly. If you had a concussion, I would ease into it very slowly - you really don't want to hit your head again.

Ride on!

Knife collecting may just be one of my least expensive hobbies. But according to my wife, I'm out-o-control. ;)

Sharpening
Shooting (paper, steel & clay)
Reloading
Leatherwork (holster & sheath)
Riding (Mostly on road, some off)
Flying (Pilot, Paraglide)
Flying (Pilot, single engine airplane)
Flying (traction kites, stunt kites)
Rock Climbing (though not in a few years)
Day Trading (though I suck at it)
Scuba Diving (not anymore since finding hole in heart)
Jewelry (just started to learn how to pound rings out of silver bullion)

Man guys all really cool stuff heck make me want to start doing other things. Along with my reef tanks I fish and hunt religiously.

I "NEED" to limit my hobbies because I don't have enough time or funds to do all the things I'd like to do.

LOL

I "NEED" to limit my hobbies because I don't have enough time or funds to do all the things I'd like to do.

LOL

I have plenty of time and just enough money to get in all the trouble I "NEED". ;)

Bar, best to keep that cranial pressure down until you heal up a bit. I've worked with hockey players with chronic concussion syndrome. Not fun, it would make typing witty comments really hard.

I like to do some woodworking when I have time, around work and college. I enjoy working on my truck, and keeping it clean/looking nice. I enjoy reading, but college has taken the fun out of that for the most part... I'm just starting to get into guns, have a Remington 870, and am working on getting a S&W M&P for my 21st in February.

Bar, best to keep that cranial pressure down until you heal up a bit. I've worked with hockey players with chronic concussion syndrome. Not fun, it would make typing witty comments really hard.

I really felt it yesterday and agree, thank you.
I'll get some easy mileage on my trainer in front of the TV till the headache goes away.

Back