Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dergyll

Gold Member
How did all your Covid-19 shots go?

Most of my coworkers took the day off and complained of drowsiness and/or massively sore shoulders...especially the 2nd shot.

My age group is just ramping up, but definitely not looking forward it :confused:

First shot was Friday at noon , Saturday by around 5pm I felt like I was getting sick .. took a half hour nap and felt better .... noticed nothing else

I had both shots of Pfizer, and had no symptoms. I'm 59. I know a guy my age who felt "sick" and wanted to lay around and do nothing after his 2nd shot. Mrs. Powernoodle had a 101 degree temperature for 2 days after her 2nd Moderna shot. She did not feel good, but it was not terrible. My 83 year old mother had no symptoms after 2 injections of Moderna.

My view is this: the Chinese virus can be far, far worse than the vaccine especially in the 50+ age group. So if one feels a little bad after the 2nd vaccine, that's a small price to pay. Consider fostering a spirit of gratitude rather than trepidation about the vaccine. And everything else for that matter.

:thumbsup:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/7/22371665/covid-vaccine-side-effects-moderna-pfizer

Get the shots!! I got the dang covid last April, it damn near killed me and I have what may be permanent lung damage from it. My first Moderna shot I just had a sore arm at injection point for a couple of days. Second shot was fine the day of the shot, next day I felt groggy and very tired even after a good night's sleep. Next day woke up feeling fine. The soreness at the injection site was lesser for my second shot. My sister felt ill for a day and a half after her second dose of Moderna but her husband had no side effects from his.

Oh I'll get it for sure, my workplace pretty much requires it once you get an appointment (Medical Manufacturer).

Also, really want to start traveling a little and I hear the vaccine will make it easier.

Thanks for the responses guys!

1st Pfizer shot-a bit of a sore arm
2nd- about 12 hours latter(during the night ) I developed minor chills. By morning I got rid of the chills but had body ache and head ache. All was gone by that night.
It wasn't fun, but not that bad and over soon enough and now I have completed my vaccination.
I recommend getting it
age 67

Pfizer-BionTech vaccine

First shot: no initial reaction, muscle soreness where injected 4 hours later like a typical flu shot. Five hours later, muscle cramping and fatigue; no fever, joint pain or difficulty breathing. NSAIDs and acetaminophen are not recommended before or after vaccination, so I went to bed without and had no trouble sleeping. I was fatigued the following day but did everything on my calendar. Muscle soreness where injected lasted three days.

Second shot: same reactions as the first shot but weaker. Muscle soreness where injected lasted one day.

Pfizer. Nothing at all after the first shot. Some muscle aches and minor fever symptoms in the evening the day after the 2nd shot.

Had the Moderna, and first shot had no effect. Second shot kicked my ass!.

Woke up the day after the second with a mind blowing headache like the worst hangover I ever had. Pain and ache in joints, some chills and slight fever. The day after I was fine when I woke up. Okay, for one day of feeling like crap, I'll take that over the covid anyway! My cousin had the covid, and it damm near killed him. Got so bad, he told his wife Kelli that he loved her, thinking he wasn't going to make it. After 3 months he still can't walk upstairs to the bedroom. Has lung damage that is permanent.

Yeah, get the shots. The virus is way worse!!!!!

I got the J&J Jansen single shot last Wednesday. No achy arm, but yesterday and today
I had a feeling I lost sleep. I hope I feel better tomorrow,Saturday, as I am going to
Wanenmacher Gun show in Tulsa. It takes two days to do it right, but I only go
2/3 of a day and hustle to see and find what I can.

Getting shots up here in Canada is problematic so if you do get a shot your primary emotion is surprise.
Most people feel nothing but localized pain but some people on Pfizer are sick for a day: some on the first shot, some on the second.
My first shot felt like nothing. I was a little worried after a week but the government doctor assures me the gills were always there, so I'm fine.

Had my first shot of Moderna last month. Supposed to get my next one next Friday. Made my arm sore as hell just like a tetanus shot but that’s it.

All you schmoes out there dragging your feet on the vaccine - you’re the reason we can’t have nice things. You’re gonna be on the sidelines this summer while we’re riding the water slides... either that or laid up with Covid-19.

Got the moderna
#1 sore arm
#2 sore arm for a week & fatigue

the Mrs got the moderna
#1 sore arm, fever, felt the house was spinning, flu like symptoms ask a nurse recommended emergency, but Mrs refused
#2 sore arm & fatigue

Phiser vacation here. No reaction to the first shot. Second shot, I got a Charlie horse in left shoulder blade. Went up my neck, so it hurt to turn my head either way.

Lasted about two days.

That was about it for me. That happened the following day.

Wife had a reaction from her second shot. Felt sick for a few days. Like a medium flu.

Most of my family had no reaction.

l you schmoes out there dragging your feet on the vaccine - you’re the reason we can’t have nice things. You’re gonna be on the sidelines this summer while we’re riding the water slides... either that or laid up with Covid-19.
I've been called worse than a schmoe in my life...
My reason for dragging my feet was good enough for me (not interested in discussing it); though I finally got my shot a couple days ago.

Well, we knew that the anti-mask crowd wasn't going to be lining up for it. Nor were the anti-vax people. Then there are the ones that still don't think covid is a real thing; obviously they weren't going for it.
Still, I won't condemn anybody for dragging their feet on this particular vaccine. Emergency approval is not the same as approved. There are still a LOT of unanswered questions, and no long-term testing has been done. They're playing on fears and frustrations to push the vaccine.
FWIW, I had first round eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back