Your Perfect GSO Combination and Why?

So whats your opinion on, if you could only have two survive knives, which and why. (I know how sad) (I know it will never happen) (etc, etc, etc)

The two I have ordered are the 4.5 Bushcraft and the GSO-8.

4.5 secondary to thinner stock and ergonomics they discuss for prolonged use.
8 as my meat and potatoes, do EVERYTHING blade, especially for extended backpacking trips. (ability to leave other tools behind, axe, saws, etc)

Since you're going off of what you ordered, I'll do the same :)

I'd say 4.1 + 10 with similar reasoning as your pics. 4.1 for small jobs and the 10 for the chopping and batoning.

I have a 7/7 in the queue and I picked a 4.1 as its companion. Maybe later on I might replace the 7/7 with an 8. I am also waiting for the 5.1 to be delivered so I would probably get a 3.5 to go with it.

I'm really hoping my perfect combo will be the GSO 8 and the 3.5 with the 2.7 in a pocket sheath or as a neck carry. Backup backups are always good.

I think that the 4.5 and 8 will make just about a do anything combination. I have a plethora of bushcraft blades from another maker that range from 3.5 to 5 inches, hence I have not ordered a GSO 4.5. But I do have a GSO 8 on order. I find that the GSO 10 is a little too large for my liking to carry on my belt, hence it is normally in or on a pack. I think that the GSO 8 will be just small enough to ride more comfortably on the belt, hence more likely to be with me when I need a large blade compared to the GSO 10.

In my mind a knife does not take the place of a folding saw or an axe well. But it will do what those other two tools will do when it has to, and it will do so in a weight efficient manner.

This combo suits me extremely well. 3.5 & 6 attached to each other with a sagewoodgear belt loop.

32e670d1e2bc44dd88801cb238d91c22.jpg

But if I could ONLY have 2 I'd opt to switch the 4.1 out for the 3.5 and MAYBE swap the 6 for the 12. That'd be my TEOTWAWKI combo anyway :)

I have a 7/7 and 3.5 on order. I also intend on ordering a 4.5. I have a 5.1 and necker II as my carry right now and so far have had no issues. I think I would have to have my 7/7 and 4.5 with my 5.1 and 3.5 in pack as back up.

I already have it. 5.1 and a 3.5. I pair this with a folding saw and one of my many tomahawks and I have everything covered.

4.5 & 5.1, since they will be the 2 i own, along with my right hand to karate chop whatever they cant handle.

Oz for oz, a folding saw may pack the most punch as far as a wood processing tool goes. I would love to snag a folding saw from you guys. I think it is a smart idea to carry and sell gear that compliments your product line. Especially since you dont need to manufacture it. Just turn a small profit. Ide sell fire steels, small stoves, some sharpening / maintenance equipment and maybe even a selection of pouches that are compatible with your sheathes. Obviously, there is some overhead that goes along with keeping items in stock, but if it keeps some extra money in the bank its all good. I'de personally love to buy my little camping/survival accessories from you guys. Hell some Nalgene water bottles or those stainless kleen canteens with the survive fire mountain logo on em would sell great!

Keeping this topic on track... I want a 4.5 to add to my 5.1 combo.

Back