Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a major teaching hospital and haven't gotten it yet. No patient care, so I wasn't priority. I have been eligible to get it for a couple weeks now, and they keep sending me emails saying to schedule it, but also when I go to do that they say there's no available appointments between today's date and forever, so there's that.

First Pfizer shot today, feels like getting the flu shot so far, a tiny bit of arm soreness.

Congratulations, it sounds like you worked for it! Did you get vaccinated at work or elsewhere?

Congratulations, it sounds like you worked for it! Did you get vaccinated at work or elsewhere?

Not literally at work, since I work from home 100% now, but through my employer. They are doing the majority of the area vaccination, I think.

I got my first covid shot (Moderna) two and a half weeks ago and I was sitting there waiting for the shot, not realizing she had already done it. I thought she’d just done the alcohol prep. Easily the most painless shot I’ve ever had. My arm was slightly sore a couple of days later and that was it. The DTaP shot I had a month earlier probably made my arm at least twice as sore for twice as long.

No side effects other than the slightly sore arm. We'll see how the second shot goes in about a week and a half.

My friend just got his first Pfizer dose and said his whole arm felt "tingly" for about 24 hours but that was the only symptom. Funny how it affects everyone differently.

Two days after my second Pfizer shot , about 46 hours to be exact, and I’m still doing fine. No symptoms other than the injection sight being a little soar for 24 hours or so. I’m feeling lucky. ;)

Moderna, here. The shot was painless. My shoulder was bit sore but only if I lifted it. Next day, though, I was exhausted by 3:00 had minor chills and aches. It was all gone by the next day but still tired. Felt fine after that. I get the second shot in a week.

My wife had the Moderna shot yesterday. Her experience has been pretty similar to mine. She said the shot was almost completely painless and her arm has been sore. She said she couldn't sleep on that side last night and that it's more sore today than when she got her DTaP vaccine, which I found interesting since the DTaP was easily the worst of the two for me.

Both my wife and I had Covid in March of last year and we were told the second shot can hit you hard if you still have antibodies in your system. I get my second shot at the end of this week, so we'll see how that goes.

About 7 hrs after my 2nd moderna shot, i became quite tired and and headed to bed early(for me) at 8pm instead of 1030 as usual.
slept 12 hrs, which is about 5 more than usual and woke up with a mild headache and I am not a headache guy.
body was moderately sore all over, like had helped someone move into a new house the day before, not BAD, but like you may feel after the first full day of hard yardwork the spring. this was not normal for me, as I basically feel good all the time. So, I took some Ibuprofen and Tylenol and lounged around all day and watched some idiot box and napped. By 8pm I felt totally normal.
site of shot red an a little puffy for a couple days

Wife had second Mederna yesterday am, by 6pm she was having shakes, nauseated, and chills. She got a little sleep and tried to go in to work but had to leave after an hour. Back to bed with aches, chills, and nausea.

First Pfizer shot today, feels like getting the flu shot so far, a tiny bit of arm soreness.

Had my first Pfizer shot 5 days ago. Had a sore arm the 2nd day but the soreness was almost gone by the 3rd day. Never felt the needle going in even though I watched them do it.

Both Moderna in me now. First one was nothing more than a sore arm. I could move it all around no issues but the entry spot was tender for 3 or 4 days. I bumped it at the ed of the 2nd day o_O - I was really surprised how much it hurt because otherwise there was just a general ache in that one spot.

2nd shot at 4PM and the next day by 10 am I felt I was slogging through mud - working outside (no mud in sight). I took 2 Ibuprofen at 11 am and within and hour I was completely up and at em normal the rest of the day. Took a few more Ibuprofen before bed and that was the end of any side effects - OTHER - than the same sore arm for 3 or 4 days. Again not movement restriction - just a tender muscle. If I left it alone I had no issues.

My wife went through both shots without a complaint other than a tender arm muscle.

Isn't that part crazy? Never had a painless shot before this. Kind of weird.

I think needle technology has advanced. When donating blood the needles don't hurt as much as they used to and blood draws for labs are nearly painless.

So I received moderna, first shot nothing except sore arm. Kinda like when my friends older brother use to punch me in the arm lol.
Received my second shot yesterday about 10:30 am. Was fine all day / night , even went to movies. Today just a little foggy and tired , slight headache. But nothing major :)

I've had both Pfizer shots. Some mild soreness in the shoulder from the first one, same... but less so, for the second one. Nothing else.

Moderna here. Got both shots in early Feb & Mar. No reaction except pain at shot site; worst the 1st time than 2nd.

My GF got 2 shots of Pfizer. No problem for her either.

I'm 70 and my GF is 69. They say that "younger" people have greater side effects because they have stronger immune systems/responses.

Last edited:
Got my second shot of Moderna over two weeks ago. My son got his second last Thursday, and my wife got her second last Tuesday, but she got pfizer.

I felt slightly disoriented the day I got the shot, next day felt like dogsh!t. Just sore and tired, like a bad cold or mild flu. Also had no appetite at all. Son had the same result. We both had bad soreness at the injection site. Wife had zero side effects except for the sore arm.

For any of you doubters out there, the vaccines work. Proof positive, right here:

That’s a Covid antibody test. The IgG is the long term antibodies and the IgM is the short term. C is the control.

The Dr. said the long term antibodies showed up through the roof. He said "damn, you must've had covid really bad!" Then he said "wait, did you get the vaccine? Because that would show the same result". I told him I had and he said that was the reason for the strong antibody response.

He said the short term antibody line was faint, but that it was still there and any at all counts. So, I'm fully protected. Pretty cool to know for sure.

Both first and second Mondrna gave me chills and bad body aches the second day then almost back to normal by the third day. Had COVID positive test Dec 2, 2020 and only had a mild cough for two weeks. Vaccine was worse than COVID for me...

Just got my second shot a couple of hours ago. No soreness in the arm this time yet, but I've been feeling super warm/flushed for the last 30 minutes or so and have had a dry mouth.

The wife and I both tested positive for Covid last year, so the doc says the second vaccine may be a little rough on the second day. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back