Pocket organizers and pocket organizer setups

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Let's see your pocket organizer set up and hear your thoughts on them in general.

I have really come to appreciate pocket organizers , and while I've realized there's no such thing as a perfect pocket organizer I do have some requirements.

1 is size, it has to be a size that carries well but also doesn't shift around a lot in my pocket.

2 I absolutely have to be able to retrieve my knife without taking the organizer out of my pocket , less important but even better is if I can do the same with my pen and multitool.

3 it has to be well suited to carrying the small items I carry , and has to be a bit forgiving as the items I carry are subject to change.

Currently I'm using this little GATURA pocket organizer I recently got in, and it's definitely an improvement over the oversized maxpedition micro.

In the front ( intended to be the back) I have this weeks pocket knife my pen, and my multitool. I keep a thick scrap of leather in there to put my multitool at an accessible position.

In what I consider the back I keep my pry bar ( modified dasco pro ) and a spare key for my locker at work.

Inside on the right I have a Vic classic for the scissors, a permapic, 2ml lense cleaning spray, and a micro brass top I made for some occasional boredom relief.

On the left I keep a mini notebook, microfiber lense cloth, fresnel lense, a few bandages, and a couple spare little gate clips.

Here's everything laid out.

Nobody else carries a pocket organizer ?

OK, here's what I put together a while ago inspired by some examples I've seen here on BF. All tools are "brand name". In the front is a Stanley eight foot tape measure. Inside left are: ceramic sharpening rod, Opinel mini steel, Channellocks, Crescent wrench, Band-aids. Inside right are: Vice Grips, Victorinox Tinker, paper, pencil, rechargeable LED flashlight, DMT 325 grit diamond sharpener.

50090476658_8ea6374949_b.jpg

50091291702_3dfedfa483_b.jpg

50091057281_47a89f0308_b.jpg

OK, here's what I put together a while ago inspired by some examples I've seen here on BF. All tools are "brand name". In the front is a Stanley eight foot tape measure. Inside left are: ceramic sharpening rod, Opinel mini steel, Channellocks, Crescent wrench, Band-aids. Inside right are: Vice Grips, Victorinox Tinker, paper, pencil, rechargeable LED flashlight, DMT 325 grit diamond sharpener.

50090476658_8ea6374949_b.jpg

50091291702_3dfedfa483_b.jpg

50091057281_47a89f0308_b.jpg

Those Channellock #424 ignition pliers are great.
I no longer carry them after going to my little GATURA which they do not fit in, but I do still carry my little MAC AW4 adjustable just of course no longer in my organizer.

I have an older vintage version of that little Stanley tape in my small tool pouch in my locker at work.

I almost always have this with me, Maxpediton Micro.

Left side.
Bandaids and such behind the flashlight.
Flashlight, spare AA battery, lip balm.

Right side.
Write in the Rain pad, Fisher Space Pen, blade of some kind(usually an SAK)

me8sT6z.jpg

I like organizers:)
vTetWyN.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I made a slight addition to mine. I just remembered that I have a Firefly firestarter rod in the Vic Tinker, so I put a few cotton balls into the pocket on the left side next to the Band-aids. I've found that the Firefly will readily ignite a fluffed up cotton ball.

Mine is from OffChutes and made of repurposed paraglider material. Although real light weight material, it has lasted better than a couple different cordura pouches.
I don’t have a picture of what is in the pocket but it includes a basic booboo kit to include otc medicines, some personal hygiene items, pen, duck tape, super glue, etc.
2F69C44E-A67E-4DE8-AEFF-A24622EB9C0D.jpeg

I use my pockets for other things, but I do keep a Maxpedition AA battery pouch on my belt 99% of the time. It holds odds and ends, but usually carries a MT, mini tape measurer, bandaids and alcohol, lighter, whistle, lip balm, pen, etc.

I use my pockets for other things, but I do keep a Maxpedition AA battery pouch on my belt 99% of the time. It holds odds and ends, but usually carries a MT, mini tape measurer, bandaids and alcohol, lighter, whistle, lip balm, pen, etc.
I used to use a belt pouch, but started to use that for the few tools I carry on me at work and just got used to having nothing but a belt knife on my belt when I'm not at work.
Eventually went to a pocket organizer and it's worked out pretty well for me.

I've still not found anything perfect but this little gatura is the best so far.

it has lasted better than a couple different cordura pouches.
View attachment 1387092

Cordura (or whatever similar materials) is overrated in my opinion. They get torn from folded edges, and are really prone for ripping of accidental pokes from sharp objects. On top of that it's really uncomfortable for bags. This is of course just unpopular opinion.

I don't carry that much where I need an organizer. A Chapstick, a SAK Executive, a Benchmade Bugout clipped to the other pocket, my phone and a small credit card/ID style wallet. Often a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. Oh, and a handkerchief in the back pocket. Everything else is front pants pockets and shirt pocket (phone, usually). But going to Costco and the grocery store doesn't require much in the way of EDC...

I have been carrying a maxpedition micro for a few months now and like it a lot. I try to keep it minimal so it’s not too bulky in my pocket but I can always add more stuff should I need or want to. Some stuff switches around but this is how it is now.

Earplugs and a spare set, tiny rechargeable olight as a backup to my main flashlight, two 123a batteries for main light, fisher bullet pen, half a bandanna, leatherman micra and victorinox cadet.

BB61BE9A-D2BF-4BC8-8C47-BA460E7A08D4.jpeg

I have been carrying a maxpedition micro for a few months now and like it a lot. I try to keep it minimal so it’s not too bulky in my pocket but I can always add more stuff should I need or want to. Some stuff switches around but this is how it is now.

Earplugs and a spare set, tiny rechargeable olight as a backup to my main flashlight, two 123a batteries for main light, fisher bullet pen, half a bandanna, leatherman micra and victorinox cadet.

View attachment 1398334
They are great for sure.
I found it too big for what I carry so I eventually switched to the smaller Gatura, but the maxpedition was easy enough to get used to and I think I used it for at least 6 months. I don't remember exactly how long for sure though.

I sure wish there was some kind of industry standard pocket size for pants and shorts, a size that was pretty generous of course.
That would make my life so much easier.

They are great for sure.
I found it too big for what I carry so I eventually switched to the smaller Gatura, but the maxpedition was easy enough to get used to and I think I used it for at least 6 months. I don't remember exactly how long for sure though.

I sure wish there was some kind of industry standard pocket size for pants and shorts, a size that was pretty generous of course.
That would make my life so much easier.

That gatura is pretty neat, I may look into getting one.

That gatura is pretty neat, I may look into getting one.
They have some other interesting ones too.
I didn't know when I bought it, but they're actually made to order in the Ukraine.

It's very well made but one thing I will say is that the zipper they used is kind of overkill for it's size , it would slim down a bit with a more appropriately sized zipper.

Everything loose in my pocket. I would like something but not sure what? Everything is too large I think. Such as 940-1 and Deadwood flashlight, Full size multi tool ETC. Is there anything that would hold those things and actually fit in a pocket? I would like it so everything stops getting scratched. Plus Glock 9mm I would prefer a Cordura sheath over leather I have. I will look at stuff but I bet it is too large.

Edit: I take it you wear this on your belt loop. I will stick with concealed in my pocket.

Last edited:
Everything loose in my pocket. I would like something but not sure what? Everything is too large I think. Such as 940-1 and Deadwood flashlight, Full size multi tool ETC. Is there anything that would hold those things and actually fit in a pocket? I would like it so everything stops getting scratched. Plus Glock 9mm I would prefer a Cordura sheath over leather I have. I will look at stuff but I bet it is too large.

Edit: I take it you wear this on your belt loop. I will stick with concealed in my pocket.

Mine goes in my pocket.

I think you're probably SOL considering the size of your items.
Theres just no way anything that can hold it all will be pocketable, that's the kind of situation where it's best to distribute everything throughout other pockets.

Back