Pocket organizers and pocket organizer setups

People can do what they want, of course, but some guys get awfully carried away with how much stuff they carry on a daily basis. You gotta be careful to not become George Costanza. ;)

I've carried too much stuff before.
Now I may still carry more than what's necessary but when each thing is really small it doesn't become annoying to carry like the full sized items did before.

Everything loose in my pocket. I would like something but not sure what? Everything is too large I think. Such as 940-1 and Deadwood flashlight, Full size multi tool ETC. Is there anything that would hold those things and actually fit in a pocket? I would like it so everything stops getting scratched. Plus Glock 9mm I would prefer a Cordura sheath over leather I have. I will look at stuff but I bet it is too large.

Edit: I take it you wear this on your belt loop. I will stick with concealed in my pocket.
Check out Skinth pocket organizers

Just out of curiosity, do these fit in your jeans/work trouser pockets, or do you guys mount them on your belts? I had a small camera pouch repurposed as a pocket organizer before, but sadly misplaced it.

Just out of curiosity, do these fit in your jeans/work trouser pockets, or do you guys mount them on your belts? I had a small camera pouch repurposed as a pocket organizer before, but sadly misplaced it.
Mine goes in my pocket, theres no belt loop.
I used to do the whole batman utility belt thing all the time, but now I only do so at work.
My organizer is not the kind of format that would work well on the belt in my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
I ended up ordering one of those gatura pocket organizers.

I still carry my maxpedition micro everyday but it’s bulky, has more space than I need and I’m tired of stuff trying to fall out when I open it. I think I will like the gatura better and it will be more minimalistic.

I ended up ordering one of those gatura pocket organizers.

I still carry my maxpedition micro everyday but it’s bulky, has more space than I need and I’m tired of stuff trying to fall out when I open it. I think I will like the gatura better and it will be more minimalistic, which I like.
That's exactly what I like about it.

I actually cut the pull loop off mine recently, it was just in the way and I felt it was in a pretty useless position.
I'd much rather have a top loop like maxpedition does.

How long did it take to get your gatura from the time you ordered it? I’m curious, since I’m ready for it now, lol.

How long did it take to get your gatura from the time you ordered it? I’m curious, since I’m ready for it now, lol.

Looking back In a thread I started to ask about them , I ordered it on may 29th and received it on June 19th.
They're made to order, so that would explain the time I suppose.
I recently ordered a nice little toolbox from Japan that arrived in about a week and that surprised the heck out of me.

People can do what they want, of course, but some guys get awfully carried away with how much stuff they carry on a daily basis. You gotta be careful to not become George Costanza. ;)

This times 10!!
John ✌️

This times 10!!
John ✌️
Absolutely, and I used to get pretty carried away looking for this and that which would come in handy but i never used.
It may take me a while to decide something is unnecessary, but I will eventually do so.
Now theres just one or two things I know I could live without, but they're not taking up enough room to worry about .

A lot of people carry more than my little pocket organizer worth of stuff just on their keys, and knowing that makes me feel a little less crazy for carrying what I do.

While I have lots of gear in my Lexus Land Cruiser, on my person, I carry a little SAK Executive (the real one, not the mini fake), chapstick, and Benchmade Bugout. The keys have a little Nightcore flashlight and a freebie Olight as well as a small pill fob that carries a couple Alieve and a couple Benadryl. In my wallet (a small credit card ID wallet), I carry a couple Band-Aids (left over habit from when the kids were little). Out on hikes, I carry a little bit more. ;)

There is a fine line between having enough for EDC and too much, but everyone's environment is different. I like the pocket organizer, idea / concept and played with it a bit with some Max gear, but for me, it adds TOO much bulk. I haven't looked at it since, but should re-visit

Below is my daily and works with casual clothes / office attire / field attire.

Left Front:
Clipped - Streamlight ProTac 2L-X , CRK small micarta insingo
In pocket - keys, SOG powerpint, chapstick

Right Front:
Wallet
Clipped - RHK XM-18 3.5"
Small bottle of hand sanitizer (go figure this would be EDC item now...hah)

Ankle -Med Kit / Blow out kit (ATLAS - Achillies)

The gatura finally came in. Very cool little unit. Much smaller than the trusty maxpedition micro.

0B81C6F0-4295-46F9-9C43-0903B81D764D.jpeg

I’ll post some more pictures once I’ve swapped over. The gatura seems like it can carry plenty of stuff but the trick is to do that and keep it relatively slim.

The gatura finally came in. Very cool little unit. Much smaller than the trusty maxpedition micro.

View attachment 1520904

I’ll post some more pictures once I’ve swapped over. The gatura seems like it can carry plenty of stuff but the trick is to do that and keep it relatively slim.
And theres always more space to fill too which is very tempting, so it's easy for one of these to get out of hand.

I could definitely see it making a good wallet that can hold a few other small items, and I've been tempted to try but I have a wallet that's very important to me and I can't bring myself to stop using it.

This ought to do for now. I’ll likely make some small tweaks, primarily a better way to attach a battery locker. The little pull loop may be good for that purpose.

FCECD46F-4576-4882-AEF3-9D3DCF43B0D8.jpeg

I really like these back pouches. They can easily hold a medium or small traditional knife, which is perfect for a secondary carry traditional. This one is a shapleigh DE branded jr cattle knife made by schrade. Also put my surefire titan single aaa light in there. I will be able to get it out easily with the lanyard sticking out in case I need it. It’s a backup light for me anyways but it has a common battery and good 15/125 lumen modes with good runtime for each mode.

7924AF58-0AF1-4DA6-8506-3F6AF2BEB6E5.jpeg

I’ve got my usual stuff in here. Folded blue shop towel, two sets of earplugs, spare car key, tiny swiss army, fisher pen, mini sharpie, two surefire cr123 batteries (I always carry a light that takes 123’s) and a spare lithium aaa for my titan. Overall I very much prefer the organization of the gatura over the maxpedition and the size is just about right. It’s just a little more slim than my maxpedition the way I packed it but you can only do so much.

B9E9FB33-6A44-4E13-AFF5-4144C158FA90.jpeg

This was the maxpedition setup, a little different. I like everything about the gatura better except that it does not have a top pull loop.

EE58503C-481A-462F-A9FC-75992BD90E76.jpeg

Last edited:
The " back " pockets are great, but I carry it backwards
making them the front pockets for me.
I do this so I can remove my knife pen and small multitool without taking the organizer out of my pocket, that's absolute must for me.

I think that's how it should have been designed anyways, but I can only assume it wasn't really designed for someone like me who's main knife or multitool are small enough to fit in this organizer.

After using the gatura for a couple weeks I have to say I love it. Totally superior to the maxpedition. The improved organization and smaller footprint has been really nice, also the fact that nothing falls out when you open it. The back pouches are great for items that you want easy access to, in my case a secondary knife and flashlight.

The side loop is great for attaching all sorts of things to the pouch as well without making the it more bulky.

After using the gatura for a couple weeks I have to say I love it. Totally superior to the maxpedition. The improved organization and smaller footprint has been really nice, also the fact that nothing falls out when you open it. The back pouches are great for items that you want easy access to, in my case a secondary knife and flashlight.

The side loop is great for attaching all sorts of things to the pouch as well without making the it more bulky.
I actually removed the side loop on mine.
For me theres no room for anything but this organizer in my pockets , well technically theres room but with the pocket organizer in my pocket theres little room for my hand to fish anything else out.

Back